What's new

Reptiles X-Ray move nerfed?

So I've been working on some combos and I noticed a FK,BP~forceball,FK,BP~forceball,FK,BP,~Xray does about 39% damage, whereas his xray attack alone is 33%. You mean I have to do all that work and get a measly 6% extra? What the hell?

Using X-ray or enhanced moves in combos are always a waste of meter imo unless they're going to finish the opponent off. (Except with Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and a few others...)

I'm pretty sure Reptile's x-ray is one of the best in the game. I would use it on reaction to projectiles. That shit goes full screen.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Using X-ray or enhanced moves in combos are always a waste of meter imo unless they're going to finish the opponent off. Except with Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and a few others...

I'm pretty sure Reptile's x-ray is one of the best in the game. I would use it on reaction to projectiles. That shit goes full screen.
Rep's along with Kano's is probably one of the most powerful in the game too.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Jax and Kano have the highest with 41%
Imo losing almost half your health because of an xray is a bit much

Zebster

How's my volume?
Jax and Kano have the highest with 41%
Imo losing almost half your health because of an xray is a bit much
Thing is, the reason they do so much is there is no way to guarantee that you will land the X-Ray like the other X-Rays in the game.

Except damage isn't what makes an X-ray good.

Kano's x-ray is a freaking unblockable throw with mothafukken super armor. That's what makes it godlike. It would still be great if it only did 33%.

Yea never use the X-ray at the end of Reptile's long juggle combos. Save that and use it to react to projectiles. Besides once your opponent sees that you have full meter and knows that you will use the X-ray on reaction to projectiles...They start play alot less aggressive and is when you're able to make a move and get some good damage.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Thing is, the reason they do so much is there is no way to guarantee that you will land the X-Ray like the other X-Rays in the game.
I'm inclined to disagree with you there because:

Unlike other fighter's X-Rays, Jax and Kanos cannot be blocked. They can be avoided if you jump but that's true for every character. Also some fighters' xray move can be cancelled if you simply hit them at a specific moment. Jax and Kano will never stop when it starts due to the super armor.

The only reason I can see why they would give them a 41% dmg Xray is...
1- Because they arent very high tier players
or/and
2- Unlike other fighters that can combo into their Xrays, they cant since its a grab move.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I'm inclined to disagree with you there because:

Unlike other fighter's X-Rays, Jax and Kanos cannot be blocked. They can be avoided if you jump but that's true for every character. Also some fighters' xray move can be cancelled if you simply hit them at a specific moment. Jax and Kano will never stop when it starts due to the super armor.

The only reason I can see why they would give them a 41% dmg Xray is...
1- Because they arent very high tier players
or/and
2- Unlike other fighters that can combo into their Xrays, they cant since its a grab move.
Just want to say, in case you didn't know, their X-Rays don't have armor throughout the whole move. Besides that I don't really have any argument with what you said.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Just want to say, in case you didn't know, their X-Rays don't have armor throughout the whole move. Besides that I don't really have any argument with what you said.
When the XRay is started and the animation of them openning their arms begins, if you hit them, they will take damage but it wont stop their Xray
(if I understood what you mean)

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
what specifically did they nerf on reptile? just the damage in general? yeeeeeeeiiiikes, why do they keep hurting my poor reptile?

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
this is what i'm hoping DIDN'T happen. if they ruined him just cause a community of complainers were sad that i punish their mistakes by juggling the crap out of them, then they should build a damn breaker and not nerf my character! it's not like it's a single button press that makes me do high damage, i have to approach the situation different everytime. now they're gonna make me work even harder for damage cause someone won a tournament with reptile? (i realize this isn't the reason but i'm ranting folks. i don't want him nerfed back into the stoneage!)

Zebster

How's my volume?
When the XRay is started and the animation of them openning their arms begins, if you hit them, they will take damage but it wont stop their Xray
(if I understood what you mean)
On the last frame of their X-Ray their armor is gone. So if you have good timing you can knock them out of their X-Ray just before it lands.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
32 xx forceball does not link on the ground.

Reptile's scaling was upped a bit, and as such, his damage is generally nerfed.

he's just referring to 32 as a combo starter I think. 32 to forceball on the ground never was a combo, it still juggles in combos tho.
Yeah, his bnb uses 3,2xxSlow Forceball in the air after 1,2,2xxFast Forceball. At least that's the bnb I use for Reptile: 1,2,2xxFast Forceball, 3,2xxSlow Forceball, 3,2,1, Slide.