What's new

Ranked Matches are useless compared to player matches, nay?

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Let's just all invest in a mega-super Ethernet Hub so we can all be connected to each other. Then we must all invest in several thousands of miles worth of Ethernet cable. Let's go ahead and start
Like Japan? HAHAHA Good luck man. Cable companies own and seem to really screw over USA internet infrastructure. Unless you live in some select area where they monopolize their own internet capabilities getting crazy speeds.

Let's all just invest in Google Fiber

Hades

Noob
Why call someone out when they complain about lag when you are from NZ? I bet you were having unplayable lag, where unsafe moves become safe, inputs drop, and everything delayed. Braindead characters always prevail...its just the reality of things. Can not blame someone for being frustrated about not being able to compete because you live damn near at the bottom of the world...but make no mistake, I have love for NZ. Wish I were there. Would gladly sacrifice internet speeds.
Don't get me wrong I love living in New Zealand and I'm not calling him out I'm just wondering why you'd be so angry you'd send an excuse after losing a ranked match. Honestly why send a message after a casual ranked match? I really don't see the point. Anyway I definitely love it here in nz and you should definitely at least try visit here. Haha and I'm not the one complaining about lag I'm used to playing in lag and trust me my match with lex Luthor II was actually not as laggy as most American connections.

Hades

Noob
OG man i CONSTANTLY manhandle you, calm down. And I rarely lose, and if i do, it is often because of lag, shit like not being able to Instantairpunch, or d12 slides. Derp.
Hahaha, I see what @Qwark28 was talking about he just made this thread to stroke his own ego and is trying to talk himself up... Saying your losses are due to not being able to adapt to lag properly is pretty sad.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
ranked will give you one game against one person, its good to practice like that from time to time because in tournament you wont be able to sit down and break down a player for very long.
If being close to tourney is your aim though, you could just play 2-3 games at a time in Player Match. At least that way you'd be able to practice your ability to adjust in short sets after the first game.

I still don't see any advantages from Ranked other than the thrill of hitting people with something random and then sneaking away to fight someone else, haha

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
If being close to tourney is your aim though, you could just play 2-3 games at a time in Player Match. At least that way you'd be able to practice your ability to adjust in short sets after the first game.

I still don't see any advantages from Ranked other than the thrill of hitting people with something random and then sneaking away to fight someone else, haha
yeah but who does that

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I wouldn't say ranked is useless as I like using it on occasion for random battles. However with player matches it gets frustrating when people quit when you win a couple of matches or if you get bodied. While I did play the game for fun I am now looking to really improve to become a good player, but finding good people to have long sets with is tricky with so many people caring about their win/loss ratio.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
1/10 truskill 6.

what a waste of my fucking time.

so after all this time you still havent found ppl to add?
i have 100 out of 100 friends taken up already, cod and gow clan shit and r/l friends will do that. i heard xboxone has like 1000 friends?

Last edited:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Hahaha, I see what @Qwark28 was talking about he just made this thread to stroke his own ego and is trying to talk himself up... Saying your losses are due to not being able to adapt to lag properly is pretty sad.
Even when the other guy is a derp from New Zealand who makes it too laggy to play properly, and then when I say that to him he has the balls to WHINE about that when hes playing half a world away from everyone?

good gods. not the brightest guy are you

"saying my losses are due to not beling able to adapt to lag properly is pretty sad."

says the guy who ONLY kept abusing his downward Green shot over and over and slide over and over because you couldnt do anything else on your NZ connection.

You are just super cute, you know that right.

Don't get me wrong I love living in New Zealand and I'm not calling him out I'm just wondering why you'd be so angry you'd send an excuse after losing a ranked match. Honestly why send a message after a casual ranked match? I really don't see the point. Anyway I definitely love it here in nz and you should definitely at least try visit here. Haha and I'm not the one complaining about lag I'm used to playing in lag and trust me my match with lex Luthor II was actually not as laggy as most American connections.
Not calling me out? Uhh yes you are, derp. Why get all butthurt after a casual message after a casual match? its not like i sat there whining and bitching at you, just saying its annoying i cant do shit.

""hate gl online when there's delay. Can't d12 his slides like offline. 75% swing each time. Online is terrible in this game" "that lagggg can't air punch ever" "

PS whats ur gt

Last edited:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I wouldn't say ranked is useless as I like using it on occasion for random battles. However with player matches it gets frustrating when people quit when you win a couple of matches or if you get bodied. While I did play the game for fun I am now looking to really improve to become a good player, but finding good people to have long sets with is tricky with so many people caring about their win/loss ratio.
The worst part is when someone who beats you, barely, through luck or skill doesnt matter... when they run away after one saying "i was looking for a challenge scrub". Shit like that is adorable.

E

Eldriken

The worst part is when someone who beats you, barely, through luck or skill doesnt matter... when they run away after one saying "i was looking for a challenge scrub". Shit like that is adorable.
Yep. That's one of the few things that annoys me to no end about ranked matches.

What I hate the most about player matches is when you beat someone like 5 times in a row, they barely scrape by with a win, leave and then act like they're such a bad ass for beating you and that you're a scrub, etc.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Most people on this site will play at least play a FT10 with you, sometimes a FT20 or FTInfinity. People here are into the long thing.