What's new

Rain General Discussion

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Just labbed and block 2 knives b34 janet 3x j142 does 300, very very easy

Edit: At absolute max range this might not work, like Ashrah f2 xx sareena, you need to neutral duck the second knife. You also might not get launched by the knives, in which case just do janet 2x and then you can loop j142 janet again if you want.

Last edited:

wsj515

Is there a way to change the order of hits with the whirlpool setups? seems like no matter what I do, I can only get it to go low OH OH

Edit: figured out what I was doing wrong, placing it directly under them gives low/OH/OH, taking a slight step back and placing being gives OH/low/OH, or grab, but if there are other versions of the setup would love to hear them.

Not sure if this is known since I haven't seen any other Rain / Janets do it, but you are able to get Janet throw combos in the corner (opponent cornered) - back throw and practically immediately do back kameo (x3) and then can j142 ender, keeping them cornered.

Last edited:

wsj515

Has anyone been messing around with cyrax? Janet is so good that I'm actually feeling like its not worth giving up the damage and conversions she provides.

CanoCano

Noob
Has anyone been messing around with cyrax? Janet is so good that I'm actually feeling like its not worth giving up the damage and conversions she provides.
Haven't gotten the chance to play this patch myself but the potential for plus on block cancels with the Horizontal Kopter buff on top of all the other stuff Cyrax gives Rain it might be worth switching for some matchups and just plain fun

wsj515

Haven't gotten the chance to play this patch myself but the potential for plus on block cancels with the Horizontal Kopter buff on top of all the other stuff Cyrax gives Rain it might be worth switching for some matchups and just plain fun
Yeah the plus on block cancels are nice, but its a huge resource commitment and usually means you can't convert touches into much damage at all. Janet complements Rain's kit so much - being able to convert literally any touch into 40% + is absolutely ridiculous and makes his cancels much more scary imo. Outside of safe launching armor that resets neutral (lol, and that's a huge boon) Cyrax almost feels more honest than Janet.

I think I'd feel differently if Cyrax net connected from b3 at all ranges - outside of punish situations, cancels off of f21, or the corner, trying to combo with net feels like rolling the dice sometimes.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Outside of safe launching armor that resets neutral (lol, and that's a huge boon) Cyrax almost feels more honest than Janet.
d+3, geyser is also a major turn stealer.

Lest we forget that Sonic Fox won ECT with Rain/Cyrax when pre-patch Johnny Cage and Raiden were roaming around.

These NRS developers have some big cojones reverting Cyrax.

I love it, though. They ought to revert more nerfs.

wsj515

d+3, geyser is also a major turn stealer.

Lest we forget that Sonic Fox won ECT with Rain/Cyrax when pre-patch Johnny Cage and Raiden were roaming around.

These NRS developers have some big cojones reverting Cyrax.

I love it, though. They ought to revert more nerfs.
That's another good pro for sure - but you can definitely feel the other post-ECT nerfs, recharge takes decades. I just think Janet is that busted - Janet just adds so much in lethality, improved strike / throw, and safe jump setups that I'd be surprised if Cyrax overtook her as the overall kameo pick, rather than a MU specific one where you need more "get off me" tools.

Its possible though that I'm not seeing the vision as much because the quality of player that is playing online is super different then competitive play, and you need stuff like the guaranteed 50/50 of kara cancel throw or overhead from a cancel on block in order to open people up, whereas its often enough online to just out-footsie people or catch them trying to respond the wrong way to cancels.

wsj515

Something I'm not seeing any Janet players do is use nut punch to make pressing buttons after a cancel scary. Its safe on block, and on hit you are guaranteed jailing f21, b3, f32, and b2. I couldn't get s1 or s2 to jail midscreen, but it does jail in the corner.

Obviously this makes cancel pressure that much more scary, and you get a really great setplay opportunity. They can't jump or press buttons in fear of the mids or else they get launched for 40% meterless, you get cheeky / albeit kinda fake OH/low 50/50s, and even dash up throw or kara cancel / OH 50/50. Corner you get all that plus guaranteed 114 cancel plus frames, or s2 auto shimmy.