What's new

RM Mojito wins Versus Kombat Series #4!!

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
As the results come in for Week 4 of South Florida's weekly Kombat Series, RM Mojito with Liu Kang sits atop the throne a week after Kitana took it - proving that in fact, the Reign of Revenants is real in SoFlo, and it's happening now. Also, what is seemingly a Versus tradition, every week the Grand Finals has at least 1 recurring member from the previous week. With that being said, the cards may be in Mojito's favor in the near future! We also capped out at a little over 250 viewers, which is our highest and has risen every week. Thanks to everyone who supports! Whether you catch us live or not, we appreciate it.

You can catch us every Wednesday night at @~9pm EST FGC standard time at: www.twitch.tv/vsgc

This week was very special, for one reason in particular. We had THE ACTUAL JASON VOORHEES show up from Crystal Lake, all the way out to South Florida to participate in our weekly tourney. Jason went on the leave a lot of bodies in his wake, before finally succumbing to a certain ever-loving Princess of Edenian Royalty. Ultimately leaving his mask behind in the process, this is a testament to the greatness provided by Versus Gaming Center down in Pompano Beach, FL. Here's a sneak of the aftermath of Jason.....

This week also saw an out of town surprise. In the first week we had Tampa's own @AoK Ryan grace us with his Goro Punchwalk > EX Punchwalking presence. This week, D.R., of Noob Saibot hype, brought his Kotal Kahn as War God of Orlando. Florida's scenes are thriving all over and if you're in Central Florida, definitely hit DR up, get at @RM I$AAC here, or get at @Argenrost on Twitter.

We now have VOD for ease of use, in Playlist form as well. A little out of order, but you should be able to manage :
FULL Results: http://versus.challonge.com/mkx_050615/standings

1st - RM Mojito (Liu Kang: Dragon's Fire)
2nd - @Kitana Prime (Kitana: Royal Storm)
3rd - GrimTG (Johnny Cage: Stunt Double)
4th - Omagoma561 (Sonya Blade: Special Ops)
5th - @D.R. (Kotal Kahn: War God)
5th - @Big D aka Jason Voorhees (Jason: Slasher)
7th - @cR_whiteboi (Ferra/Torr: Vicious)
7th - @SomeCubanGuy (Kung Jin: Bojutsu / Erron Black: Outlaw)

Highlights!

"Jason vs Possessed Kenshi? #2spooky4me"

"Mojito Clutch"

"Spacing 101 w/ a side of Failed Nutpunch" PS. Start at 3:25 to skip uneceessary stuff

"Whiffed Divekicks? That's Safe Brah"

"Jason's End"

We're still working out the kinks as we move forward, will continue to cut downtime, make sure scores are always updated properly, etc. However, a big thank you to everyone both tuning in live and watching the archives, etc. Community first. SoFlo is <3

@The BOSS
@Tim Static better this time? :p

Attachments

Last edited:

BudL0

Creator of BudTech
Every week is better and better. If you're in the south Florida area come out on Wednesday. The guys at Versus are cool.

We run a tight ship but we want everyone to level up and have fun above all else, and I think we're succeeding in that regard.

Thanks to everyone who comes out, retweets us, or watch our stream. We appreciate soon the love. Best scene out there

KingRey

Noob
I an going to rally the troops here in Northeast FL to see who is available to come down on June 10th. You guys better prepare for the invasion!

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I wish North Carolina has people. :mad:
Im not that good, but every match is an experience.