What's new

Reptiles Two Loop starters!

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
We all know about Reptiles Loop starter from the early MK days. I'm also sure you guys know about Mk9's new LOOP starter for Reptile 321 DASH CANCEL. But wait, i discovered a second LOOP starter as well :confused: . Check out these videos i'v did. Two Different loop-Kombo starters. It may give you an idea for better kombo opportunities. :D

Version 1

Version 2

This is not really a loop, but give great ideas>

heres another great Loop i just recently uploaded, its stronger

Loving that 3rd combo, well done! I haven't really used his acid hand all that much except when punishing blocking low, but now I see it's pretty useful.

Thanks!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Good stuff. Didn't think there was enough time after EX acid ball to get in a dash to the other side and land a hit. Definitely could work if we can make the damage much higher than that of just 321 xx dash.

REYTHEGREAT

So many cool reptile combos out there. This character is really cool. I cannot seem to connect anything after the run. I know when you run you cancel that into a kick or jump punch. How in the world you guys pulling this off? Is it some type of strict timing?

I'm trying to get the elbow dash to cancel as well. When you guys say "cancel" is it just another way of saying that after the elbow dash you input "jump/up" or "kick" and it cancels the dash and performs that other move instead?

These reptile combos are so sick.

THTB

It's really all muscle memory. I sat there for like an hour or two just getting 321 xx dash, NJP to work, and I continue to practice it everyday with Reptile. I can do it pretty much about 90% of the time I try it now.

The dash ends much earlier than you'd expect...that's the big key. That can make it a lot easier to do, knowing that. The easiest hit to get after the dash is IMO NJP since holding up will make you immediately jump, making the timing on it a little easier.

Hi gusy, new here. not completly sure on how to write this combo down.
But what I usually do is 122ball,32ball,2 3+4 wich hits for 31% and is loads easier to preform than the 321 dash combos

must...practice...this...a lot.

Too good. Thank you for this. I was getting tired of using 122 elbow dash and 122ball 32ball 321slide and random pokes. lol

THTB

Yeah, man. Practice his dash combos! They're key if you wanna win with Reptile. The damage makes it worth learning.

I've been using poke strings a lot to force them into the corner to hit 321 Sball, 321 FBall 1221 EX Sweep as my big combo.
But now I don't need to rely on corner game so much to do solid damage once I learn this.

I used Reptile in UMK3 and MK4 so he was the first guy I picked up in MK9 and I was like "ppplleeeaasseee be similar to one or the other so I don't have to learn so much shit"

He's a pretty good medium. He has the combo-ability of UMK3 but the potential rushdown of MK4 Reptile so I am very pleased with him in this title so far. I haven't used anyone else. lol

THTB

Yeah, I'm so glad to see his dash combos made it in in some form, and they definitely help him out. It comes off a very easily hitconfirmed string that you can use to mixup if it's blocked. And the timing isn't nearly as tricky as UMK3. :)

And that's not all he has, either. He can play a defensive, footsie-based game, too. And his mobility is definitely nice thanks to elbow dash.

He's so well-rounded, and I love it. Very easy to switch between particular playstyles.

Yeah. I watched some of Dark Rob's matches with him using Reptile and he was playing him really defensively with well placed Force Balls and counter hitting with Elbow Dash so he could start mix ups and land big combo's.

Which is reassuring cause that's more or less how I've been playing him. (while trying to push them into the corner)

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
Hi gusy, new here. not completly sure on how to write this combo down.
But what I usually do is 122ball,32ball,2 3+4 wich hits for 31% and is loads easier to preform than the 321 dash combos
that kombo is easier. buuut once you get used to his dash cancel in the middle of a kombo. You wouldn't think about using that kombo again

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
Good stuff. Didn't think there was enough time after EX acid ball to get in a dash to the other side and land a hit. Definitely could work if we can make the damage much higher than that of just 321 xx dash.
THANKS BRO. heres another you can check out. its more powerful too!

i like your 44% one. im gonna try it but go invisible instead of dash after the ex force hands and see if i can dash in and continue the combo.

Jobe

Noob
I'm really diggin' reptile man. His mixup game is awesome.
j.1 321 - if it connects follow with elbow nj.1 ball 32 ball 321 slide for 48% no meter
if they block it low than acid hand
if they block it high than either slide or catch them earlier with 32 Back+4

If your having problems "cancelling" the elbow into n.j try holding up right after you do the move and just focus on hitting punch right when you leave the ground. It helped me to get the timing down and now I rarely miss it.