What's new

Rate Your Character (Mortal Kombat X Edition)!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As we patiently wait for Predator (and ESL and EVO and a certain gift from the +Zoning Heavens+ named Tremor)...

THE CATEGORIES (in order of relevance to the current meta game). Special thanks go to @GGA Max for the suggestions on the categories.

1. 50/50 mix ups and pressure (5/5) – this category revolves around offense. Consider the safety and the risk versus reward ratio of the character’s offensive tools.

2. Neutral game and footsies (5/5) – this category revolves around all the normal attacks and special moves that control the space in your vicinity. Also consider anti-aerial attacks and their effectiveness.

3. Defensive options (5/5) – this category revolves around defense, primarily an armored EX special move that launches and leads to good damage or creates offense. Miscellaneous options such as fast low pokes to stop offense are also to be considered.

4. Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5) – this category revolves around options outside of footsies range such as a projectile or a long-ranged physical attack. Also consider the character’s ability to close the gap when full screen away. Include options such as a teleport and a dive. Most importantly, consider how zoning and anti-zoning options complement offensive options.

5. Damage output (5/5) – this category revolves around the damage that a character is able to acquire, primarily from combos. Almost all characters in Mortal Kombat X use one bar of super meter as a means for serious damage. As a rule of thumb, anything 40% or above is worth 5 points, anything in between 35% to 39% is worth 4 points, anything in between 30% to 34% is worth 3 points, anything in between 25% to 29% is worth 2 points, and anything less 24% is worth 1 point.

Bone Shaper Shinnok

50/50 mix ups and pressure (4/5)
Albeit not as strong as Quan Chi's or Raiden's reset, Shinnok has one too. If you finish combos with f+2,2,1+3 xx dark beam, you are at +8, which guarantees f+4. The overhead attack is b+3, which is -11 on block and has 18 frames of start of up. b+3 juggles and leads to 25% of damage that ends in a reset. Shinnok also has amazing pressure because f+4,1,d+2 xx EX hell sparks will loop if you meter burn the first hit of the EX hell sparks. The EX hell sparks is +12 on block, so if you run and execute f+4 at the appropriate time, the move becomes unavoidable. Looping f+4,1,d+2 xx EX hell sparks builds a lot of meter and sets up throws and b+3. Shinnok would easily receive 5 out of 5 points for this category if b+3 were safe on block.

Neutral game and footsies (5/5)
Shinnok's footsies revolve around f+4, a 7 frame poke. f+4 is starts the f+4,1,d+2 string, which builds a lot of meter with f+4,1,d+2 xx dark beam. Interestingly, the dark beam is around -4 on block but creates minor push back that positions Shinnok out of the range of many characters' low pokes. d+1 has a 6 frame start up and beats most retaliations. When d+1 hits, f+4 must be blocked afterwards. Shinnok also has a phenomenal d+4. This low poke starts up in 11 frames and is -4 on block. d+4 also low profiles under many jumping punches and kicks. You can do d+4 xx EX hell sparks in order to put yourself at +12. All the hits of the regular hell sparks hit after d+4 causing massive push back on block so that some characters cannot punish you. Pokes such as f+4, d+1, and d+4 may be punished by the best neutral jumping punches in the game, but Shinnok has answers to these problems like he usually always does. Hell sparks beat neutral jumping. The EX version juggles of course and leads to the reset. Speaking of jumping, Shinnok's d+2 has 7 frames of start up. The hitbox is just slightly inferior to Jax's d+2, the best uppercut in the game. Finally, Shinnok down players will claim that f+4 has limited range. Tell these fools that Mortal Kombat X has a run button. Slightly running and canceling into f+4 probably makes f+4 around 12-15 frames, the speed of the most common pokes in the game.

Defensive options (5/5)
Shinnok has the EX low scoop, which starts up in 15 frames, launches, has armor, and covers 90% of the screen. The other armored EX special move is the EX charging shoulder, a safer and faster alternative that guarantees a low scoop on hit. You can combo in the corner. As far as low pokes are concerned, Shinnok has the best d+1 in the game and one of the best d+4s. He also has one of the best uppercuts.

Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5)
The dark beam hits high but starts up in 15 frames, travels very fast, and has very good recovery frames. The hell sparks cover more than half the screen and can be used as an anti-aerial attack from a certain distance. Many characters can punish the regular hell sparks on block, but the EX version is +14 and has natural delay, similar to Quan Chi's EX rune. The scepter strike is slow but unblockable. This move covers all grounded space, including the space behind Shinnok, so hitting Kung Lao's teleport as he reappears on the other side of the screen is possible. The EX version has "off the ground" properties and is thus able to hit opponents who delay their wake ups. The EX version may also be guaranteed after an anti-air uppercut and an anti-air fireball. For anti-zoning, Shinnok has the EX low scoop, which starts up in 15 frames, launches, has armor, and covers 90% of the screen. You can use the EX low scoop to absorb and punish most fireballs on reaction. Even the regular scoop can be used to punish certain fireballs from long range distances.

Damage output (3/5)
Meter-less combos are mediocre in terms of damage output, but you can end combos with the low scoop, which creates an untechable knock down. One bar combos usually lead to damage in the low 30s but reset the opponent guaranteeing f+4,1,d+2 xx dark beam, which does 4% of chip damage and builds 1/3rd of a bar. b+3 leads to 25% of meter-less damage and a reset. Corner combos do slightly more damage.

Total Score: 22 / 25

Summoner Quan Chi

50/50 mix ups and pressure (5/5)
Quan Chi has one of the best vortex games in Mortal Kombat X. Using the trance, you can re-stand your opponent and disable wake ups. The most basic mix ups is between b+2, a 15F overhead, and b+3, a 10F low attack. Both options are safe with demon activation and lead to 30% of meter-less damage. Because the low is faster than the overhead, players often fuzzy-guard low and high, which can be “punished” with 1,2 xx trance or by slightly delaying b+2 or b+3

Neutral game and footsies (4/5)
Quan Chi’s primary footsies tool is the aforementioned b+2, a long-ranged overhead attack that can be canceled into EX rune for lots of positive frames on block or a combo that leads into the vortex on hit. After an EX rune, b+3 cannot be interrupted or backdashed. He also has a 5F neutral jumping punch that can clip the opponent’s limbs and lead to a vortex. He gets 1 points off because he is heavily depended on the EX rune, which requires meter, and the lack of safety on the b+3 string, which some characters can option-select punish with an armored EX special move. b+2 xx trance can be option-selected, but b+2 is not safe on block.

Defensive options (1/5)
Quan Chi is like the old lady from the “Life Alert” commercial. When he falls down, he cannot get up. He only has armor on the EX teleport, which is abysmally slow at 38 frames. Every character can “meaty” his or her attack and block the EX teleport in time or beat the armor of the EX teleport with a quick, multi-hitting string. Quan Chi’s saving grace is d+3, a 9F “low-profile” poke that is -1 on block and +15 on hit. When d+2 connects, Quan Chi is able to re-establish momentum.

Quan Chi has the best zoning in Mortal Kombat X. He is the only character in the game who can lock you down with projectiles from a distance. He has a high fireball, an aerial fireball, a fireball that starts up from the ground similarly to Freddy’s spike, and the demon, which includes various fireballs. The far rune checks, and sometimes even punishes, the vast majority of projectiles when blocked, so attempting to zone Quan Chi is futile. The zoning also builds meter very efficiently. Most importantly, however, the zoning forces predictable mistakes and careless approaches that provide opportunities to set up the vortex.

Damage output (5/5)
Re-stand combos do about 30%. Regular one bar combos do about 40%, position the opponent full screen away, and end in demon activation. Quan Chi can also do 25% to 30% unbreakable combos from across the screen using one bar of meter. The damage output is very high. As a result, the comeback potential is awesome.

Total Score: 20 / 25

By popular request, initial reactions to Hish-Qu-Ten Predator.

50/50 mix ups and pressure (3/5 or 4/5)
This variation has the PCC (Plasma Caster Cancel) which functions similarly to Tanya's teleport cancels, but instead of canceling with d,d, you do so using either b,b or f,f, which drains one bar of stamina. When canceled, most strings appear to provide reasonable block frame advantage (i.e., around +5). The opponent can back dash or retaliate with an armored EX special move but cannot jump or attack. Moreover, when canceled, most strings combo into themselves. For example, 3,2 xx PCC will combo into 3,2. Speaking of 3,2, the second hit of the string is an overhead, so the 50/50 mix up is between 3 xx EX ground plasma and 3,2 xx EX ground plasma. EX ground plasma juggles and is safe on block, even when the last hit whiffs. You can also do 3 xx close ground plasma or 3,2 xx close ground plasma. The close ground plasma is +30 on hit, but it is punishable on block by Cassie's back flip and Kung Lao's EX spin. I have some concerns that with adequate Predator experience good players may be able to fuzzy guard 3 xx EX ground plasma and 3,2 xx EX ground plasma. I am therefore uncertain how good Predator's offensive options genuinely are. He really needs 3 xx EX ground plasma and 3,2 xx EX ground plasma to be a mix up if he is to be a top tier character.

Neutral game and footsies (3/5)
Predator has nothing crazy like Cassie's b+1, D'Vorah's f+1, or Quan Chi's b+2, but he does have the longest-reaching d+4, which starts up in 8 frames, recovers at -13 on block, and provides an advantage of +16 on hit. Most characters cannot punish a well-spaced d+4. For those who can, d+4 xx PCC keeps you safe on block for a bar of stamina. You can do d+4 xx close ground plasma, but this string is anything but tight. Predator also has one of the best neutral jumping punches in the game. The range and hitbox are very impressive. b+2 has superb range but hits high. Predator's uppercut is mediocre, but he can anti air consistently with EX up plasma, which starts up in 6 frames. 3,2 xx plasma shot jails on block and is safe against all characters. Interestingly, his throw has slightly more range than other throws. At this point, I have to say that the footsies are average.

Defensive options (3/5)
Predator's only armor move in Hish-Qu-Ten is EX stab, which juggles and has lots of range but starts up in 23 frames. This move seems kind of like an inferior version of Bone Shaper Shinnok's EX low scoop. Any character with quick, multi-hitting normal attacks will unfortunately be able to beat and ignore the armor. As far as low pokes are concerned, he has a 7F d+3, a 9F d+1 that is +1 on block, and the aforementioned d+4 discussed above.

Albeit not as powerful as Summoner Quan Chi, the zoning is one of the best in the game. All the plasma shots - the high, the ground, and the up - have impressive recovery frames and hit advantages. First of all, if the high plasma shot hits, the following ground plasma shot must be blocked. Likewise, if the ground plasma shot hits, another ground plasma shot must be blocked. Opponents cannot forward dash in between two consecutive high plasma shots. In addition, if opponents block a far plasma shot, the next high plasma shot cannot be forward dashed. You can anti air with the mid ground plasma shot, which gives you a guaranteed far close ground plasma shot. You can anti air on reaction with the EX up plasma shot and convert into combos. Use the uppercut outside of the range of the EX up plasma. The start up on the disc is slow, but when used at the right time, it can be an effective zoning tools. The disc will, however, disappear if Predator blocks an attack or is hit. Because Predator's projectiles have a much quicker recovery than almost any other, anti-zoning is a non-issue. The meter building on the zoning is nowhere near as good as Summoner Quan Chi's, though, while the EX stab fails to control the screen like Bone Shaper Shinnok's EX low scoop does.

Damage output (5/5)
Predator's damage output is phenomenal. Every combo leads to 40% or better. Even a raw EX stab results close to 40% of damage. Also, you can switch sides with the regular and EX stab by tapping back. I sense damage normalizations, but I hope not.

Initial reactions score: 19 or 20 out of 25

Cybernetic Kano

50/50 mix ups and pressure (1/5)
Cybernetic Kano is unquestionably the most offensively challenged character in the entire game. He has no overhead attacks, no advantageous EX moves, and no run cancels to abuse like every character in the game. The only move that provides any significant, and I use this adjective very loosely in Kano's case, block advantage is the EX knife, which is a pathetic +5 on block. In comparison, other zoning characters have access to almost twice as much block advantage as Kano. For example, Quan Chi is +15 after an EX rune while Shinnok is +12 after an EX hell spark. These two characters have overhead attacks and resets too, and superior zoning abilities, which I discuss below. I really have nothing else to add other than breaking down opponents with Kano is incredibly difficult and frustrating.

Kano has excellent control of the mid range game with b+2, which kind of reminds me of Sinestro's b+1. In addition, d+4 is a superb low poke that "low profiles" under some mid as well as jumping attacks. Kano also has b+1, which is one of the very few normal attacks that can consistently be used as an anti-aerial attack. While these pokes occupy a fair amount of space, they are defensive by nature because of the lack of block advantage. A top tier character such as D'Vorah has the ability to control even more space and be at an advantage. She has long-ranged normal attacks that create offense while Kano's lead to nothing. If you are adequately fortunate, you may land b+2, which leads to combos in the mid 30s. When D'Vorah lands f+2,2, she gets 40% combos. The initial hit is an overhead attack too.

Defensive options (3/5)
Cybernetic Kano has the EX up ball, which has armor, is safe on block, and creates massive push back on block. However, sometimes a glitch may occur in the corner where the second hit of the up ball whiffs, as you are left wide open for all sorts of punishment. The other armored EX special move is EX straight ball. You can combo from this move but only at point blank range. The damage output is mediocre unless you use another bar, which, trust me, you really do not want to do provided that the combo kills your opponent. In terms of defensive low pokes, he has d+4, which I have already discussed above. Perhaps Kano's defensive options will be worth 4 out of 5 points if the EX up ball glitch is fixed in the near future.

Zoning and anti-zoning (3/5)
When I purchased and played the game the first week of release, I thought Kano had the best zoning in the game. I owe the zoning community an apology for my foolishness. Kano's zoning is massively overrated. Having a fast and mid-hitting projectile sounds great on paper but not when such a projectile only does 5% of damage in a game with a run button and abundant teleports. Because of the low damage, the best zoning characters in the game easily out-zone Kano from a distance. Bone Shaper Shinnok's dark beam, for example, does 8% of damage and has a quick recovery and traveling speed. The dark beam does hit high, but Kano cannot get a knife on the screen without trading 5% for 8%. The same scenario applies to Quan Chi, Predator, and Tanya, and possibly others. The up laser is a worthless special move, and the faster you forget that this move exists, the more success you will have with Kano.

Damage output (3/5)
Combos range from low 30s to mid 30s with a bar. He can do combos in the high 30s in the corner and re-stand the opponent. For what purpose, I do not know. Nonetheless, the option is available. Meter-less damage is pitiful and resembles Noob's in Mortal Kombat 9.

Total Score: 14 / 25

---

Your turn! Wound-Cowboyism (i.e., downplaying) is banned in this thread.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Balanced Kenshi:
50/50 mix ups and pressure 1/5... Yeah this isn't kenshis strong suit

Neutral game and footsies 5/5 his D4 is an amazing footsie and the range on b1 isn't half bad either, his telepush is good here too and it pushes you back so I can zone you or more

Defensive options. 4/5 he has amazing armored moves to push you back, he can put you back to full screen to frustrate the fuck out of you if you make one mistake, one down side though, if you get kenshi in the corner and you know how to keep him there, it is damn near impossible for kenshi to get out

Zoning and anti-zoning 5/5.... Do I really need to explain why his zoning is amazing?

Damage output. 4/5. Balanced kenshi has some really solid meterless and metered damage output, not amazing, but not bad either, even after the weird 1-2% nerf on all his combos. And even though this isn't integral to kenshi play, it is still really nice to have

Total score 19/25 what he does he does very very well

By the way even though i scored 19/25 i still believe he is top ten, if i could give 6's in some categories, i would because the areas where he shines, he really fucking shines

Last edited:

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Kung Jin:

50/50s and pressure: 5/5

Neutral game and footsies: 4/5

Defensive options: 4/5

Zoning/anti-zoning: 3/5

Damage output: 4/5

Total score: 20/25

Ranking: High tier

WynterEnd

Your sacrifice honors me!
Sounds fun, I'll give it a try!

WAR GOD KOTAL KAHN:

War God gives the overhead sword and the low sword. Both are pretty fast and decent damage. However both are unsafe. B1,4 into overhead sword is an advancing mid then low then overhead (launcher if MB). So he has good mixups. Maybe should be a 3 because it is unsafe?

B1, F1, and F2 are all advancing normals with good range. F1,B2 into mid sword is safe (mostly, there is a tight interrupt). I suppose the B2 overhead does advance but is pretty bad. Mostly, his jump forward 1 is an amazing air normal; huge range, lots of jump in combos can be had.

Defensive options (5/5)
Well, using your description Kotal's overhead sword is one of the best armored launchers in the game and leads to an easy 32% and certainly creates offense. Kotal's D1 is 6 frames, and, his D4 is one of the best in the game at 6 frames with range and +17(?) on hit. D3 is also 7 frames and a low.

Zoning and anti-zoning (1/5)
Yeah, this is where all Kotals lose lots of points. I gave one point because MB sword throw is a big fast projectile that does 17% on hit and is super + on block and allows a run in. So, for a bar, he has this one option.

Damage output (5/5)
Using your scale, Kotal gets over 40% in several, viable ways with one bar. Kotal hits real hard, everyone knows this.

Total Score: 19 / 25

Agree, disagree? Would love feedback!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This is going to make for some epic arguments.
There shall be no arguments.

Unless of course @cR WoundCowboy comes in here and starts talking about how Shinnok has very few, if any, options now that EX hell sparks are "only" +14 on block. I will lose my mind and start dropping the "f" word (i.e., fool).

This could be an interesting and more informative alternative to tier lists.
Such is the intention.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Sounds fun, I'll give it a try!

WAR GOD KOTAL KAHN:

War God gives the overhead sword and the low sword. Both are pretty fast and decent damage. However both are unsafe. B1,4 into overhead sword is an advancing mid then low then overhead (launcher if MB). So he has good mixups. Maybe should be a 3 because it is unsafe?

B1, F1, and F2 are all advancing normals with good range. F1,B2 into mid sword is safe (mostly, there is a tight interrupt). I suppose the B2 overhead does advance but is pretty bad. Mostly, his jump forward 1 is an amazing air normal; huge range, lots of jump in combos can be had.

Defensive options (5/5)
Well, using your description Kotal's overhead sword is one of the best armored launchers in the game and leads to an easy 32% and certainly creates offense. Kotal's D1 is 6 frames, and, his D4 is one of the best in the game at 6 frames with range and +17(?) on hit. D3 is also 7 frames and a low.

Zoning and anti-zoning (1/5)
Yeah, this is where all Kotals lose lots of points. I gave one point because MB sword throw is a big fast projectile that does 17% on hit and is super + on block and allows a run in. So, for a bar, he has this one option.

Damage output (5/5)
Using your scale, Kotal gets over 40% in several, viable ways with one bar. Kotal hits real hard, everyone knows this.

Total Score: 19 / 25

Agree, disagree? Would love feedback!
@Pnut

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'll give a really brief description for each

50/50 - 5/5

She's pretty safe. Overhead can be option selected at all times to be safe, ending in -8 only a couple of characters can punish and have 1f to do so.

Neutral - 5/5

B1 is the neutral. Amazing at whiff punishing, B12 is safe(only to lose in the mirror to flipkick)

Defense - 5/5

EX Flipkick across all variations is extremely good, armored launcher. EX nutpunch in Hollywood is a good wakeup, not save but crushes opponents armor and leads to full combo.

Zoning - 3/5

I'll leave this as a 3 since guns blow, but missiles are really good for spacing the opponent out, and EX making you get in for free.

Damage - 4/5

Midscreen damage is "lacking" (30% plus midscreen, 28% in spec ops), but corner damage is insane. 45% in Hollywood/Brawler(I think), and 43% meterless in spec ops leading to a hard to blockable situation.

Total: 22/25

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

There shall be no arguments.

Unless of course @cR WoundCowboy comes in here and starts talking about how Shinnok has very few, if any, options now that EX hell sparks are "only" +14 on block. I will lose my mind and start dropping the "f" word (i.e., fool).

Such is the intention.
lmfao The "f" word is "fool" when it comes to you. I'm dying, Dave. That's funny as hell. It's perfect and makes absolute sense. If I had any editing capabilities, I have a wonderful idea on a video to make regarding this very thing. =P

BoneShaper Shinnok

Good mixups with F4 and B3. Mixups with OH string and low scoop. Although the mixups can be fuzzied they are still good options and you can punish a fuzzy in some situations. Decent pressure with fast down pokes and -4 dark beam. F4 is a very powerful. EX HS

Neutral game and footsies (5/5)
One of Shinnok’s strongest areas. HS is scary. F4 is scary. D4xxHS is good.
Dark beam is super fast. He has a lot of tools to respect in the neutral game at all ranges

Defensive options (4/5)
Armored low scoop for a wakeup and EX shoulder can connect into low scoop. Solid D2 and above average air normals. 6 frame D1 to check opponents. HS is a great defensive tool in most matchups. Decent backdash.

Extremely powerful zoning tools. Low scoop, dark beam, HS, unblockable. All of these specials complement each other very well in make it hard to approach Shinnok. Dark Beam is almost impossible to punish on whiff unless you read it. Dark beam out-spams most other character’s zoning tools. EX low scoop can be used to punish zoning with a full combo.

Damage output (3/5)
Acceptable damage output. Most 1 bar combos are around 30%. Meter less damage is probably rated average or below average.

Total Score: 21/25

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Bone Shaper Shinnawk:

Mixups and pressure: 5/5
BnB ends in +8 restand. Hello.
MB Hell Sparks are +14 on block which leads to constant could-be-suffocating pressure. WIthout meter his main string is safe and can also be canceled into Dark Beam which is also safe.
Got sweet-ass mixups with: F41D2/F41Scoop - Might be fuzzyable and Scoop is unsafe, but throw it a couple of times in a match to make the opponent respect it.
On knockdown B3/F4 is an overhead/low mixup and both lead into decent damage into restand.
Can also use throws to mixup stuff after restand - escapable but it's fast enough to be useful.
After block main string, or blocked dark beam, he can go for a risky, armored, launcher counter-poke attempt, but it's useful enough to make the opponent respect it.

Neutral Game and Footsies: 5/5
Epic footsies all around. Controls screen with hell sparks, madly fast normals, 6f d1, 7f low normal into launchers, finger-licking-good d4, 15f low scoop that reaches almost full screen. This character is the king of footsies at the moment.

Defensive options: 4.5/5
One 12f armored and armor-breaking semi-launcher that nets you 19% into hard knockdown, -15 on block. One 15f armored launcher into full combo with a restand, highly unsafe on block, though. Both are good for wakeups, unsafe, but your opponent definitely has to respect them.
6f GTFO d1, 7f low normal that leads into full combo.
7f d2, very sweet for anti-airing. No one should dare jump at Shinnok because hell sparks as well.
Epic backdash.
Would've given him a 5 but I chose 4.5 because his wakeups are punishable on block.

Zoning and Anti-Zoning: 5/5 (Tempted to give a 6/5)
Master of zoning after the latest dark beam buff. Controls space with hell sparks. Unblockable ground pound has some "decent" setups, and it will catch the opponent once or twice in a match. EX ground pound OTGs, if you think it's useful to do.
Anti-Zoning? Lol. He's the definition of anti-zoning. His 15f almost-fullscreen scoop has a dash in its start-up which will fuck up grounded zoning (i.e., D'vorah's puddle.). EX Scoop is armored and can be used against most projectiles on reaction to blow up zoning attempts into full combos.
EX Dark Beam knocks down and does 12% I think, so it's a good trade with most projectiles. Regular dark beam does 9% if I'm not mistaken, so also a good trade if you have the life lead.

Damage output: 3/5
His only "weakness". Gets only around 31% with one bar into restand. Can't get much more even if he opted to go for damage and even if he goes for 2 bars.
Without meter he has no damage except for measly 23%s in the corner.
Great unbreakable damage with hell sparks and ex ground pound, if he has meter to burn (highly unlikely to have 2 bars to waste).

Total score: 22.5/25

Last edited:

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Damage - 5/5

Midscreen damage is "lacking" (30% plus midscreen, 28% in spec ops), but corner damage is insane. 45% in Hollywood/Brawler(I think), and 43% meterless in spec ops leading to a hard to blockable situation.
Ermac gets easily over 40% meterless from a guess midscreen and 45% in the corner so I'd call him a 5/5. If Cassie gets about 30% midscreen she's probably a 3 or 4. Everything else sounds right.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Ermac gets easily over 40% meterless from a guess midscreen and 45% in the corner so I'd call him a 5/5. If Cassie gets about 30% midscreen she's probably a 3 or 4. Everything else sounds right.
I can agree with this. I'll adjust accordingly.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not gonna go into detail right now, will edit later (I'm at work)

Hollywood Cassie:
1. 50/50 mix ups and pressure (5/5)
2. Neutral game and footsies (5/5)
3. Defensive options (5/5)
4. Zoning and anti-zoning (2/5)
5. Damage output (4/5)

21/25

Noxious Reptile:
1. 50/50 mix ups and pressure (4/5) I actually really like poison gas and ex spit... wasn't sure if they counted as pressure tools or what. I use it to make the opponent freak out, so I'll put it under pressure.
2. Neutral game and footsies (3/5)
3. Defensive options (2/5)
4. Zoning and anti-zoning (2/5)
5. Damage output (3/5)

14/25

Covert Ops Sonya:
1. 50/50 mix ups and pressure (5/5)
2. Neutral game and footsies (5/5)
3. Defensive options (4/5)
4. Zoning and anti-zoning (3/5)
5. Damage output (5/5)

22/25

Royal Storm Kitana:
1. 50/50 mix ups and pressure (1/5)
2. Neutral game and footsies (2/5)
3. Defensive options (3/5)
4. Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5)
5. Damage output (5/5)

16/25

Grandmaster Sub Zero:
1. 50/50 mix ups and pressure (4/5)
2. Neutral game and footsies (4/5)
3. Defensive options (4/5)
4. Zoning and anti-zoning (4/5)
5. Damage output (3/5)

19/25

All imo of course. (note, I don't play Sub and Sonya as much as the others and am just now picking up Kitana, but those are my impressions on her)

ManBatHorse

Syzoth of the Devil Reef
Kinky Gecko from Outer Space(Reptile)(All variations):

- 50/50 mix ups and pressure - (5/5)

- Neutral game and footsies - (4/5)

Lacks anti air

-Defensive Options - (3/5)

Lacks safe wakeups, but has good armored moves

-Zoning and anti-zoning (2/5)

Good players will use spit and force balls to anti zone, but the forceball takes too long to cast and it's too easy to avoid, and the spit is neutral duckable and only does 5% damage. Well, at least it's better than Lackey F/T

-Damage Output (3/5)

Good Reptiles playing offline or onlline with good connection will deal good damage(3 or 4/5), but us laggy online warriors struggle (2 or 3/5). It's more accurate to say Deceptive is a 2/5, Noxious is a 3/5 with free chip and Nimble is a 4/5 when in good hands

17/25 total

Last edited: