What's new

[Reboot] Final Patch Mortal Kombat 9 Petition

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Whos idea was to let digi be responsible for the first one?
Smh

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Understandable comment. I thought for once, Digi and I were on the same page with something for once. Call it an optimistic approach... failed, of course.

Regardless, signed this new one.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Eh, I still like Digi, though. He never had to make the petition to begin with. It's not like anyone esle was going to make one. He might have some major mood swings, but I think his intentions were good. But enough about that, lets focus on the petition at hand. Need more signatures!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lets just ban kabal and cyrax from all tourneys. I lose one of my mains but if there is no patch than at least tourney players have a better time going to one than watching it get dominated by one of the broken characters. And if you are so salty about kenshi then either pick up jade or figure something out yourself.
So that everyone can get mopped up by Freddy and Sonya instead? GG champ.

ColeTrain

Never been to a tournament. Stuck in NY
So that everyone can get mopped up by Freddy and Sonya instead? GG champ.
What's wrong with reptile, raiden, sektor, scorpion, Lao, liu, etc.? They may not scream top tier but that's because the pros still playing MK favor a specific list, that doesn't mean Sonya or Freddy will blow away all competition, it's a persons skill that takes a game not the characters attributes. That being said I don't expect to see a Stryker, Sheeva, or Kano taking a tourney anytime soon.

We don't even know exactly what happened with Digi though. I like how everyone is assuming stuff like they know the situation. smh
regardless of what happened with him, closing the petition after we had gotten it that far was just unnecessary. unless he wanted 95% of the community to instantly think he's a retard (again), there was no good reason to do that, especially without even letting anyone know wat da f0k he was upset about.

ColeTrain

Keep bumping this thread if it needs it, I believe gamerblake posted it to front page but any advertisement of those petition is helpful.

STRYKIE

What's wrong with reptile, raiden, sektor, scorpion, Lao, liu, etc.? They may not scream top tier but that's because the pros still playing MK favor a specific list, that doesn't mean Sonya or Freddy will blow away all competition, it's a persons skill that takes a game not the characters attributes. That being said I don't expect to see a Stryker, Sheeva, or Kano taking a tourney anytime soon.
Everybody refused to acknowledge how good Kabal was until after the last patch, and all of the proof was in the pudding before the EVO 2011, even the flash parry. I don't see any reason that suggests people won't embrace this attitude with the next patch if it happens. I don't know why you have Scorpion in the same sentence as Liu Kang, Raiden and Reptile either.

Also DJT is a prime example of the player > character argument, his patience and footsies are renown regardless of the character he uses. Right now he's only using a fraction of Cyrax's dirt.

And Kenshi, dont forget that bastard.
I mentioned Freddy specifically because he already does what Kenshi does without meter lol. I guess it's just something we take for granted since CD and M2Dave have only been to a handful of tournaments since his frame data was posted while Pig has been in top 8s all along.

Or it could just be that, Jade players aren't bitter about him since she can flash some of Freddy's stuff. :rolleyes:

ColeTrain

Those characters are in the same sentence because they can all do exactly what the others do. Their frame data may not be as superior as others, and their mix up may not include lows like liu kangs. But they are just as deadly in the right hands. The only reason kabal and cyrax and so focused upon is because of kabals infinite pressure and cyrax's resets for your entire health bar. Take those factors from those two characters and watch them dwindle down the tier list. Yes their frame data is still nice and kabals iagb is the fastest ia but if cyrax's damage was halved, or something similar to that suggestion negating 60%-100% combos and kabals dash couldn't be cancelled into everything, well... We would be complaining about some other massively over powered character wouldn't we?

STRYKIE

Those characters are in the same sentence because they can all do exactly what the others do. Their frame data may not be as superior as others, and their mix up may not include lows like liu kangs. But they are just as deadly in the right hands. The only reason kabal and cyrax and so focused upon is because of kabals infinite pressure and cyrax's resets for your entire health bar. Take those factors from those two characters and watch them dwindle down the tier list. Yes their frame data is still nice and kabals iagb is the fastest ia but if cyrax's damage was halved, or something similar to that suggestion negating 60%-100% combos and kabals dash couldn't be cancelled into everything, well... We would be complaining about some other massively over powered character wouldn't we?
Sounds to me like you're just bitter about Kabal and Cyrax in particular. Smoke has 60% - 100% combos, are we banning him too? Or are you just fortunate enough to have only played Smoke players who wake-up TP all day? I'm gonna guess you haven't read Scorpion's frame data because he would still have huge problems against Cage, Sonya and Jax.

ColeTrain

I use cyrax myself, and I would still nerf him. Kabal, maybe I am a bit bitter about him yes, but isn't that the whole reason we want to nerf him in the first place? Because the entire core community that isn't a kabal addict is against him? An smoke, how could I forget about his 80%~ reset, yes why not nerf his ex smoke ball, that would solve all the problems. And for scorpion and cage, well scorpions vortex would fix that MU.
EDIT: frame data isn't everything. Johnny maybe faster, but he isn't going to win every punch contest, unless your GGA Dizzy, which I highly doubt every Cage player is as good as Dizzy.

I'm just being honest here, I want a patch, but I don't know that I want NRS to patch it. I think they need to let the PC community patch it first, so they can learn how to make a balanced game that focuses more on fundamentals. Injustice and all of there patching is a sign of their inability to patch and balance a game to be fundamentally solid. Unless they take street fighter's route and get people who understand fighting games to give feedback and maybe some Japanese talent to help them "get it." MK9 and especially Inj have potential to be dominated by fundamentals like street fighter and KOF instead of broken garbage, but NRS constantly show they are unable too.

My suggestion is let the community lead the charge and/or let them show this via the PC mods first. I honestly don't trust NRS to get the job done correctly and Injustice is my proof.

Me pulling the petition was NOT a prank or a troll. Please STOP saying that. And please STOP tagging me in stuff.

I wasn't even going to post in the forums again (banned or not). But I'm tired of people falsifying my name (getting old though out the years). Select few (who I trust) know exactly what happened. And someone who posted on eventhubs got it right on the mark. After everything I been through, through out the years, if you don't know by now why it got canceled BY ME (and NRS had NOTHING to do with it)...then you don't need to know.

Someone more "suitable" is handling the petition now. Hopefully the MKC treats this guy with respect (regardless of his opinion/actions).

Also, I don't care if you hate or dislike me. I know who my friends and loyal supporters are. Look in a mirror before you try to judge someone.