What's new

RM GamerBlake Gets 3rd in IGAU At WB9!

I just got home from WINTERBRAWL and wanted to congratulate Blake on his victories this weekend. He is truly an amazing person, player, friend, and leader. Earlier this morning, the RM members gathered around a breakfast table at the Philly Diner, along with a few other friends from the FGC, and we witnessed one of the greatest speeches that a leader has ever dished out to his team. Not only did he admire his fellow RMs for their hard work and effort. But he went on to talk about ways to better both RM and the community itself as a whole.

After this meeting took place, the team was ready for action when stepping up in top 8 for their games of choice. Some MK, some KI, and some for Igau. While all RMs flourished in what they do best. A few stuck out to me in such big ways. And I'd like to elaborate on those for a minute.

While Shin Tristan and CD Jr, both made top 8 in KI, not to mention the other RMs in the KI top 16, the other RMs showed their strength in IGAU. And as some of you may have expected Decay, Honeybee, Sonic, Bio, KDZ and others to make their way through the brackets, the first Clan/Team leader in the NRS community to ever place top 3 in a major, was @RM GamerBlake. I didn't even realize this fun fact until @EMPEROR_OF_OUTWORLD had brought it to my attention in an earlier conversation on FB. (Shout outs to Outworld for hanging with the fellas at WB. Same for @Emperor SaltFace and @Empress_Fantasy.)

So really, I just want to say congrats to Blake for his amazing performance at this venue. He not only made his team proud, but he showed them that he's not only a leader, but also an elite player when it comes to war in what we love so much.

Blake. You earned it! Cherish it! And let's see many more performances from you like this in the future. The godfather of RM is pleased with your display of love for you team, and love for the game. As always.

-Stranger

Last edited:

I$AAC

Noob
I told blake this yesterday but it needs to be said again.

I also want to say that seeing Blake's performance today has inspired me even more to be the absolute best when MKX drops. Due to financial and personal issues since 2012 I'm ready to make an impact like I did back in the mk9 days. Seeing his performance made this hunger grow even stronger. I want to thank him for that for his performance is an inspiration to me as well as other players!

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
CONGRATS TO BLAKE !!!!! NOW MAKING YOU BOW IN A TOURNAMENT WILL BE UTTERLY PLEASING!!!! NICE MEETING YOU AND STRANGER AT WB .... I HONESTLY SAY YOU GUYS PUT YOUR TEAM BEFORE YOU ... CAPTAIN GOES DOWN WITH THE SHIP!!!!! THE LOYALTY THAT I WITTNESS ... RM IS A GREAT KLAN .... BUT NOT AS GREAT THE EMPRS LOL ... HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON !!!
Why are you always shouting? For some reason I always read your responses in Shoa Kahn's voice in ma head...lol

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Blake's Batman performance was quite simply the best I've seen, his discipline was on another level. I really need to re-watch his match vs Rico but I'm pretty sure he didn't do a raw jump in once, not once. That's like having a supermodel nymphomaniac as your wife and not doing the business every night... or something like that, anyway you get what I mean :D

Mad props to you @RM GamerBlake

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Your thread humbles me, @RM xSTRANGERx. Knowing I have made little to no errors in helping to grow our team is comforting knowledge.

None of you could begin to understand the raw emotion sweeping through me during the entire weekend. Until after I'd beaten Rico I had no idea I had cracked Top 8 for Injustice. When the commentators told me, it took an ungodly level of restraint to avoid choking up from joy.

Add in the fact I almost cracked ANOTHER Top 8 in Killer Instinct, and went toe-to-toe with @RDK|Tyrant in both that game and Injustice (beat him in one set apiece in both games, but he ran it back in KI to eliminate me), and you've got a recipe for a chapter full of triumph. I am still in disbelief over it.

Without the faith placed in me by my friends, particularly my RM team, I wouldn't have found a reason to keep pushing towards this moment. Those who know me will remember all too well the many times where I'd felt resigned to the "fact" that I would never surpass myself no matter how desperately I wanted to. But nobody ever stopped disagreeing with me...and now, I am grateful in a way that words can't describe.

I only regret that I didn't play Injustice more often than I did, and I also regret it took almost two years since the game's release for everything to come to this. But at the very least, nobody can tell me I didn't have strong competition ahead of me, and nobody can say I didn't put up a fight to specific players who got the win off me.

...this is going to take some getting used to. Just don't expect me to go all, "I'm the best player now!", because that would be a little overboard, LOL. As well, third place isn't the equivalent to winning a tournament, it is simply a step in that direction.

Enough words. I gotta get ready for the ride home, but I will touch base again tonight or tomorrow. Until then, stay well.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
You're my boy but i have to say this. Blake's performance with batman is a blow up to u. You're still best batman but yesterday showed that batman can still do his thing.
I know Batman can still do his thing, but he still loses to about 7 characters. I didn't watch Winter Brawl at all so Idk if Blake fought any of those characters high level.

But still congratulations to Blake sounds like he had an awesome performance. Especially if he used Batman the whole time without switching, props to him

Last edited: