What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Revealed via IGN for Mortal Kombat X

I'm pretty sure that's tounge-in-cheek and he's saying it as a half joke.
Yeah I realized that, but I'm still not enamored by it. The thing I hate about fans that love whatever type of media, is that some of them feel that everyone should like every piece of work that's being shown to the public. And if you disagree, they attempt to prove why you are wrong, while acting sardonic towards you because of it. I'm not saying that's everyone, but there are a lot of people like that. There is such a thing as constructive criticism. The little guy does have a voice too and is entitled to his opinion.

Last edited:

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Just noticed, I'm pretty sure Kung Lao has a new VA.

Nice to see NRS stepping up their game in that regard, because some of the MK9 voices were awful.

BS3OOO

Noob
Lmao at the "I now have a quarrel with you." I laugh at corny things like that. @tylerlansdown I'm sorry for all the negative reactions, since I know you all look forward to them, but I think it would've helped if Reptile was revealed like some of the others. It would've been nice to see his variations.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah I realized that, but I'm still not enamored by it. The thing I hate about fans that love whatever type of media, is that some of them feel that everyone should like every piece of work that's being shown to the public. And if you disagree, they try to disprove why you are wrong, while acting sardonic towards you because of it. I'm not saying that's everyone, but there are a lot of people like that. There is such a thing as constructive criticism. The little guy does have a voice too and is entitled to his opinion.
I don't actually feel that way. I think criticism is fair and can help make future games better.

With that said, I'm just pointing out that perhaps you're missing what they were going for with that little back-and-forth (the ironic humor). If it is what I think it is, it's actually a good sign rather than a bad one.

Ok, coming from an mk9 main of Reptile from day one, here are my thoughts.

First, the underwhelming feeling that some of you are feeling to me comes from the production of the trailer itself. Most of the trailers to this point were done very cinematicaly with fast cuts, close ups, and non game music. This trailer was pulled back at gameplay length with in game music and no cuts.

Secondly, his animations look really solid to me. His stance wasn't amazing but I'll take it over the weird waving about he did in mk9. I do prefer human reptile but I've come to terms with the lizard version and like this one much better than mk9.

His moveset looks AMAZING. I can't wait to see what kind of oki pressure you can set up with forceballs and that acid puddle. Dash combos are back, invisibility, looks like his xray maintains some of the properties of his mk9 version...overall I'm very excited to get my hands on him.

Also the intro quote is incredible...i have no idea how anyone can't get a laugh out of that!

I don't actually feel that way. I think criticism is fair.
Yeah I know, I meant for fans that say things to other fans.

With that said, I'm just pointing out that perhaps you're missing what they were going for with that little back-and-forth (the ironic humor). If it is what I think it is, it's actually a good sign rather than a bad one.
Nah, I realized that when I heard it, it was tounge-in-cheek.

Last edited:
The best thing about this reveal was seeing that KL seems to be retaining a lot of his MK9 moves and play style. The Reptile part .. while it started good, ended too abruptly. Its the first reveal that didn't get me excited.

I blame IGN.

Can't please everyone. That's impossible.
True but people are still entitled to opinion. Most of what I express is a vision of what I would have done were I the director. I know that employees feel the same way at any development studio you go to. If they didn't have the passion or creative input to want to put something in a game, then why are they there?

trufenix

bye felicia
People used to be fucking thankful for shit man. After a three month draught of silence, we're gonna have a grand total of 4 character reveals, 2 trailers, and a live gameplay stream, and people are still calling them lazy cause Reptile only got a 2 minute expose instead of a 3 minute one with all the trimmings. I hope next game has no trailers at all.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
Reptile looks like he'll be a perfect mid-screen character.

Kung Lao sounds like his web series actor. Cool lines for the peaceful warrior.

The acid puddle looks like it's a 'damage over time' while you're in the puddle. With his other tools, it looks like opponents will have to pick the lesser of two evils; chip damage or eat a combo trying to get out.

NRS still owes us 'variations' trailers for 10 characters. People get hyped when they see the different tools that are available for each member of the cast. The first 6 still need them.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
That's bullshit.

He was never portrayed as intelligent, and he's been a lizard man in game longer than he's been a regular human.
Maybe not intelligent but initially he was portraited more like a human than a monster, something like those creatures from V the tv series. But it is true that he has more games being a lizard, that's one of the reasons those games suck imo.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
IMO, it's much better than just bam, lizard disguised as a human.
I don't agree but what can I do, I think now is a lizard and NRS will keep him like that, I guess I have to accept that, which means I dislike him now... and it hurts me ;_;