What's new

Strategy Raven Demon Mode tech anyone?

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
What's everyone's favorite use of Demon mode? For example which matchup benefit the most, which are barely use it ect.

What I've been messing with is instead of ending my combos with f222 df2 (which barely adds any damage)I instead use f2224 and cancel the trait into df1(neutral) . The combo puts them in a range where the chip is pretty much guaranteed and you can continue with incredible demon zoning .

Let's all work on some awesome demon tech because I don't feel like I'm getting the most out of trait with Raven yet.

My favorite use of Demon mode is activating it at each and every possible opportunity, having it on cooldown perpetually. I like this strategy because Raven in Demon mode is one of the best overall characters in the game.

I found that you can cancel jumping attacks into the teleport, so if you know theyre gonna block you can teleport to either side of them and get another attack before landing, you can teleport twice like that but youll end up too low to get a third attack (I think). I havent really had time to mess with it, and if you teleport to the other side sometimes you can be too far to followup, but theres gotta be something to be done with that.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I found that you can cancel jumping attacks into the teleport, so if you know theyre gonna block you can teleport to either side of them and get another attack before landing, you can teleport twice like that but youll end up too low to get a third attack (I think). I havent really had time to mess with it, and if you teleport to the other side sometimes you can be too far to followup, but theres gotta be something to be done with that.
I do this to. I post a thread about this but know one replied to it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I've been ending combos by canceling into trait too and another thing I've noticed Is people like to dash or attack after a blocked pillar so ill soul crush right after so if they do anything they get hit. This conditions them to just block the pillars and eat chip damage alllll day.

That works with regular fireball too, it recovers fast enough that you can catch people if they try to dash after ducking it

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN

This is dope tech! I never even considered that.

So I just got into the lab with this after j.2 canceled into forward teleport you can combo if the move hits or get another overhead attempt with j.2 if the opponent blocks. Pretty sure I'm going to use this every jump in with demon mode now haha.

Played some sets this weekend and you gotta be careful with it, if you get read its easy to get out of or punish. The other can walk out of it before you have time to hit with a jump in. But if you're creative, it's a great tool.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I personally avoid this stance just coz she loses her anti-air (singularity). Unless you're spot on with the pillars jumping in becomes alot easier on her when she goes into the stance.
Eg: I'd never use it against black adam coz now he can just divekick in for free.

Sami

Noob
She does however gain a behind teleport that can fuck up jump-ins (and reverse inputs of air specials). If you read/react quick enough you should be able to get db2 off after.

|| Syrnia

Siiren's Servant;Burns The Midnight Oil
Raven can also instant overhead J1 into behind or forward teleport for mixups if you want. I think you can get a full combo not sure since I don't play her much.

Wyde

Can't decide on a character
Probably obvious, since it was even showcased in an official gameplay trailer, but df.1MB combos into db2 while in demon mode. Nearly full screen hit confirms ftw.

I've looked into safe ways of activating trait as well: ending a combo with either f222 or b23 is ideal because both of those knock down and can be trait cancelled, putting your opponent at whatever distance is most ideal. Activating trait after b123 also works if the opponent doesn't have a wake-up option that hits full screen near instantly (eg.Black Adam, Deathstroke, Harley, Joker etc.).

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
So I'm not sure if this is safe or not, I'm pretty new at using Raven. I seem to be having luck canceling her trait out of J3 mid air and then teleporting either in front or behind from there. It seems like they basically have to guess which side you're coming from.

After a F1+3 or F222, teleport either in front or back for a little mixup.

After a soul crush ending combo, when they land, I always do the 3rd level Soul Pillar.
If you need to get in, after a successful Far or fullscreen pillar, teleport.

Sprint

Noob
Cancelling air attacks into teleport is a rather poor gimmick. Anyone who knows about it will d2 you straight into a combo before you can get the second attack out.

Ground Teleport isn't a mixup. Holding down blocks in both directions and Raven doesn't have a good overhead to make people block high with. It's useful as a way to get in, but it needs to be done at a safe time or you're vulnerable to eating a combo on reaction.

Sami

Noob
https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes

Looks like we are getting wake-up teleport for demon stance! Should be nice, but pretty situational.
Will help if we get hit out of demon stance when activating, but generally once you're being full comboed while in demon stance, the stance will end before the combo.

edit: not complaining, a buff is a buff. not a needed or a particularly useful one (IMO Raven doesn't really need any), but it's nice all the same :)

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Will help if we get hit out of demon stance when activating, but generally once you're being full comboed while in demon stance, the stance will end before the combo.

edit: not complaining, a buff is a buff. not a needed or a particularly useful one (IMO Raven doesn't really need any), but it's nice all the same :)
How about when trading projectiles with someone like sinestro? Would that make using knockdown projectiles dangerous against raven?