What's new

Reptile - Invisible EX FB BUG/ Full Explanation

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey all. I just released a new Vid for reptile, it focuses on how to control Reptiles' EX invisible FB bug. i shall write the transcript later today(now i am so tired and must go to sleep!!!)

though, if you discovered or have other idea's or bugs,setups,mix ups and OKI's using this bug. Please feel free to post it in here.

-Video Content:
1-Combos
2-Miscs and extra tips on basics
3-New Oki setup in general as well as sole purpose to be OTG
4-Bugs and how to control Reptile's EX invisible FB bug and using it completely for reptiles defense (contains mix ups, strategy, Pressure and oki using combination of regular Reptile EX SFB mix ups and EX FB Bug)

Dont worry full explanation will be in here soon.

Special thanks goes to : ADG_WONDER_CHEF

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Alright so lets cover up this Bug thing. I am actually happy to finally understand it(about 90% of it). I used to see it and happens to me a lot as well, though never bothered to control it and understand it until chef made me aware of how amazing it can be.

dont get excited cause for sure this bug will be removed soon i guess? though, that doesnt mean we can have some fun with the bug before they do so.

The idea of the bug is simple, so far i believe me and chef covered about 90% of fully understanding it. Though i noticed some examples (which i will mention later on) that can switch the understanding of the EX Invisible FB bug. This vid shows couple of Examples of Oki, mix ups..etc Plus the bug and incorporating those Strategies into the bug. Or that use the bug as another way to sustain your mixup and okizeme Game. so read the transcript and if your in need of further explanation please tell me to elaborate more. Enjoy

*PS* I will only talk about the Bug in here , the rest i shall write the transcript in the Video Section.
also lets try to keep Reptile forum in here little bit clean? come on guys, there are a lot of un neccesary topic! lol ...so lets try to put everything in one Pile for cleaner, better look and easier search....right, right?

Bug starts at Min: 3:30

-Understanding the Bug: Please note that me and chef only covered about 85%-90% of the bug!
their are some examples that I YET to understand (very few situations though)

1- Reptile basic Bug explanation:

The bug is activated when opponent Blocks EX FB in close only! you dont need to fully charge it as well as you can either use Fast or Slow EX FB's. Regular fast and Slow FB doesnt work at all, so dont bother yourself. as soon as it's blocked, the bug is activated of course, though opponent has to enter a certain distance for the Invisible FB hit to occur. The area is were Reptile preformed the EX FB.Yes it's a weird distance, dont forget that EX FB push's opponent back slightly. So for it to hit , then opponent must zone in the area were you preformed the EX FB Initially. Imagine the bug as if there's an EX FB Permanently in it's place, however this time it's invisible. It catches opponent when they jump on it as well as Interrupts plenty of stuff.

The key in here is how to use this into Reptile's Favor. First off as of basic; lets talk about how to make EX Invisible FB bug safer than ever. EX FB is safe due to the push back it preforms, though some moves can punish Reptile if reptile tried to follow up mash with something quick (that if EX FB done really close), as well as if done really close then in general it can be punished (EG.Kung EX spin). In that case, you just wasted the bug.
The idea of the bug is, if you got hit then the bug will be canceled! as long as your not touched, the Bug will be permanently active even on when you succesfully block *

* please note: that it happened to me sometimes were i did get hit, though the Location of the EX invisible bug was completely uncontrollable. By means, it wasnt in its usual place! as if it moved

A)cr+4~ EX FB.
Puts you in perfect far away distance as well as bug connects. The great part about this set up is , you can execute a perfect EX ED, which cannot be Interrupted by pokes or X ray due to the fact that there's an Invisible EX FB as well as the distance. Though it happened to me sometimes were X ray caught my second hit, but as soon as it was done, the EX FB broke the x ray (yup, funny indeed). You can try it out as well, i did it against Kung,and noob .
To get back to the subject, cr+4~ EX FB puts you in a good zone were you can preform multiple mix ups! if opponent tried to do something funny, you can simply catch them with (EX ED, regular ED or even Target combos). the reaosn for those is, they help in sustaining the bug. as long as your safe, you can use this bug as anti wake up Okizeme. hence Dash's are very usefull

B) After Target combos : 1,2,2 or 3,2,1 when blocked.
So another way to keep preforming Pressure guard and and continuing the flow of mix up is, chaining your EX invisible FB bug with Reptile's combos. 1,2,2 put you in a perfect zone safely.

Dont forget that when you preform any of those chains, you have to let opponent walk in the Area were you preformed the bug! 1,2,2 and 3,2,1 pushes opponent further back. in that case, opponent must then walk to the area were Reptile was when he excuted the EX FB.
Again to perfectly force them to reach your area is by Elbow dash (whether EX or regular). If opponent is aware of the bug, they can simply teleport or retreat! though as long as your not hit, the bug is STILL ACTIVE 100%.
Please note that this bug is ALSO DEADLY against some chars, ESPECIALLY when they are cornered. Simply you become something like subzero in corner with 2,2's and clone, but instead, you will immitate subzero using Hidden EX FB and perfect zoning (with dash's, Regular FB, Acid hands or even TC's)

C) Pressure with EX DASH + follow up.

the EX dash if block can pressure opponent as if there's a moving EX SFB with you. Though this might be a little bit character specific! jade is thinner than the ninja's, forcing reptile to use other stuff after EX dash to continue the pressure.
Though , sizes or not, EX ED block can put opponent right were the BUG area is somehow. a simple cr+3 can push opponent to trigger the bug!
In that case, cr+3~ acid can be a safe mix up were opponent is forced to guard due to the existance of the Invisible ball or else he or she might be launched in the air. Conclusion: EX DASH into cr+3 ~ acid is a complete mix up of guard pressure (LOW, HIGH AND MED!)

2- Example of the BUG against Sektor. Using the screen to manupilate and force the EX FB to hit opponent (whether escaped, blocked or hit).

Another way to preform this trick is to force opponent to wake up on this bug due to the screen movement. If bug is done successfully, and opponent got hit by something as simple as an Elbow dash. You can quickly 2x dash the other side to move the screen. If opponent tried to roll forward , then he well be caught in the EX FB. If opponent tried to wake up normally without blocking, then he will be hit by the EX FB as well. It can be also anti wake up with complete safety.

3- Incorporating some of the OKI set up that leads to Bug setup. Example 1:
Jump in P, 3,2,1~ Dash/ (other side)/ NJP, 3,2~ FB, 3,2,1~ EX SFB (whiff) (opponent on ground). Preform Okizeme , Dash in with ED, cr+3 (anti play dead/OTG) / Jump P, cr+4~ EX FB (BUG OCCURED)

The sole purpose is to keep opponent Pressure guard severely! it seriously does Mind F* them. full control, Damage, as well as keeping opponent guessing. You can use it after ANY KIND of Okizeme or mix up pressure, any of what you desire. the example here is just showing the new idea i posted about Anti play dead/ Anti air Okizeme. As well as adds EX FB bug for sustained Pressure and mix up games.

4-Un identifiable example: Jump in P, 3,2,1~ Dash/ (other side)/ NJP, 3,2~ FB, 3,2,1~ EX SFB (whiff) (opponent on ground). Preform Okizeme , Dash in with ED, cr+3/ Jump changing side with P,, cr+4~ EX Forceball (Bug connect)

The bug changes side when you change side? i dont know whats the explanation for this, though i did a combo and due to the fact that i jumped and changed sides, the Bug EX invisible FB had changed it nature place. the bug connects though this time, it's on the other side. I did an Improved Acid spit after to push opponent down and show you that the bug is on the other side.

if you noticed, Scorpion broke the Acid spit animation due to the EX FB bug. this bug can also relaunch opponent in the air concurring another weird animated bug if the EX invisible FB not block!
so by means, it's another bug within a bug like the wall example in the vid.

5-Same as Example (C): Bug occurs. Block EX Dash can lead to a safe Pressure guard of cr+3~ acid hands.

Concluding a mix up of Low, Mid and high. This is just a sample to show what you can do with the bug! whether combo-ing after, or pressuring after or as simple as guard for complete advantage.

6-Using the EX invisible FB bug to preform a combo. as well as adding EX invisibility for more mix ups + finishing the combo with EX SFB.

Another example of using the bug for your Oki mix ups. This time, due to the Invisible FB bug, you can add Improved Invisibility which lead to even more mix ups if the bug connected.

7-Wall bug. CPU or even opponent will be stuck in place! opponent must be hit or they jump to clear this Anti movement bug.

Check the vid to see this bug! basically after acid step, simple cross over opponent twice and then try to move em. you will notice that you wont! they themselves cannot move either forward or backward. to break this state, you must hit opponent, or opponent jump off this situation to any direction.

Thanks for reading and hope this vid was useful. Have a good day everyone

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Not exactly overpowered, THTB. i think it's ofcourse a dum bug and it should be removed immediately! though, it's not as dangerous like for example...Kabal's infinite.

This bug is a 50/50 chance for the mix up to work! unlike kabal's infinite(or wut it used to be). not only that, it's hard to pull on some chars! someone like Kitana and Kabal, it's completely pointless sometimes to waste your EX meter in that case.

dont forget, a simple hit will break the bug! some chars you wont even waste something like that on them at all!

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The ex force ball hitbox will ALWAYS be positioned exactly in the middle of the stage after the bug is performed (as far as I've tested, it never seemed to move). I've been fucking around with this for a while now and used it in matches at Valley Stream. I actually posted a video of it a while ago but it was moved to the bug reporting section.

Once the ex ball is blocked up close a mid screen hitbox will appear (invisible). If you use another force ball of the same speed, regardless if it's ex or not the hitbox will go away. Nothing else will make it go away besides if the opponent blocks it or gets hit by it. It will last even until the next round.

The vids are in here. http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5829-Reptiles-force-ball-glitch-working-every-time-without-tag.&highlight=

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
And tone down the dash while they're at it ^ lol...just a tad, I know they nerfed his dash but he's just so annoying to face with those dashes, I've found the best way to deal with Rep is to keep him away lol. But any rate, thanks for the explanation and vid.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
And tone down the dash while they're at it ^ lol...just a tad, I know they nerfed his dash but he's just so annoying to face with those dashes, I've found the best way to deal with Rep is to keep him away lol. But any rate, thanks for the explanation and vid.
I'm not trying to bring up the whole online thing, but yeah...online. It's bad. Dash is abused as hell online due to the fact that Reptile cannot be fully utilized online. It's like Raiden's teleport sweep/throw/jail strings. You can punish the dash however, but you have to actually find a game with minimal lag. For Ermac, just block it, then immediately follow it with a slam. By this statement, I'm making no attempts to be rude, but why the hell don't you play this game locally man? I'd be all over the east coast scene if I had the option.

There's no friggin' scene where I live, I have to resort to shitty ass online if I want to play someone, I cannot express with words alone how infuriating that is. It's to the point where I'm considering not playing the game, until I can either A) find a friggin' local scene or B) move. It's THAT bad online.

The bug needs to be removed, but if they change one more thing with this game, without fixing the piss ass worthless trainer then I'm throwing it in the trash.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I hear ya. Online as with all games are bs more times then now and yeah I've noticed on decent or good connections, you can actually punish almost as if you're offline but most of the time can't with remote lag or delay so I've noticed....I have tried that tons of times it never works my foe is always safe(except for one guy where I have time to throw or TKS him on a blocked dash) but it's no doubt the online...

So where do you live dude? I see you use Reptile and Sektor huh? Interesting dual, I use Sektor as well.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, I hear ya. Online as with all games are bs more times then now and yeah I've noticed on decent or good connections, you can actually punish almost as if you're offline but most of the time can't with remote lag or delay so I've noticed....I have tried that tons of times it never works my foe is always safe(except for one guy where I have time to throw or TKS him on a blocked dash) but it's no doubt the online...

So where do you live dude? I see you use Reptile and Sektor huh? Interesting dual, I use Sektor as well.
I'm over in NC, 'bout two hours from Charlotte - which I'd imagine has a local scene but even two hours away is inconvient. It sucks, but what can ya do? I just can't get anything out of online except extremely basic matchup experience but even then...I don't expect 60% of that matchup experience to transfer to offline.

It really sucks how we have no means to properly test this game. So much potential will continue to be untapped without it, I don't know what more can be discovered at this point. NRS need to step up to this and address it if they want to see this game have a future. Bad trainer = dead game.