What's new

Tech Rain X-Ray Thread

I have a specific question about Rain's X-Ray, but I figured I'd just make a topic for it in general and we can go from there. So put whatever you want to say about it here!

My question is: what are the hit properties on its startup? It seems like half the time it hits or whiffs in a juggle even when the character being juggled is at the exact same height on-screen. Is there a spot where it hits reliably? Or some hit property I don't know about?

Its nice you can use it as anti air so no hopping around when rain has 3 bars.

You can hit confirm into the xrax while in a juggle by hitting the juggled opponent with 4 or 2 and then linking into xray. That should stop those pesky wiffs.

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr
Ive been using 4,3 as a setup into his Xray and I haven't had it whiff yet. my main Xray combo has been 4,3, db2, 4,3, db4, 4,3. Xray, 4,3, db2. hits everytime and its about 55% dmg i believe. Yes, i also love that I can use it as an AA combo starter. I am liking Rain ALOT more than I thought I was gonna....I may have got a new main

Ive found a very easy, but douchbagish way hit the xray. Use Rains tele, then xray. when u tele, most will take block off to punish your tele, not expecting you to pull off an xray.

I have a specific question about Rain's X-Ray, but I figured I'd just make a topic for it in general and we can go from there. So put whatever you want to say about it here!

My question is: what are the hit properties on its startup? It seems like half the time it hits or whiffs in a juggle even when the character being juggled is at the exact same height on-screen. Is there a spot where it hits reliably? Or some hit property I don't know about?
I'm still struggling with this issue. If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, go into training and do the following combo 5 or 6 times:

4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, lightning, 2, x-ray. Depending on the character's height, the geyser for the x-ray's initial hit will sometimes completely whiff even though they're right in range of it.

I found a good X-Ray combo

1, 2, F4, Dash in, 1, 2, F4, Dash in, 4, 3, df3, move to on top of you, 4, 3, db2, X-Ray, Uppercut or Db3 should do around high 40% low 50%