What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Mileena's not bad. At all. It's either even or barely 5.5-4.5 her (IMO it's even). Same with Freddy. Jax and Kenshi are the only two, aside from Sonya, that I believe is in their favor for sure, but Jax and Kenshi I don't feel are as bad as Sonya.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Mileena's not bad. At all. It's either even or barely 5.5-4.5 her (IMO it's even). Same with Freddy. Jax and Kenshi are the only two, aside from Sonya, that I believe is in their favor for sure, but Jax and Kenshi I don't feel are as bad as Sonya.

Jax?? Really?? He practically has no wakeup game vs Reptile because of dash. D4 into forceball combos dash punch and Reptile can full combo his f4 string after the f4. Its tough for Jax to build meter in this MU imo and once he doesn't have it, ex slowball for the win.

THTB

As long as Jax has meter, Reptile will have troubles putting a projectile on screen due to EX dash punch. This hurts Reptile mainly because Jax already makes it hard to zone him well. Also, Jax's f4 is very fast for a standing low, allowing him to knock Reptile out of d4. Reptile's saving grace is that he ducks the second hit of f413, though. It's not downright bad, but Jax just edges him out.

Rap, I'm surprised you don't think so. Don't you play CDjr a lot at VSM?

RapZiLLa54

As long as Jax has meter, Reptile will have troubles putting a projectile on screen due to EX dash punch. This hurts Reptile mainly because Jax already makes it hard to zone him well. Also, Jax's f4 is very fast for a standing low, allowing him to knock Reptile out of d4. Reptile's saving grace is that he ducks the second hit of f413, though. It's not downright bad, but Jax just edges him out.

Rap, I'm surprised you don't think so. Don't you play CDjr a lot at VSM?
I actually rarely play CD jr. I play his brothers more often.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I can't see Kenshi being bad, I play Pig Of The Hut all of the time, he and I agree it's even. Kenshi has a harder time keeping Reptile out than most characters, but still gets at least three specials out before Reptile gets his turn. Ex fb's are very useful to get in in this mu however, it makes Kenshi play a more cautious zoning game making it easier to get in. The one move that is always a threat in this MU is SC because it blows dash up at the right distance. The up close games are almost even, but slightly in Reptile's favor, because Kenshi's frame traps don't work on him due to dash. However Kenshi's armor helps tremendously as well. As for Jax I can see it in his favor, but I haven't really had enough experience against solid Jax players to really say, so I won't.

THTB

CDjr just has an edge on everyone IMO regardless who he plays.

He should replace Jeter in the Ford commericals. CD jr ?? Guys got an edge (30 seconds in)

Lol, yeah, that's why I only said it's very slight. He made some good points during our discussion of the matchup, but he feels it's worse than what I think it is.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It is, You just have to respect all of Reptile's options when pressuring, and also don't try to projectile battle from full screen.
Cool thanks for the advice. I'm tired of that green lizard!!!! RAGE!!!! ;p

RapZiLLa54

Because I'm really bored at the moment.

7-3 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
6-4 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
6-4 vs Raiden
6-4 vs Rain
5-5 vs Scorpion
6-4 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
3-7 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Because I'm really bored at the moment.

7-3 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
6-4 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
6-4 vs Raiden
6-4 vs Rain
5-5 vs Scorpion
6-4 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
3-7 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero
Why Liu kang 4-6?

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
LK is under rated and his zoning game is much stronger than Reptiles. Hes better away and upclose.
I agree he can out zone him, only if a reptile doesn't get a projectile on screen first that's when its a projectile war. Also if reptile get a knock down his Oki game tears ll to shreds

I dont know though, Reptile has better spacing game than LK because of D4 cancel. And when reptile has ex fb out, its kinda hard for LK to deal with unless he needs to take some risk. Its not bad enough to be 6-4 though.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
tried to rep the rep at snl lag fest today but ultimately lost to nerd's sonya in the finals... ha damn sonya sooo goddamn impossible for rep

Im starting to think sonya is in fact the best character in this game lol, who does she lose against honestly and i dont even think she has a 3-7 or 3.5-6.5

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Im starting to think sonya is in fact the best character in this game lol, who does she lose against honestly and i dont even think she has a 3-7 or 3.5-6.5
Kenshi is the only bad mu I know of lol. I don't think she is the best but I could see top 5 easily, she's too good. I put her behind kabal, kitana and kenshi at least, those are definite top 3 imo.

Kenshi is the only bad mu I know of lol. I don't think she is the best but I could see top 5 easily, she's too good. I put her behind kabal, kitana and kenshi at least, those are definite top 3 imo.
Ive been analyzing sonya/kenshi. It is kenshi adv on PAPER. But realistically, IF kenshi makes 1 mistake sonya can take away 50-60% away when she gets in once. It is it, I mean if she gets in its gonna be like 40%+reset its over.... I mean if you're playing a perfect Kenshi, then technically youll win but who is perfect?

The funny thing is that JC is considered to be the best rush down, turnout that sonya beats JC

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Dont even, Ive been analyzing sonya/kenshi. It is kenshi adv on PAPER. But realistically, IF kenshi makes 1 mistake sonya can take away 50-60% away when she gets in once. It is it, I mean if she gets in its gonna be like 40%+reset its over.... I mean if you playing a perfect Kenshi, then technically youll win but who is perfect?
Getting in is ridiculously hard for sonya man, like most of the cast really. For the most part if kenshi just reacts to what she does once she gets close he just puts her right back out again.

Getting in is ridiculously hard for sonya man, like most of the cast really. For the most part if kenshi just reacts to what she does once she gets close he just puts her right back out again.

After ive seen curbo gotten through zoning, I dont think that a good sonya will have problem getting in even with a good kenshi. Plus with kenshi, you will be pushing in the corner every shoulder charge.

Even if its a bad mu (which I dont think so), i dont even think its worst than .5 differences

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After ive seen curbo gotten through zoning, I dont think that a good sonya will have problem getting in even with a good kenshi. Plus with kenshi, you will be pushing in the corner every shoulder charge.

Even if its a bad mu (which I dont think so), i dont even think its worst than .5 differences
Ask any sonya, kenshi sucks for her, I'm not saying it isn't winnable, because it definitely is. That doesn't mean it still isn't a bad mu.

Ask any sonya, kenshi sucks for her, I'm not saying it isn't winnable, because it definitely is. That doesn't mean it still isn't a bad mu.
Ask any sonya, but you have to take in consideration of when you ask any cage player vs Repile and they said that its a 7-3 mu because of "zoning". But if JC can get through zoning then it would make it an even match up. Same with sonya, just because sonya players dont have enough skill to get in, it doesnt mean its a bad mu.

Ask any JC player and they say that kitana x JC is like 7-3. Curbo showed that its like 5-5