What's new

General/Other Red or Blue??? Skarlet or Kitana???

Who is higher on the tier list?

• Total voters

SLy

Noob
Of course Kitana is better. If I had to guess, Mr. Mileena probably lost 1 time to Skarlet in an online match and suddenly went emo.
Im mindfucked.. What does this have to do with anything?

Honestly its 50/50 now that I think about it. Skarlet has better tools so on paper she is better. But Kitana pulls off better results in tournaments right now. So it depends on how you look at it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
bro, i don't consider these pokes lol, but these are her good footsie tools.
Skarlet has equal options too.

But i'm not in the mood to theory this and that, i don't do this in first place, i prefer to stand up from facts of stuff already done and proven in battle than actually theory what each character can possibly do in a match against other ^^

thanks for the explanation though, it was good to know ^^
They're counterpoking tools, which was what I was talking about. Not as in punishments to pokes, but making them whiff.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
IMO Skarlet is higher than Kitana. No, I'm not downplaying, I'm just being realistic. Skarlet has speed, armor, mixups, blockstring pressure, a teleport, and standing resets on her side. You don't want to jump at either of them, and they both do a good amount of damage. Kitana beats Skarlet in the range department, but aside from that, I don't see how Kitana is the better character.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
..........those are the only differences?

I need to find this Skarlet player who's going to d4~ms me to death.
You must never have been d4 slided

Skarlet is definitely the better character, but Kitana is a lot easier to use, more so than a vast majority of the cast, not just Skarlet. Whereas Skarlet is one of the hardest and least played, if Skarlett had equal number of time and players put on her, this wouldn't be a question

You must never have been d4 slided

Skarlet is definitely the better character, but Kitana is a lot easier to use, more so than a vast majority of the cast, not just Skarlet. Whereas Skarlet is one of the hardest and least played, if Skarlett had equal number of time and players put on her, this wouldn't be a question
^ this

what are the daggers used for exactly? is it like ermacs air move? I compare them as moves you perform airborne, instant air fireballs are better air moves imo.

her normals are okay, but nothing like the normals you would expect from a top 8 character, its nothing like kitana, kung lao, liu kang, cage, kabal, kenshi normals. maybe its the way I play but normals are the moves I look for first when I pick up a character.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Skarlet pressure is good as feck, until you've been locked down with ex dagger pressure, ye just don't get the bloody bitch.

Super armor, great pressure, solid mixups, good anti-zoning (teleport), quick as sheet projectile, etcetera.

Kitana's best tool is that people still don't neutral crouch cutter, lbsh. Ok it's 2,1 whiff punish of the gods. :p

Pass the Tampax.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
what are the daggers used for exactly? is it like ermacs air move? I compare them as moves you perform airborne, instant air fireballs are better air moves imo.

her normals are okay, but nothing like the normals you would expect from a top 8 character, its nothing like kitana, kung lao, liu kang, cage, kabal, kenshi normals. maybe its the way I play but normals are the moves I look for first when I pick up a character.
No its not like ermac's air moves

Skarlet air daggers are not like any other air projectile in the game, even if it is used to work the same way, it turns itself in something different depending of how its used.

It can be used as pokes to prevent machinegun zoning on hit, can be used to bait jump ins, the dagger itself is a poke that allows a free blockstring in considerable distance, its used to counter poke or as anti-AA tools, or simply to build meter from time to time.

Even tho, skarlet dagger is another tool that on hit allows her to get in.

normals, lets see:
6f d1
7f d3 that lowers her hitbox significantly low
10f starter string that can lead to full combos
12 starter
12f d4 with regular advantage
13f fast mid that dodges high attacks, even 7f startup goes over it, and the normal itself has more range or even better than some characters in top 10

Skarlet normals are perfectly fine like any top 8 character, and also they're designed to pressure, she is a character that attacks while she dodges, unless your character doesn't have a fast mid i don't see why would i worry.

go read the skarlet guide, it is well written and explain what her tools were builded for.

No its not like ermac's air moves

Skarlet air daggers are not like any other air projectile in the game, even if it is used to work the same way, it turns itself in something different depending of how its used.

It can be used as pokes to prevent machinegun zoning on hit, can be used to bait jump ins, the dagger itself is a poke that allows a free blockstring in considerable distance, its used to counter poke or as anti-AA tools, or simply to build meter from time to time.

Even tho, skarlet dagger is another tool that on hit allows her to get in.

normals, lets see:
6f d1
7f d3 that lowers her hitbox significantly low
10f starter string that can lead to full combos
12 starter
12f d4 with regular advantage
13f fast mid that dodges high attacks, even 7f startup goes over it, and the normal itself has more range or even better than some characters in top 10

Skarlet normals are perfectly fine like any top 8 character, and also they're designed to pressure, she is a character that attacks while she dodges, unless your character doesn't have a fast mid i don't see why would i worry.

go read the skarlet guide, it is well written and explain what her tools were builded for.
thanks for the info about the daggers.

pokes arent really normals, a 12f d4 with good advantage a 7 frame d3 and a 6 frame d1 is the usual norm and is expected of most characters to have especially top 10 characters unless they have something else to compensate for it, d3 lowering her hitbox is really good though.

also forgot to mention that her anti air is pretty mediocre as well compared to any other top 10 character. none of those normals are below 10 frames, the characters I mentioned all have a move below 10 frames and have ridiculous properties like cage f3(mid) b3 maybe best whiff punish move and one of the best anti air at the same time standing 1 can be +3 on block if you do the whole string is great anti air and can be used to interrupt a lot of stuff in some matchups, kabalf4, f32 advances forward, standing 4, 11frame sweep, standing 2, kung lao 21 at 7 frames, f3 roll to get in. kitana doesnt has normals below 10 frames as well but f21 is one of the best whiff punish moves and her 21 is probably top 3 best normals in the game. liu kang has 9 frame and 8 frame standing jabs, the 8 frame jab is a crazy anti air also for crossups and is a safe starter, b3 is a safe starter that hits low and can be used to punish pokes.

skarlet has good normals but you really can't compare her normals to any of these characters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dude, if you see my previous posts you will see i don't care about what you guys are trying to prove here, skarlet is a top 10 character with excelent tools that need to know how to use them well.

Nothing of what you said or what is been saying isn't unknown, so as skarlet air game being inconsistent, this is the reason ppl jump on skarlet in first place.

Do not underestimate skarlet tools, this is the terrible mistake everyone is been committing to, then when they lose to these same tools the scapegoat is always the same "i dunno this MU that well"

Dude, if you see my previous posts you will see i don't care about what you guys are trying to prove here, skarlet is a top 10 character with excelent tools that need to know how to use them well.

Nothing of what you said or what is been saying isn't unknown, so as skarlet air game being inconsistent, this is the reason ppl jump on skarlet in first place.

Do not underestimate skarlet tools, this is the terrible mistake everyone is been committing to, then when they lose to these same tools the scapegoat is always the same "i dunno this MU that well"
I was only talking about her normals....I didnt really mention anything else.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Both are top 10 but skarlet has no worse matchups than 6-4.
But we can combine the two into Kitlet or Skartana

Skarlet's worst matchup is Kabal at 6-4
Kitana gets blown away by Kenshi

Of course Kitana is better. If I had to guess, Mr. Mileena probably lost 1 time to Skarlet in an online match and suddenly went emo.
Stop being a little bitch 24/7 and for once be serious. If you are going to be a jackass all the time, don't even post. We're trying to discuss with the community, not state anything 100%

It's people like you who kill these discussions. There are other ways to state you don't care about this.
Be constructive for once, seriously.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I prefer red b/c you can start with Charmander.

And I prefer Kitana b/c... she's the princess. (And has a better ass)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Stop being a little bitch 24/7 and for once be serious. If you are going to be a jackass all the time, don't even post. We're trying to discuss with the community, not state anything 100%

It's people like you who kill these discussions. There are other ways to state you don't care about this.
Be constructive for once, seriously.
lmfao now i know that's definitely what happened.

Both are top 10 but skarlet has no worse matchups than 6-4.
But we can combine the two into Kitlet or Skartana

Skarlet's worst matchup is Kabal at 6-4
Kitana gets blown away by Kenshi
I agree. Kitana has more bad MU's than Skarlet, and like you said, Kenshi just rapes her.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Comparing on paper
Kitana has a 10 frame combo starter with meter
Skarlet 10 frame combo starter with meter.
K=S
Kitana gets a safe jump with out meter
Skarlet gets a safe jump with meter
K>S
D1 :p
K>S
Kitana jump kick fan 35+
Skarlet jump kick dagger 35+
K=S
Armor
S>k
Kitana 11 frame combo starter no meter