What's new

Rate Your Main Injustice Character(s)

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Lex Luthor

Offense (3/5)

Fast unsafe advancing special is good (Corp Charge) but not as good as others who are safe on block. Mixup game is bad, has a hard time opening up the opponent. Damage output is low, averaging about %35 here and there. Optimal combo will do about %43~ but is hard to achieve in a real match. Good corner game but not the best. Just average all round. Horrible walk acceleration, average dash.

Defense (3/5)
Advancing special is a good 'Get off me' move when you have to opportunity to use it. But if baited/blocked, full combo punish. Trait is good for nullifying zoning and chip damage, but slow to initiate and if interupted during startup, multiplies damage taken. Decent defensive setups in Probe and Mine which are very slow to start and can be blocked with just a little practice. Backdash sucks.

Trait (3/5) Average trait, has huge startup, if interupted during startup user will take multiplied damage, therefore must be dash cancelled which is unsafe. Trait is absolutely nullified by other traits like Banes venom, which will strip shields on block, Superman, Doomsday etc. - Lex shield is at the bottom of the 'Shield trait' list.

Damage (2/3) Kinda average damage one must work hard to achieve. With a successful setup Lex damage is respectful. Combos are weak alone.

Zoning (2/3)
Mine and probe are great when both on the screen. Otherwise separately very slow. Sky laser is super slow and easily avoided. Missile drop is decent in a setup. Lance will trade nicely against some opponents. Altogether slow slow zoning which, when used together in a setup, can be tricky to navigate but Lex can not outzone most of the cast.

Anti-Zoning (1/3)
Against true zoning characters like Raven and Deathstroke, Lex has virtually no chance of counter zoning. All Lex specials are very slow to start and Lex must slowly inch his way in with blocks and dashes.

Mobility (1/3)
Disgusting horrible walk acceleration, OK forward dash, terrible backdash, Corp Charge is fast and punishable but can cover some ground on foot or in air. Overall just bad. Hard time against good zoners.

Interactable Object Control (2/3)
Will interupt opponent interactable attempts from midscreen with Corp Charge, otherwise has no chance to interupt. Is a power character himself and with trait can sometimes net a free interactable, but overall average interactable control.

Total: 17 / 30

Well, am I wrong? He shits on everyone when it comes to raw damage, can get 50% for one bar, and can go much higher if you go burn your meter even more.
Not trying to sound like a smart ass but it seems your saying he breaks the game or thats how im taking it what about Bane/solomon grundy traited up they can get max damage but still if 3's the highest you can go why not just give them three and lobos my 3rd so i know his damage also.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Not trying to sound like a smart ass but it seems your saying he breaks the game or thats how im taking it what about Bane/solomon grundy traited up they can get max damage but still if 3's the highest you can go why not just give them three and lobos my 3rd so i know his damage also.
Wtf did I say about newbies? ITS LEVELS B

LEGEND

YES!
Flash:

Offense (5/5): safe 50/50s, some of the best oki in the game, great at staying in someones face (punishes characters for trying to backdash or jump out of pressure with ease) Having top mobility also adds to his offense

Defense (4/5): Flying uppercut is great for controlling movement (jumps, dashes, certain specials) has long range normals that have to be respected when trying to get in on him. Solid wake-ups that all have a use

Trait (4/5): Adds tons of damage to almost any given combo, grants free chip and mix-ups vs some characters when they don't have meter

Damage(2/3): kinda average without trait

Zoning(0.5/3): no projectile, though moves like Sonic pound and charge can sort of "zone" your opponent by the mere threat of them

Anti-zoning(2/3): LC punishes alot of zoning tools, Speed Dodge can prevent getting chipped, Sonic pound hops over some moves

Mobility (2/3): Great walk speed, ridiculously fast dash with great range. Sonic pound can be used to get in on some characters without great backdash if spaced properly.

Interactable object control (1.5/3): charge and Flying uppercut can be useful for punishing the use of some interactables but generally Flash has a hard time controlling most of them. Speed dodge makes avoiding them really easy though

21 Total

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ares:

Offense: 3/5. Getting the opponent to play your game will be difficult. He has a quick low and okay pressure...mixing up (espcepially with God Smack shenanigans) requires risk of being poked out or jumped out for full combo.

Defense: 3/5. Keep away game is decent and air to air as well, annoying to deal with, but not the best.

Trait: 3/5. 8 second cooldown for both traits, projectiles do not have projectile properties so it goes through projectile absorbing moves. The rising weapon traits are used for damage or God Smack shenanigans and the falling weapons are for a cheap overhead.

Damage: 3/3. Very good damage all around, especially in the corner. Easily his best strength.

Zoning: 2/3. Slow startup projectiles that do take up space like his Axe [Insert CD jr's salt here] but are easy to get around if you have the paitence.

Anti-Zoning: 2/3. His teleports have a slow start up, but they can get you right next to your opponent for a cheap combo. The new teleports help a lot at the cost of 1 bar. This is not a 3/3 because certain characters just simply anti zone better.

Mobility: 1/3. Backdash is awful, his forward dash isn't much better [I suspect it was nerfed somewhat before the game came out] and teleports have slow startup and the new teleports are just not meant to be used as mobile tools.

Interactable Control: 2/3. He's a power character and can evade interactables very well with his teleports. Does not get a 3/3 due to a lack of trapping move for a free interactable attack.

Overall: 19/30.

Edited for more detail.

Last edited:
So you're going to assume over trivial stuff like this? I'm implying it breaks the game? No point of arguing over nitpicks.

ryublaze

Noob
Ares:

Offense: 2/5. Getting the opponent to play your game will be difficult...mixing up is always risky.

Defense: 3/5. Keep away game is decent and air to air as well, but not the best.

Trait: 3/5. 8 second cooldown, but you need it to get damage or zone. Pretty meh.

Damage: 3/3. Very good damage all around, especially in the corner. Easily his best strength.

Zoning: 1/3. MMH said so...and it costs meter.

Anti-Zoning: 2/3. MB teleports help...at the cost of meter.

Mobility: 1/3. [Emo mode] Terrible walk speed...the new teleports were fools gold...14 more goddamn recovery frames...the fuck? [/Emo rant]

Interactable Control: 1/3. Nothing special to see here.

16/30.
we have the same total but different numbers :confused:

Sami

Noob
Raven

Offense (2/5)
She has one gimmick for generating offence and that's an ambiguous cross-up (either jump in or dash and neutral jump) after a hard knockdown. She has hard knockdowns coming out the wazoo though. Sadly hard knockdowns in this game still give full invincibility on wake-up so a lot of characters can stuff her follow-ups.

Defense (2/5) Raven has no tools other than the universal ones. MB B3/F3 and push-block. Even her "best" special (lift) isn't fully invulnerable on start-up. Wake-up teleport requires you to still be in demon stance when you're about to get up off the floor which makes it impossible to rely on. Unlike Ares, Raven can't MB her teleport or vary the distance to make it safe. Her back-dash is terrible and will usually get hit by combo strings if you back-dash the first hit.

Trait (5/5) Specifically pillar/crush frame traps. Full screen grab and teleport is a nice addition, but LBSH the pillars alone make it one of the best traits out there.

Damage (2/3) If you actually do some combos with her she pushes 45+% with one bar. However, she also does absolute crap-loads of chip-damage in trait mode which can't be overlooked.

edit: 40%+ for 1 bar is easy for Raven. However, she has very poor meterless damage and 2-bar+ combos add very little damage on top (pushing 50% with 2 bars is difficult, but 46-47% with 1-bar is very doable).

Zoning (2/3) Potentially going to be blown up for only doing 2/3. Raven's zoning relies on an impatient opponent. Keep dashing and you'll keep eating Soul Crush. The smart opponent that baits the Soul Crush gets in for free. Once players properly start grinding out this MU the pillar/crush trap won't be quite as free as it is now. Raven also has the Singularity zoning game, but we don't talk about "plan b".

edit: all of her long-range zoning gets completely blown up by advancing armoured moves as she has no multi-hit zoning tools (or multi-hit stuff in general).

Anti-Zoning (3/3) Soul Crush goes 2/3 the screen. In demon stance her pillars go full screen horizontally and vertically, so fuck you Hawkgirl and Superman trying to zone from the air. Full-screen grab in demon stance reels people in for combos, and projectile absorb is so much easier to do at full screen.

Mobility (1/3) Raven has very good walk speed. She has a terrible dash, no air dash, average jump-in and no mobility on her moves. This isn't much of an issue as most of the time she is just walking or dragging the opponent to her. I'm not downplaying the walk speed at all, but it is all she has.

Interactable Object Control (2/3) Raven is an acrobatic character which would make her 1/3 by default. However, she controls interactables by preventing players from using them. Crush takes care of ground interactables and pillars for aerial ones. It requires good reads or very good reactions, but if Raven is at neutral frames then she can usually prevent most characters from using the scenery unless they armour it.

Total: 20/30

Last edited:

Paranoia

Lord Shinnok
Green Lantern ... and take my points with a grain of salt as I'm not a very good player :)

- Offense: (4/5) decent damage, safe 50/50 with his OTG setup, amazing in footsie range (B1 OP)
- Defense: (4/5) lacks armor, but his wake up lift is amazing, also amazing anti-air into full combos, and his keep away game is not bad either. His specials in general are very good.
- Trait: (4.5/5) it's not perfect, but it's almost there. It adds damage, range on machine gun, and improves his lift (used in his OTG setup).
- Damage: (2/3) It doesn't compare to the heavy hitters, but it's decent and it fits his playstyle and overall tools (40%+ with interactables).
- Zoning: (2/3) decent zoning, but we all know GL is not a zoning character.
- Anti-Zoning: (1/3) Air rocket is good, but his mobility hurts him trying to get in, and Turbine Smash is not a safe option for mobility in general.
- Mobility: (1/3) Covered in Anti-Zoning ... it sucks :)
- Interactables: (3/3) amazing usage of interactables (power character duh) + his lift controls interactables really well (especially transitions and the pig).

Total: 21.5/30 ... all in all GL is pretty balanced in my opinion, and definitely a solid pick.

That's all I got. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated :)

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Deathstroke:

Offense (3/5)
Has solid 50/50s, solid range on normals and a effective air-normals and a strong oki against characters with poor-to-average wake-ups, but also somewhat lacks in this department if he is forced to go in himself.

Defense (4/5) Amazing wake-ups if used well, and with j3 as an option for getting away as well. His zoning compliments his defense. Although his terrible dashes make it still quite a fight to get away if put in a rough spot.

Trait (1/5) Basically useless to say the least. At worst, it's a great way to get full-combo punished, at best, it grants you a 50/50 at the cost of losing 5 moves, 3 of which are actually useful.

Damage (2/3) Somewhat difficult to reach higher ranges of damage. But still manages to get a solid 20-40% meterless with most starters.

Zoning (2/3) If done correctly, against a large portion of the cast, he does a fairly good job at controlling space and keeping the opponent where you want them. He's still punishable from just about anywhere on screen for blocked gunshots against enough of the cast that it does hinder his zoning when he'd honestly want it most (such as against Flash, who's offense he can't compete with).

Anti-Zoning (3/3) His air normals, coupled with his standard zoning tools can make it difficult to zone him with the exception of a few characters.

Mobility (1.5/3) Pretty terrible walkspeed, pretty terrible forward and back dashes, but all could be worse.... He does have a nice jump though.

Interactable Object Control (2.5/3) He's a gadget so he pretty much gets the 2/3, but with iaQF and (MB)QF still being an option as well as two fully invincible wake-ups, he does have the ability to snuff and punish most interactable use.

Total: 19 / 30

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Green Arrow:

Offense: 3.5/5 - safe 50/50s. Lots of mixup potential. Safe special enders to block strings. Combos end in hard knockdown for oki. D1xxspecial can be blown up or is unsafe. Offensive threat varies on what arrow is loaded. Avgs to 3.5.

Defense: 4/5 - good evasive moves like savage blast, and sky alert in the air. Wakeup attacks are above average. Only true "gtfo" moves are universal armor.

Trait: 3/5 - his entire game revolves around his trait making it important, but not great. Things get limited when he cant get a reload.

Damage: 1/3 - his damage output is atrocius. Bnbs do less than 30 percent. Much save meter for super reset which limits all other combos. Must sacrifice damage to reload trait at the end of combos.

Zoning: 2/3 - zoning is ok with fire and electric arrows. Almost non existant without it.

Anti-zoning: 2/3 - fast one button input on arrows, along with crouching arrow ducking high projectiles is nice. Can sky alert over some things in the air. Cant armor through things effectively.

Mobility: 2.5/3 - Hard to be 3/3 without a divekick or teleport, but hes above average. Savage blast is great for running away, and his forward dash is extremely good. Can set up mobility by dashing behind arrows. Walk speed is slow.

Interactable control: 2/3 - arrows can shut down a little, but not much. Hes ok at best.

Total 20/30

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Wonder Woman

Offense: 5/5 Some of the best normals in the game in Lasso, B1, B2, D12, 3 3. 6f punishers in both stances, both of which can armour break in a lot of scenarios. 33/33/33 scenarios on almost every knockdown (or overhead/low/left/right), best mixup game in Injustice. Range/advantage/anti wakeups/unclashables/safe jumps. A bajillion knockdown setups, multiple work on each character/player for specific purposes, so you can pretty much tailor your offense to your need at any time.

Defence: 4/5 Single hitting wakeups, only invincible one is her lasso spin. Shield stance takes nearly no chip. Good backdash. D3 evades a rediculous amount of offense. An actual anti air in both stances (D2)

Damage 3/3: Highest meterless practical damage in both stances I think.

Trait: 3/5 Matchup specific, can be a godsend in some matches (Doomsday) and a deathwish in others (Bane). At the same time, it allows her to hitconfirm into super in both stances for 39% unclashable which will finish off alot of matches.

Zoning: 2/3 Safe quick and almost full screen shield that can be cancelled into anywhere while in lasso stance.

Anti zoning: 2/3 Can parry some multi hitting projectiles (Batarangs, KF daggers etc), downwards tiara, shield bash, D3.

Mobility 3/3: Best airdash, iadg, safe shield charges, quick forward dash.

Interactables 3/3: D3 avoids a fair amount of things thrown, like the pig. Lasso grab on hit grants alot of free interactables too.

25/30 I guess.

Last edited:

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Green Lantern ... and take my points with a grain of salt as I'm not a very good player :)

- Offense: (4/5) decent damage, safe 50/50 with his OTG setup, amazing in footsie range (B1 OP)
- Defense: (4/5) lacks armor, but his wake up lift is amazing, also amazing anti-air into full combos, and his keep away game is not bad either. His specials in general are very good.
- Trait: (4.5/5) it's not perfect, but it's almost there. It adds damage, range on machine gun, and improves his lift (used in his OTG setup).
- Damage: (2/3) It doesn't compare to the heavy hitters, but it's decent and it fits his playstyle and overall tools (40%+ with interactables).
- Zoning: (2/3) decent zoning, but we all know GL is not a zoning character.
- Anti-Zoning: (1/3) Air rocket is good, but his mobility hurts him trying to get in, and Turbine Smash is not a safe option for mobility in general.
- Mobility: (1/3) Covered in Anti-Zoning ... it sucks :)
- Interactables: (3/3) amazing usage of interactables (power character duh) + his lift controls interactables really well (especially transitions and the pig).

Total: 21.5/30 ... all in all GL is pretty balanced in my opinion, and definitely a solid pick.

That's all I got. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated :)
Offense 5/5, his setups are dirty

Trait 3/5: not much utility aside from being a combo extender

Mobility -1234329282/5

Flash
Offense (4/5)- I'm only even giving this as high of a score as I am because I'll be chewed up for putting a 3.5. 55-60% off either an overhead or low starter is insane, I'll totally agree on that. But people don't get that the low starter, regardless of startup frames, is extremely short ranged, and the overhead, while somewhat advancing, is obnoxiously slow, regardless of what the frames sight. It's simply easy to spot. Without a reliable wakeup, this offense will stomp you, but as long as you have something to recover with, it will shut Flash's game down. Zyphox can lay down all the bullshit crossups he wants, there are ways around them, and they aren't reliable. Compared to characters with vortexes, Flash's offense just isn't flat out 5/5.

Defense (2/5)- (Not to be confused with anti-zoning as listed). Besides well timed sonic uppercuts, there isn't much here. And even those are extremely punishable. He gets a point for his uppercut, but again, compared to many other characters it isn't even that good, with a smaller window for anti air than many others such as Aquaman. His job is to get in. If he's being forced to defend, Flash is probably losing anyway.

Trait (3/5)- Gets a decent score for being the catalyst of his damage, and for being able to play some mind games when ahead on life lead. General M2Dave and others might have you believe that Flash's trait has not yet fully been tapped into, but they are wrong. There's really only so much you can do with a move that takes away your block button and increases the active frames of your opponents attacks. Overall, the activation is better than much of the cast, but still worse than others (Zod, Batman...)

Damage (3/3)- Again, I'll be ostrisized for giving it less than the full score. If we're only talking flat damage, it obviously deserves the 3. I'm not a fan of 50/50 vortexes and will always consider their potential better than flat damage.

Zoning (0/3)- He's a non-projectile character, one of the few in the game, and with some of the shortest combo starters. Nothing else to say, he isn't meant to zone.

Anti-Zoning (3/3)- Put your pistol away, it isn't happening. Lightning charge shuts down a good 75% of the zoning in this game, arguably more. While compared to MMH or Batgirl, he may not even deserve the full score, but its undeniable that he'll make most zoners reconsider the continuous use of a projectile. Flying uppercut when used properly can halt many attempts at the use of interactables. And speed dodge takes care of those that aren't reachable. In my opinion, this is what makes Flash a decent character, not his damge, which is totally overrated (even above).

Mobility (2.5/3)- Cry all you want, he's not getting the full score for this. But its still one of his more positive characteristics. Fastest walk speed, and ONE OF the best dashes (Lobo's is very comparable). What those who don't regularly train with flash players is that the distance of his dash can, at times, be a detriment. Many characters can lame out with a life lead and, while playing smart, punish a dash in of this distance. Obviously the safest method of travel is to walk, but some situations call for more.

Interactable Object Control (3/3)- Woops! Covered this in anti-zoning. Oh well, still pertains. Flying uppercut, speed dodge, nuff said.

Score- 20.5/30. That's a good score! Of course! Great even. But amazing? Top tier? No... The Flash is a good character in a cast of broken characters. Those without proper matchup experience will label him as absurd, but he isn't. Get enough matches in with him, and what appears to be a death touch will becoming nothing short of a unique block scheme. I lost 2-1 to Trepound at NEC. I don't think Hawkgirl is broken now, I simply didn't know the MU (dem frame traps). Pimpimjim won using Hawkgirl for a fair amount of his matches, still doesn't make her broken, people just weren't ready for her. The point is, I think there will be those who have the opposite reaction, sighting her as a slept on, incredible character, much as Flash has been labeled. A year from now, if Injustice is still played, Flash will be learned, and viewed as a mid to upper mid-tier character. The words "top 5" make me cringe. Top ten is arguable, but nothing more. Green Lantern, Aquaman, Zod, MMH, Batman, Batgirl, KF, Black Adam, and Superman are all more versatile characters. Flash is simply too...2-D to compare much longer from today.

M2Dave, this was actually quite fun. Good thinking man! I like this forum. Now tell me what a fool I am and how wrong this breakdown of the flash is.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Green Lantern:

Offense - 4/5: Green Lantern's oki offense is really solid, with numerous ways to end a combo and set up a mixup on wakeup, and various untechable knockdowns to take advantage of. His f3 and b1 make for an amazing 50/50 combo up close, as well, with f3 being 18 frames and b1 being 9. MB oa rocket is very + on block, while also leading to combos on its own. CRP is also + on block, but can be avoided by aware opponents. Very solid burst potential.

Defense - 3/5: Green Lantern's defensive game is okay, hindered due to a slow backdash and generally spotty wakeups, but wakeup LM is at least something that covers attacks from the front. His d2 is a really solid AA, and even works as a pressure interrupt due to it being 7 frames, and air turbine can be useful for escaping corners.

Trait - 4/5: Beware My Power has many varied applications, from allowing a normal LM to lead to longer combos, to minigun reaching near full screen. It also lasts very long for a timed trait, with very short cooldown in comparison. It's biggest issue is that it has a lengthy startup and can only be canceled into special moves.

Damage - 2/3: Green Lantern's damage generally ranges from low 20s to mid 40s, depending on what he does. He doesn't really get that much damage unless he uses meter or trait. Because of his oki offense, he can get pretty solid bursts of damage, melting opponents' health bars if they don't play right. MBLM allows Green Lantern to punish things that are -10 at ranges most characters can't for solid damage.

Zoning - 2/3: Armed with an angled air projectile, a very fast ground projectile that can be MB'd to explode for + frames on block and a combo on hit, and a gun projectile that doesn't count as a projectile, you'd think Green Lantern would be set. Well...he also has LM for anti-air and anti-dashing. And his b1 allows him to outpoke most of the cast from a pretty nutty range. He does get outpaced in pure keepaway by more dedicated zoners, though.

Anti-Zoning - 2/3: Not bad, but not great. MB oa rocket allows him to do projectile trades for a generally higher chunk of damage, on top of a knockdown, and air oa rocket allows him to avoid grounded zoning options. RP allows him to catch some opponents who will attempt to be airborne during their zoning. He has no definitive answer to zoning, but he has a plethora of specific options to deal with zoning.

Mobility - 1/3: Yes, I know turbine exists, however, due to its slow startup and bad recovery, it's hard to use as a pure mobility option without getting stuffed or punished at the end. Green Lantern's dashes are also really short and slow, making it hard to maneuver around characters who are good at playing keepaway.

Interactables Control - 2/3: Green Lantern possesses a lot of setups to hard knockdowns to give him opportunities to throw unavoidable interactables safely. He does not have the dash to quickly jet underneath some interactables, but he does possess LM, MB oa rocket, turbine, and RP to stuff attempts.

Total: 20/30

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Keep posting, fools.

Liking means that you followed the exemplar even though I may not necessarily agree with your numbers. The Flash, for example, should definitely have 3/3 for anti-zoning because of MB lightning charge alone.

In the near future, I may make a thread and re-post the best ones.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Batman

Offense (4/5): Fast normals and he can end a lot of his stuff at advantage making it nigh impossible to counterpoke him if done correctly. J2 definitely one of if not the best jumping normal in the game. Loses a point due to Sektor limbs and a weak 50/50 game.

Defense (2/5): Wake-up game is among the worst, but Slide is still invincible, and you can catch people a lot since they just assume that Batman never wakes up. Full combo punish and negative on hit keeps this # low. Parry is good, but it takes a million years for it to recover. No armor outside of MB B/F3. Both forward dash and back dash are above average.

Trait (5/5): One of the best if not the best in the game. Zoning tool, pressure extender, approach option, combo extender, can be cancelled out of strings to make some hard to deal with block strings. 2 frame start up makes punishing otherwise unpunishable moves possible. Also just makes your opponent scared to do anything in general for fear of eating %40ish.

Damage (2/3): Most starters net around %40 anywhere on screen with the potential to get around 50 if trait is stocked up.

Zoning (2/3): Batarangs having 2 hits with a potential 3rd means he's not easy to armor through. Trait keeps opponents locked down for Batman to throw a couple of Batarangs and build meter. Combination of Up Batarang and trait makes it hard to get in on him. Trying to zone with trait up usually equals lost bats though due to slow start up and recovery on Batarangs.

Anti-Zoning (2/3): Probably his worst area. Batarangs start up slow, so he can get poked out of them by a fast projectile. His anti-zoning pretty much just amounts to him getting back in his opponents face. Trait makes getting in easier, but if he only has 1 bat launched and gets tagged by a projectile, it stops his approach.

Mobility (2/3): Above average. Good forward and back dash. B23 lets you get some breathing room, but some characters can punish you trying to abuse it. Slide moves you a good distance if you want to use it that way, but its very easy to punish on whiff.

Interactable Control (2/3): Makes good use of the bomb interactables for good damage. Otherwise, a typical gadget character.

Total: 21/30

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Updated
i like this idea

Green Lantern:

Offense: (3.5/5): b1 is the best normal in the game.... j1 is good to ata, has resets and setups but they are beat by wakeups and resets require meter, minigun is great but (like all gl's specials) very punishable if thrown out random, lift controls space well.

Defense: (2/5): free to pressure, pretty much have to pushblock or mb b3, gets raped in the corner, wakeups are ass only usable one is lift and thats easily blocked an punished, im surprised i didnt put 1 for defense lol but he does have anti air lift which is great

Trait: (2.5/5): trait is needed to use GL but its still not a good trait it just extends his combos and helps his specials a little, does nothing for his weaknesses. has good recoery time tho

Damage: (2/3): damage isnt terrible but not great, has a few amazing damage combos but ive never seen those pulled off in a match, i think all GL players could agree to 2/3 damage

Zoning: (2/3): against nin zoners GL's zoning is good, minigun keeps out air rocket is great rocket power sucks but its not needed for zoning, trait + minigun is good also, only problem is compared to other zoners GL either doesnt compete well or has to try alot harder to

AntiZone: (1/3): free to zoning has no anti zoning options

Mobility: (1/3): lol worst in the game maybe if MB turbine got armor instead of become a fucking projectile, has no dashes low jump arc, good walk speed but the stages are so big that walking is hardly effective in this game

Interactable Object Control: (2/3): lift can catch people going for interactibles and keeps opponents weary of jumping for them, mb rocket can catch them also and j1 if they are close enough, good luck trying to avoid interactibles with GL tho

Total: 16/ 30

can we give 0's? lol
EDIT: since no zeroes mobility is 1

Last edited:

NKZero

Noob
SINESTRO

Offense (3.5/5)

Doesn't really have any mix-up game. His main source of offense is when he has trait available and when he's looking to whiff punish with b+1, 2 or b+1, 3. His corner game can be tricky to deal with but once again it's nothing ground-breaking. Then I remembered the vortex! Safe vortex is pretty nice to have. Trait makes his mix-up game trickier to deal with.

Defense (3/5)
Nothing special defense wise. Has universal-type armour in his f+3 and b+3. His wake-up game is somewhat risky and isn't very good. Trait helps a ton defensively.

Trait (5/5)
Best feature of his game by far. Very multifunctional. Improves both his offense and defense. Can help to fill in frame gaps. Makes everything +20 on block. Can be used for interactable traps and to make people respect his offense. Too many advantages to list. Only problem is it disappears after transitions or being hit by a super or by a wager. Still top 2 in the game in my opinion.

Damage (1.5/3)
Damage isn't ground-breaking. Most combos are ended short for the purpose of building trait. He can accumulate damage rather quickly through zoning but if we are looking at combo damage, it's average/below average. He also has the vortex.

Zoning (3/3)
As pure a zoner as you will find in the game. The frame data on his zoning says that it's weak but he has an answer for most things. When trait is up, he can be a nightmare to deal with. He has boulders for anti-air. The best projectile in my opinion is fear blast and MB fear blast is very useful because of its delay so opponents tend to stay in place in respect of the MB. Shackles is a good trade because it will buy Sinestro time to load up trait.

Anti-Zoning (1.5/3)
Shackles once again can prove useful here and buy him time. He seldom gets out zoned anyway so for the most part, people will have to adapt to his game.

Mobility (1.5/3)
Fairly slow character but has a decent backdash. Can use axe of terror for some air mobility if you can call it that. His mobility fits in very well with his function of trying to stay full screen and zone. Having good mobility would be too much. Nothing special.

Interactable Object Control (2/3)
He can be tricky on some stages when he is zoning and he has many things to throw at opponents at the same time. When trait is up, it can be almost impossible to not eat damage due to block stun. The robot thing in the hall of justice stage, the barrels in Themiscyra and the ferris aircraft rocket thing come to mind as beneficial interactables for Sinestro. Can AA opponents who try to grab objects with boulders.

Total: 21 / 30

NB: It's hard to rank Sinestro. It's almost like you need one rank with trait and the other without, such is the usefulness of his trait.

Last edited: