What's new

Region lock

Due to the small amount of players in the Aus/asia zone i get a lot of games with >200ms connections
This^

See, because most players (esp. for NRS fighting games) are from North America, most of the opinions regarding the net-code of the applicable games are refracted through a U.S. prism. Anyone outside of the U.S. who is trying to play NRS games online, might as well be in Outworld, trying to play Earthrealmers: a whole different world than what yankee doodles experience... >echo chambers™

Immortal

Blind justice....
You're beyond dumb, im sorry but there is no other way to say it.

NRS games since MK XL use GGPO netcode, which is the best way to do multiplayer in fighting games till date.

With GGPO decent gameplay is possible till around 220ms, which means its great in like all EU countries, USA and Canada and between those countries / across continents to some degree.

So unless you live in Antarctica its actually pretty good or even great.

So to summarize - you're a dumb scrub who whines about things you have no idea just to shit on NRS games for no good reason. Your opinions are mostly made up and nobody sane should take you seriously. Begone.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
This^

See, because most players (esp. for NRS fighting games) are from North America, most of the opinions regarding the net-code of the applicable games are refracted through a U.S. prism. Anyone outside of the U.S. who is trying to play NRS games online, might as well be in Outworld, trying to play Earthrealmers: a whole different world than what yankee doodles experience... >echo chambers™
That is literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Are you sure your internet doesn't just suck?

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Anyone outside of the U.S. who is trying to play NRS games online, might as well be in Outworld
You couldn't be more wrong.

We're doing just fine here in South America. The new GGPO-like netcode is s blessing and it provides a WAY better experience than most other popular fighting games (SFV, T7 and don't even get me started on DBFZ).

I'm sorry you have no local scene or friends to play with, but there's no netcode out there who can fix that. NRS' current netcode is amazing and I do feel bad you can't experience it.

And stop acting like a douche.

If you read the entire post you will note I said that even with >200ms ping that most games are good.

If you're anywhere that's not the US/EU, that's when you have problems with smaller player bases and higher pings. And even so, the games still play well enough so long as you're not expecting the equivalent of 0ms local play.

So you're either expecting too much, or as others have noted, your internet isn't up to scratch.

The fact is NRS netcode is up there with the best. I used to play West coast US players in SF4 (without rollback netcode i believe) and was annoyed when I couldn't play anyone past NZ in MK9. Since the rollback code was added to MKXL even >250ms (eastcoast US) games are more than playable.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
After going back and playing mk9 online the past couple days.. I forgot how terrible the mk9 netcode was. The mkx netcode update was a fucking godsend.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
After going back and playing mk9 online the past couple days.. I forgot how terrible the mk9 netcode was. The mkx netcode update was a fucking godsend.
It literally took me days/weeks to learn how to perform offline combos online because of all the input delay. I pretty much had to get used to performing them with my eyes closed, so I could dissociate my inputs from what I was seeing on my screen.

Xelz

Go over there!
People over here have been indoctrinated out of ignorance to bring in the hate for WiFI like if their "wired" connection from Alaska isn't shit. I have both setups WiFi and Wired and there is no notable difference. The most important aspect in your connection is your ISP internet structure (fiber optics, DSL or cable) their routing, your bandwidth, and in P2p the distance from whomever you are connected to. WiFi or wired connection won't make much of a difference because that is the last part of the connection if the middle part of the connection is garbage your connection will suck. Doesn't matter if you are wireless or wired. This wifi hate started a while back with some rant from pig of the hut who doesn't know shit about networks and it sickens me how people are soo stupid to just repeat what they hear. Sheeple.
^This. I do play wired with my consoles, and all my fighting games are on consoles, but my gaming PC is on WiFi and has very little additional latency. Due to my PC being on a different floor and down a bending hallway from my router, I had to daisy chain it through two extra hubs in a mesh network to get a solid signal to the router. I used PingPlotter to measure latency and packet loss, which gives readings for every hop. The total impact of this convoluted system in a near worst-case WiFi scenario? A whopping 5ms of additional latency and 0% packet loss.

If a WiFi player's latency is bad, either their internet has issues or they didn’t properly set up their WiFi network.