What's new

Move List - Reptile Reptile Frame Data

so if a jip is 0 (if I read it right) does that mean I'm going to have to deal with people poking immediately after a jip attempt like injustice?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
so if a jip is 0 (if I read it right) does that mean I'm going to have to deal with people poking immediately after a jip attempt like injustice?
no i haven't had that problem unless you do something really slow, i'll test with armor for sure to let you know tho.

Zyphox

no i haven't had that problem unless you do something really slow, i'll test with armor for sure to let you know tho.
just to respond to my self, even with armor most jump in punch into and normal is uninterruptable.

Zyphox

Most? So it's still a thing then? Can I trust the frme data on it then?
not quite, like if you try to do jip and a very slow move you might be able to interrupt, i haven't tested everyone that would take up more time than i have.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No you have to take cancel advantage into consideration if I'm not mistaken.

Just saw the data...nvm. idk lol.

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
not quite, like if you try to do jip and a very slow move you might be able to interrupt, i haven't tested everyone that would take up more time than i have.
No you have to take cancel advantage into consideration if I'm not mistaken.

Just saw the data...nvm. idk lol.
The frame data is SUPER wrong at this point, as I have said in 15 other character threads... JIPs are about +10 on block across the board.

Also Reptile is strong as fuck in this game. The meta of run cancels and and his force balls stopping runs is HUGE.

Also he has a safe armored combo starter...

Lets put it this way, I have left Kenshi/Liu Kang for Reptile. I am going to lab out with him pretty hard today and post the highest damage combos I can find.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
The frame data is SUPER wrong at this point, as I have said in 15 other character threads... JIPs are about +10 on block across the board.

Also Reptile is strong as fuck in this game. The meta of run cancels and and his force balls stopping runs is HUGE.

Also he has a safe armored combo starter...

Lets put it this way, I have left Kenshi/Liu Kang for Reptile. I am going to lab out with him pretty hard today and post the highest damage combos I can find.
I can't tell by looking at the frame data, which move is safe, armored, and is a combo starter?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I can't tell by looking at the frame data, which move is safe, armored, and is a combo starter?
Probably EX Overhead Claw, but I didn't see anything in the special category that was even remotely safe.

Fractured_Shadow

DB2. It is 7 frames and a mid.

Also your blocking has to be on point vs Reptile or you have to block high a bunch because his main string is F412 which is an 8 frame mid overhead mid.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
DB2. It is 7 frames and a mid.

Also your blocking has to be on point vs Reptile or you have to block high a bunch because his main string is F412 which is an 8 frame mid overhead mid.
is the data correct in showing db2 is -10 on block (-9 if you use EX version)? that wouldn't be safe against most of the cast unless I'm missing something here...unless it pushes back a lot on block making punishes not be in range?

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

is the data correct in showing db2 is -10 on block (-9 if you use EX version)? that wouldn't be safe against most of the cast unless I'm missing something here...unless it pushes back a lot on block making punishes not be in range?
No, you are correct. It has pushback but not much. The thing is 90% of the cast does not have a 5-8 frame move that can do any real damage. Plus you have to take into consideration the how long to process the move in your brain. On a read it is punishable... but if you are not looking for it then good luck.