What's new

RIP Macho Man

holy crap! that seriously ruined my day. that dude was my idol when i was a kid. if he would have returned to wrestling i might have actually watched it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I can't even be happy for my brother's birthday today... :(

Happy birthday Randy Savage. The world needs to snap into a Slim Jim at least once today.

Sad day for wrestling fans and for people who just enjoyed his highly entertaining personality. He was such a fun person to watch when I was a kid. =(

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
It is such a shame. I heard this news on twitter and just couldn't believe what happened. Such a sad day. He was one one my favorite wrestlers in wwf/e. I will be grabbing me a slim jim today in memory of Macho Man.

Dark_Rob

Noob
OMG NO!. Randy Savage was like top 3 of the greatest wrestlers of all time to me. Dude was legend.
Savage vs Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3 was the most amazing match ever.
RIP Randy.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Damn. Savage was always greatly entertaining, especially his coke induced interviews! I'm sure that was a strain on his heart...sucks that he's gone.

SZSR

Noob
This is the worst, I always enjoyed his voice work and other works in the 90's. He will be missed.

Sonya Blade

Mission Accomplished
I was incredibly sad when I heard of this news, because Macho Man Randy Savage was my second favorite wrestler of all time. I actually bought his DVD when it came out and got hit with a huge wave of nostalgia. I loved his ability to work the crowd, whether it was him drawing heat from them or him being loved by the fans because of his charisma. The guy was a great wrestler, too.

R.I.P Macho Man.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Randy Savage had more balls than the everyone in the WWE today combined. Dude let Jake "the snake" Roberts put a King Cobra on his arm and bite him. He had balls for days.

DCT

Noob
Randy Savage had more balls than the everyone in the WWE today combined. Dude let Jake "the snake" Roberts put a King Cobra on his arm and bite him. He had balls for days.

Holy crap, I remember that I was actually at that show. I will never forget it because when Jake was leaving after the match I said something insulting to him and he gave me the stare of death for that.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Holy crap, I remember that I was actually at that show. I will never forget it because when Jake was leaving after the match I said something insulting to him and he gave me the stare of death for that.
You said something insulting to a crazy alcoholic carrying a King Cobra??? YOU have balls for days lol

DCT

Noob
You said something insulting to a crazy alcoholic carrying a King Cobra??? YOU have balls for days lol
Well this was the days before the internet, well the days before it was wide spread anyway so unless you subscribed to a dirt sheet you really didn't know things like that. Also I doubt he would be crazy enough to do something stupid to a young fan on camera.

Still highlight of that show was seeing Randy Savage who was my favorite wrestler from that era. RIP Macho Man

Edit just found this Poem from Jay Lethal who did a Macho man gimmick in TNA as Black Machismo

You inspired me more than this world will ever know. Enjoy.
You were a tower of power that was too sweet to be sour,
You were funky like a monkey every minute of every hour.
For you, space was the place and time distortion had to be,
And your fans here on earth wanted the madness for eternity.
You met every challenge with fists clinched and face to face,
You even fought and defeats dragons and snakes.
Flying off the ropes with an elbow drop,
There was no way you could ever be stopped.
Identifiable by your voice alone,
Even being Dubbed the macho king while you sat on your throne.
We hung on your words with interviews memorable and classic,
And we knew it was serious when you took off your glasses.
I promise not to lose you in the sands of time,
For you will always be that all time hero of mine.
–jay lethal–

And Hector Sanchez posted this via his twitter when the news broke, it was my favorite pic that I seen since his passing.