What's new

Revelations - $30,000+ [SAKO] SSF4:AE/MvC3/MK/BBCS1,2/AH3/TK6 Jun. 10 - 12 LA, CA.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Round 1! FIGHT!

CaliPower said:
- Revelations -

Tournament Legacy's collaborative efforts bring you the largest video game tournament to hit the Los Angeles area, introducing Revelations. A tournament featuring the highest caliber of professional gamers, hottest titles, decorative sponsor support, and over $30,000+ in cash/prizes with SAME DAY PAY OUTS!

What is Revelations?

Passion. Sacrifice. Collaboration. These elements are at the core of what Revelations stands for. Through countless hours of production planning and negotiations with everyone from community leaders to prospective sponsors Revelations has demanded a tremendous amount of passion, sacrifice, and collaboration to become a reality. Bridging the gap between multiple genres has culminated in an all inclusive event featuring the hottest competitive games from the Fighting, Sports, F.P.S, and P.C communities. Aiming to bring much needed industry exposure to the competitive gaming scene as a whole, E3 week will segue into Revelations stimulating further sponsor involvement and community growth. What is Revelations you ask? Simply an opportunity to come together, enjoy an amazing event, and help grow the scene we all love.

Tournament Legacy:

www.tournamentlegacy.com

Revelations Site:

www.tournamentlegacy.com/revelations/

Trailer:

Fighting game tournament direction and stream provided by Level Up LLC:

www.justin.tv/leveluplive

Friday/Saturday Pools Stream by Offcast:
offcast on Justin.tv

Date:

June 10-12, 2011 (E3 Weekend)

The Proud Bird – Grand Ballroom
11022 Aviation Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310) 670-3093

Fighting Game Lineup

• Super Street Fighter IV AE* - Xbox360
• Marvel vs Capcom 3* - Xbox360
• Mortal Kombat - PS3
• Tekken 6 - PS3
• BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2 - PS3
• BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 1 (Side Event) - PS3
• Arcana Heart 3 - PS3
• Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Side Event) - PS3
• King Of Fighters 13 (Side Event) - PS3
*Team based 3v3 Tournaments for this game will be capped at 32 teams MAXIMUM

Registration

Site: http://tinyurl.com/4c5klgu

•Early Registration (until April 30th): $40 registration fee (+ processing fee), plus $10 per game.
•Late Registration (May. 1st –June 1st): $50 registration fee (+ processing fee), plus $10 per game.
•On-Site Registration: $50 registration fee, plus $10 per game.
•No Registration Fee required if ONLY entering Arcana Heart 3 tournament

Lodging:

Doubletree Site: Hotel
A block of rooms has been reserved for June 10, 2011 - June 13, 2011. The special room rate will be available until May 10th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.

See you at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo in June! We hope you enjoy your stay and your group's event!

For reservation outside the indicated dates, or if you have further questions concerning this group, contact the hotel directly at 310-322.0999

HOTEL UPDATE!!

For those of you that want to book Thurs night (June 9) to get the Revelations deal at Doubletree, please contact either of the following Doubeltree associates:
•Mariano (310)955-1112 direct
•Art Pilli (310)744-2043 direct

Also, there will be FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE from LAX to Doubletree AND Doubletree to the venue!!

Shuttle service runs from 7AM-12AM and goes to LAX every 30mins.

Prize Structure

AKSYS Games, will be providing a guaranteed prize pot of $5,000 for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift!! That's not all, they're also collaborating with Tournament Legacy on hosting the 'Official Arcana Heart 3 Tournament' with a guaranteed prize pot of $1,000!! Last but not least, exclusive to AH3 participants, the venue fee will be waived!! Please visit the Revelations registration site for more details!

HORI, the makers of high quality gaming peripherals, is providing Revelations winners with exciting prizes to top place finishers!! Prizes TBA!!

MeatBun, today's favorite and classic video game apparel company will be providing prizes for top 3 finishers!!

Informed Studios, is sponsoring the Tekken 6 Tournament with a guaranteed pot of $1,000 to finalists!!

Super Street Fighter 4:

• $20,000 Prize Pot for Super Street Fighter IV.
• SSF4 – Top 16 pay out –
1st: $10,000
2nd: $3,000
3rd: $2,000 + Hitbox Stick
4th: $1,000
5th: $800
5th: $800
7th: $600
7th: $600
9th: $200
13th: $100

Super Street Fighter 4 3v3 Teams
1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

• $5,000 Prize Pot for Marvel vs Capcom 3.
• MVC3 – Top 8 pay out –
1st: $2,500
2nd: $1,000
3rd: $500 + Hitbox Stick
4th: $400
5th: $200
7th: $100

Marvel vs Capcom 3 3v3 Teams

BlazBlue:CS2

•$5,000 Prize Pot for BB:CS2.
•BB:CS – Top 8 pay out –
1st: $2,500
2nd: $1,000
3rd: $500 + Hit Box
4th: $400

BlazBlue:CS1

Arcana Heart

•$1,000 Guaranteed in the Prize Pot for Arcana heart 3
•AH3 - Top 4 pay out -
1st: 650
2nd: 200
3rd: 100 + HitBox
4th: 50
*128 Man Cap for AH3

Tekken 6

•$1,000 Guaranteed in the Prize Pot for Tekken 6
1st: $650
2nd: $200
3rd: $100
4th: $50
- Informed Studios will showcase their community efforts by donating a guaranteed pot prize and assisting in running the TK6 brackets with us!! For more information about Informed Studios, please visit informedstudios.com -.
* More prizes TBA

*NOTE: ALL TEAM TOURNAMENTS MUST REGISTER ONLINE BUT PAY AT THE DOOR!

Sponsors:
AKSYS Games
HORI
SRC Event Group
Informed Studios

Partners & Affiliates:

Level Up LLC
Lancryption
Meatbun
Hitbox
PTG Pro
Angry Bananas
Shadowloo

DrDogg

Noob
FYI... OP doesn't mention anything about MK.

Is MK going to be on PS3 or 360?

Also, if I end up going to E3 (undecided at the moment), then I'll probably stay the weekend and attend this.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
FYI... OP doesn't mention anything about MK.

Is MK going to be on PS3 or 360?

Also, if I end up going to E3 (undecided at the moment), then I'll probably stay the weekend and attend this.
TYM will be running MK, and it will be on PS3.

I'll post updates on this tournament soon.

$1K for arc hearts.. and mk will have 0 guaranteed money. what a dumb Mk tourney, doubt many will show especially when theres more money at CEO.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
First post updated.

$1K for arc hearts.. and mk will have 0 guaranteed money. what a dumb Mk tourney, doubt many will show especially when theres more money at CEO.
wow Bill...

Just so you know, MK wasn't at Revelations. It was only recently that it got considered, and yes a lot of us on here will be running the "dumb MK event" so that SoCal can have its first MK Major. AKSYS Games will sponsor Arcana Hearts, and unfortunately for MK we have yet to find a sponsor do to it being added late to the line up. The line up was decided before the game had a release date, and up until recently, mortal kombat did not exist on the west coast as it did on the east. Nobody here thought it had potential, and you cant blame them.

I will not tolerate asshole comments like this because we work extremely hard on our SoCal MK scene down here for this to have even been possible in the first place.

I hate to put you on blast like this, Bill. You know I have mad love for you, but this was uncalled for.

The Mortal Kombat tournament will happen, but details on guaranteed money or anything of that source has not been set in stone. How about you help me find a sponsor if you're interested in flying down to Cali?

I'll be streaming pools for revelations Saturday Evening, so have your commentators ready.
Sounds awesome man. :top:

bone i said dumb because its an insult. MK9 is new and hot and played.. A LOT. i see mk9 shit on still with tourneys that pay out for games with half the entrants of MK. if MK9 is 1 cent under 1K its an insult and dumb.

thats what i mean bone....

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
bone i said dumb because its an insult. MK9 is new and hot and played.. A LOT. i see mk9 shit on still with tourneys that pay out for games with half the entrants of MK. if MK9 is 1 cent under 1K its an insult and dumb.

We are still looking for a sponsor man, there is so little you can do when the game wasn't even in the line up to begin with.

We are working hard here. Like I said, as far as the guaranteed money, nothing is set in stone just yet.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

Did PowerUp have a pot bonus for MK9? That's rhetorical, the answer is no.

Also CEO doesn't have a pot bonus for MK9 either.

I don't see your problem?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Ah alright. The point still stands that there wasn't a pot bonus at PowerUp and it's ridiculous to expect every tournament to have one, especially one that added MK9 very very late, such as Revelations.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I know its your West Coast MK9 tourney, but how you cant be pissed at a tourney that has $30 fucking thousand dollars in prize money, and for THE hottest fighting game out there and NOT ONE CENT is guaranteed prize money for MK9???? Thats fucking retarded.

you guys are acting like children. this is a major scale event that i'm sure took an enormous amount of time to plan and to line up sponsors for. all of which was done before they even knew the mk9 release date, much less that it would be a solid game. nobody is trying to dick you, if it was being planned today of course it would have a featured mk event. it's probably a minor miracle that krayzie, and whoever else pushed for this, were actually able to get space assigned to run a potentially large side tournament. with events of this scale space and time are at a premium.

what they absolutely do deserve criticism for is the ridiculous scheduling conflict.

EGP Wonder_Chef

you guys are acting like children. this is a major scale event that i'm sure took an enormous amount of time to plan and to line up sponsors for. all of which was done before they even knew the mk9 release date, much less that it would be a solid game. nobody is trying to dick you, if it was being planned today of course it would have a featured mk event. it's probably a minor miracle that krayzie, and whoever else pushed for this, were actually able to get space assigned to run a potentially large side tournament. with events of this scale space and time are at a premium.

what they absolutely do deserve criticism for is the ridiculous scheduling conflict.
Literally could not have said it better.

Thats great and all man but If I'm not being paid to show then I'm not going to shit.

Evolution is paying me to show up, visa vi, that MK9 money is all mine. Sign, sealed and notarized by Ed Boon.

Julius Rage: "I don't practice, I don't read frame data, I don't talk god damn strategy and I'm still sick enough to give you the flu."

Thats great and all man but If I'm not being paid to show then I'm not going to shit.

Evolution is paying me to show up, visa vi, that MK9 money is all mine. Sign, sealed and notarized by Ed Boon.

Julius Rage: "I don't practice, I don't read frame data, I don't talk god damn strategy and I'm still sick enough to give you the flu."
did you just quote yourself? wow

To all the people hating reveLAtions, haters going to hate and in any case reveLAtion will do good with or without you and MK9.

EGP Wonder_Chef

did you just quote yourself? wow

To all the people hating reveLAtions, haters going to hate and in any case reveLAtion will do good with or without you and MK9.
I think he was being sarcastic.

I can also agree that it's messed up to run it on the same day as CEO, but now that Fighting Games are blowing up so much, we're going to see this a whole lot. And it isn't like they were close or anything.