What's new

General/Other Rain Players are awesome!

BookBurning

Voidwards
I'm making this thread because some guy in the Reptile forum decided to post that Reptile players are awesome and he's proud to be part of the reptile community. Is this an irresponsible post as the mod of the Rain's? Yes, but OH WELL.

All of you Rain players out there, keep being at the top of the food chain in terms of badassery. We're few, but that makes us even more awesome because it makes us unique, our character is also a good character, unlike the few people who play Jade and Stryker, so again, more points for us.

You know what we're like? The Spartans, except instead of 300 of us there's like 3 of us.

Also, Reptile is boring and isn't cool. Yeah? Yeah.

Death

Noob
I have a question for Rain players. I meant to ask Book about it too when were playing but Why do Rain players ALWAYS end their pressure up close and go for throw 99% of the time. Most of the time im hoping to get thrown so I dont have to deal with the kick cancel shenanigans?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm making this thread because some guy in the Reptile forum decided to post that Reptile players are awesome and he's proud to be part of the reptile community. Is this an irresponsible post as the mod of the Rain's? Yes, but OH WELL.

All of you Rain players out there, keep being at the top of the food chain in terms of badassery. We're few, but that makes us even more awesome because it makes us unique, our character is also a good character, unlike the few people who play Jade and Stryker, so again, more points for us.

You know what we're like? The Spartans, except instead of 300 of us there's like 3 of us.

Also, Reptile is boring and isn't cool. Yeah? Yeah.
Some guy? That hurts sir. :(

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Espio

Kokomo
Rain is so tight, he's one of the only male characters I like enough to main; however, I've put him on the side to focus on getting better with Jade, I worked on Rain from his release until December, then moved onto improving Sheeva and now Jade, but anywho, Rain is so fun, he's got the most interesting rushdown in this game for me and so much armor= boss status. He's got dat pretty boy swag, tightest ninja/assassin gear.

His winpose is godlike, basically.

I still do not understand why Rain is so underused, he's way too solid of a character and way too fun to not get as much support, but then again, I was expecting Raiden and Kung Lao to have more support than they do (they get ALOT of support already), but since most of the characters are really, really good we get such a great tournament variety.

Stryker's actually really balanced and an all around really solid character, I don't think people realize that he's a lot better than people give him credit for, respectable pressure, counterzoning and zoning. I think it's because he doesn't shine as heavily in any one area, he's a jack of all trades.

As for Jade, I think she can compete at a tournament, she's not bad as to make her unviable.

I have a question for Rain players. I meant to ask Book about it too when were playing but Why do Rain players ALWAYS end their pressure up close and go for throw 99% of the time. Most of the time im hoping to get thrown so I dont have to deal with the kick cancel shenanigans?
I mix it up, sometimes I dash cancel into 3,3,4, 1,2 water gun, low poke, cross over, armored roundhouse kick, 2, 4 is good too, especially if they unblock as it staggars and is safe on block or throw, which comes into play, but not all the time, it's too predictable and it immediately ends all pressure, like you said.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Ah,
Ain't that the truth though? So, if Book is the King Leonidas what would that make the rest of us?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Rain is a half-god, a prince of Edenia, a lieutenant of outworld, a badass guy, he is 100 000 years old, he used the element of life to make death.
In game, he looks like a manga character.

What else ?

Btw, does someone know wtf he is saying IG ? ("RAMAYAAAAAA")

Rain is a beast. He's so solid. Not to mention that he's a great counter for Kabal, IMO.

(EDIT: Apparently it is believed this is not a good counter? Whuuut? Still a bad MU, but anybody that can nullify IAGB's is a good counter, and Rain's bubble can do that. Then you have your own "flash-parry", a teleport and a solid D1 and D4. How is this not a harder match for Kabal than most?)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
teleport is damn unsafe, bubble too (and you see it coming in fullscreen), storm doesn't work. Kabal just rape rain.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I would love to main/secondary Rain ! Sadly I can't get his RH pressure consistent ): I also fail everytime I try his 'flash parry', most of the time it's because EX doesn't come out. I play online only so maybe that's why I'm inconsistent with him.

How do you guys rate him online?

Rogue_Scrambles

Fear Burns Bright
Rain is such a boss, I working on maining him right now and hes gotta be one of the classyest motherfuckers out there

Water Ninja for Life!!!