What's new

[Reboot] Final Patch Mortal Kombat 9 Petition

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Except most of us have never trashed the man, ever. He had nearly 1000 people backing him on this petition before it was closed, a lot of whom probably never said 2 words to him before the fact.

Nothing against you at all, man, but generalized statements like that should probably be avoided. As long as you're referring to the petition signers, anyway.
What I'm referring to is Digi's situation in general not just this newest bit of drama.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
I never said he trashed the community, I said he trashed the game, which he had a right to do and I agreed with him...MK9 in it's current state is terrible. He honest to god never said anything bad about the community until the community started thrashing him for talking trash about the game. The community made this situation what it is, it was all retaliation on his end. This retaliation imo is a little too much, but it's still just a reaction to the way you all talk to him.
he has a right to trash MK? then why even bother with the petition..go play a diff game....the community wants MK to stay alive and any little hope of that happening brings the community together. Then he pulled it and now look what happened.

Sasuga

Noob
Also, you didn't do it for the community, You didn't do it for the game: you did it to get respect. Otherwise you would hav STUCK with what you intended for it. YOU are the selfish one.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
he has a right to trash MK? then why even bother with the petition..go play a diff game....the community wants MK to stay alive and any little hope of that happening brings the community together. Then he pulled it and now look what happened.
SO you have the right to your opinion to call Digimon a cancer to the community, but he has no right to say that MK9 is a bad game that needs help? Hmmmmmm. He's stated on multiple occasions that he love the game, but that is just isn't good in it's current state and wants it fixed, which is why when I mentioned the possible patch to him the other day he immediately made this petition and pulled together 800 signatures for it in a very short amount of time. Someone popped off and this is what the result was in the end.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
And I simply believe that the disrespect is bigger than that petition. You guys look at one thread. Try going back YEARS of disrespect, belittlement of my efforts, and down playing me as a player.

I think it's NOW laughable, that you folks believe a petition is more important than someone being disrespected trying to do something nice FOR YOU!

You need to get over yourselves.

But you know what, like it's been said in the thread: it's a new petition (well copy and paste one. and I honestly want it taken down and someone make a new one from scratch. that is my work, that is NOW undeserving), and has nothing to do with me (probably wouldn't be one if it wasn't for me LBSH).

I got a ton of messages of people demanding I explain myself. I did. I'm though with this situation (unless someone says something about me I don't like). Because until the day I am banned (for whatever reason), I'm going to defend myself. It's clear there's very few people who will.
Honestly talking about the situation is making me side with you more and more now. I think I'm done talking about this anyways. I just want MK9 patched I don't care how it gets done as unlikely as it is that it ever will.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Ok the problem is this, there is NO WILL with the ones that matter therefor there is NO WAY this will happen in any shape or form

Everyone take my hint

Unless the MKC makes a huge stride and rallies up thousands upon thousands of MK fans, I just don't see it either.

If none of petition front runners do this rallying, this petition alone won't net 20,000 people in a good amount of time in my honest opinion. It's less about a select few, it's more about just plain flat out numbers.

It's possible though, go for it if you really believe in it guys.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
SO you have the right to your opinion to call Digimon a cancer to the community, but he has no right to say that MK9 is a bad game that needs help? Hmmmmmm. He's stated on multiple occasions that he love the game, but that is just isn't good in it's current state and wants it fixed, which is why when I mentioned the possible patch to him the other day he immediately made this petition and pulled together 800 signatures for it in a very short amount of time. Someone popped off and this is what the result was in the end.
We can agree to disagree...Digi is wrong 100% not the community having an opinion about it. And im done with this.

webreg

Noob
Repost from another thread:

It is rumored to cost about 40'000$ to re-certify a game if you release a patch. This is only the certification cost you pay to Microsoft. The work, in house testing and obviously the costs for PS3 and the PC game not included. I would estimate it would cost them at least 100'000$ to make a substantial patch for MK9 at this point with all expenses added up. Why the hell should they throw away money if they don't see any way to make it back? Yes, it is really that simple and the reason why Capcom combines their patches with a few new characters and sells it as a new boxed product or DLC. It's also the reason why NRS now bundles their updates with their DLC releases. No MK9 DLC = no patch. It's not that hard to understand.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Unless the MKC makes a huge stride and rallies up thousands upon thousands of MK fans, I just don't see it either.

If none of petition front runners do this rallying, this petition alone won't net 20,000 people in a good amount of time in my honest opinion. It's less about a select few, it's more about just plain flat out numbers.

It's possible though, go for it if you really believe in it guys.
What people fail to understand, not you but others, the amount of workforce that will have to go in to testing these changes.

-Who decides the changes?
-Will the community like the changes and approve them?
-Do people understand they would have SIX DIFFERENT versions/formats to test for this patch?
-Halting all future NRS products being made for current and future games for a 2.5 year old game where 200-300 people want a patch

Ill stop here, guys this just IS NOT HAPPENING

AntMan

Banned
People assume money is the problem with patching. lol.

It's time combined with lack of demand, mi amigos. You think they are going to waste so much of their time patching an old game over doing anything for Injustice or working on future titles simply because 1000 people signed a petition? The casuals have received what they expected from their game, and have moved on. Meanwhile, tournament players--the ones who preach for a patch--have fallen drastically in turnout numbers, in favor of Injustice, despite the constant bashing. It may have been a hype tournament, but even EVO numbers were pathetic for MK9, and everything leading up to that point was even worse.

"Oh, but, you idiot! The reason turnout is bad is BECAUSE it's unpatched!" Yeah, well, you all sure are showing you still have passion for the game by pretty much relegating it into a side tourney every major it appears in! See, SF4 is constantly updated because of how huge its scene is. Its turnout is not only never decreasing, but it has ridiculous international appeal.

NRS would love to please all of you, but combined with what I mentioned above, you must also remember that they are a subsidiary of a larger company, and, as such, have restrictions on what they can and cannot do.

Case in point, *Spits on your hopes and dreams*

Meanwhile, please take the time to sign a petition that matters:
https://www.change.org/petitions/earth-stop-shao-kahn

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
God the drama never ends around here LOL
Like PIG said...to old of a game...
Id say bring MK10 out and let ShitJustice die, that game never should have come out :p

Goldi

Noob
Lets try to keep tensions calm. I'm into the legend of the patch (whether it comes to be or not doesn't really matter to me lol I'm still having fun as is) it's bringing us new members and more attention for MK from spreading it around. So there's that.

Digi, I'm sad though. I'm like the nicest person on the Internet. I'm not sure what I did. I'm certain I get just as much hate as you if not more.

But for every 5 trolls or so, there's at least one sweetheart in the community. It's an unbalanced ratio, yea, but you just focus on the people worth being focused on and keep doing your thing. That advice is for everyone. <3

187x

Noob
Only 364 supporters..please guys don't let this die. We need 20000 signatures before Injustice is finished.
Digi had 800 sigs and counting. way to fuk it up digimon. And he planned this to try to get back on the community for what ever reasson. When he close the petition he made his twitter/tym private etc. didnt digimon bash and shittalk mk for years?. Grow up AU_IM_DIGIMON

I dont think he should be banned from tym. But that was a good troll/prank. And now hes clearly the most hated person I think that was His goal

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Lets try to keep tensions calm. I'm into the legend of the patch (whether it comes to be or not doesn't really matter to me lol I'm still having fun as is) it's bringing us new members and more attention for MK from spreading it around. So there's that.

Digi, I'm sad though. I'm like the nicest person on the Internet. I'm not sure what I did. I'm certain I get just as much hate as you if not more.

But for every 5 trolls or so, there's at least one sweetheart in the community. It's an unbalanced ratio, yea, but you just focus on the people worth being focused on and keep doing your thing. That advice is for everyone. <3
I'm the sweetheart your talking about. I know it cause your avatar was looking right at me when you said that.

E

Eldriken

Signed again and I'll explain why I signed it again: The same damn reason I signed it last time. This is a win/win situation for both players and NRS alike. This will help keep the game alive and there is simply NO reason for this not to happen.

That daunting $40,000 certification fee that Microsoft had before is no longer around. That was the massive hump that stopped a lot and I mean A LOT of developers from ever fixing their game. That's a lot of money to shell out for a patch, no matter how you slice it. Especially if you're going to be releasing patches quite a bit throughout the duration of your game.

Since this hurdle has been completely eliminated, all that is required now is proper fan feedback and the man hours (this would likely be the most "difficult" part) to get this done.

LET IT HAPPEN, NRS. SHOW US WHY YOU'RE AN AWESOME DEVELOPER.