What's new

General/Other Rain punishment help

GhosT

Noob
I have gotten some good matchup experience agains rain as of late. But i still need some tips i haven't found out for myself.

Rains up kick cross over counter, i don't know its correct term but I'm sure you will know what i mean.

What is a reliable way to punish it?

I have been able to land a few uppercuts as he comes down, but those aren't reliable either, I try timing a fast string as he hits and that has not worked for me yet either. What do you guys get punished by? or use to punish this special.

It will help me a lot since i have been baiting it more lately but have not been able to gain any damage off of it.

Characters i use most are sonya raiden mileena and rarely kung lao.

any help is awesome.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I've never tried it, but I wonder if Raiden could shocker or enhanced shocker the geyser kick? Surely he can superman him on the way back down...

I don't know anything about the other characters though.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Its really hard to punish since it is not that negative on block. i would just go for your fastest string and if hits then confirm into combo. If its blocked then take the pressure you can get. I dont play much against rain so i dont really know the true ability to punish it. Uppercuts work sometimes but only if you catch it early. Are you talking about regular geyser or EX-tele/geyser?

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
All you have to do is 1,2~net after you block the initial upward attack. Make sure to bait the geyser kick on wake up and punish it to the fullest extent. That'll teach rain to wake up and then he is free for crossovers and pressure on wakeup (unless he teles which is also punishable if you are looking for it.)

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
If you're talking about his (EX) Geyser Kick or EX Water-Port, you can whiff punish them with an AA. On block, the former is -10 and the latter is -12, so find a move to punish them. With Lao, you can use his 1 (10 frames) or 2 (7 frames). Make sure you attack quickly; don't wait until he's landing. Online might make geyser kick bullshit btw.

GhosT

Noob
Its really hard to punish since it is not that negative on block. i would just go for your fastest string and if hits then confirm into combo. If its blocked then take the pressure you can get. I dont play much against rain so i dont really know the true ability to punish it. Uppercuts work sometimes but only if you catch it early. Are you talking about regular geyser or EX-tele/geyser?
Regular geyser. When I block it in corner uppercut seems reliable. But I'd prefer a full combo :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk