What's new

Guide Rain Combo Thread

Does anyone know if the super roundhouse is safe on block? It seems to be. If it is, I've found that another great opener is 4~db+4. Using that opener, you can do the following quite easily (easily enough for online, I think):

4, super roundhouse, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, 4, jet (35% and leaves them standing)

Or you can end with geyser kick for 37% and the knockdown. I'm sure this isn't max damage, but if it really is safe (I think it is), I think it's a great opener.

Another good option that does roughly the same damage but is a nice setup and easy to land is:

b2, 1+2, dash, 4, 3, super roundhouse, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, (whatever ending you like)

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
Does anyone know if the super roundhouse is safe on block? It seems to be. If it is, I've found that another great opener is 4~db+4

i was thinking of something very similar to this. since i play reptile, a good pressure move is d4 xx acid hand cause it knocks the opponent back so you're safe on block. rain's super-roundhouse knocks the opponent back on block too so i was doing d4 xx super-roundhouse and it was similar to reptiles pressure move. i'm not sure if the whole motion itself is safe on block since i haven't tested it with someone else yet and i don't know the frames of reptiles acid-hand vs the frames of rains super-roundhouse...... BUT i still think this could be a valid pressure tool. the standing 4 xx super-roundhouse connects as a combo though, as opposed to the d4 xx super-roundhouse.... but i guess it could still be used for some pressure on someone stand-blocking :)

a fun quick 1 meter combo i think is cool is JIP, b2, 2+1, EX aqua-port for 24%. you can also use the H20 boost before you do the combo for 28%..... maybe someone is already savvy enough to end a longer combo with b2, 2+1, EX aqua-port for sextra damage?

.....in addition to this, after an EX aqua-port you can set up pressure with a water bubble projectile. sometimes they just wake-up attack right into it.

XXHBK

Noob
4, 3, Lightning, 4, 3, Super Roundhouse, 4, 3, Water Bubble, 4, Geyser Kick = 41% (39% if you swap Geyser Kick for Aqua Splash to leave them standing)

4, 3, Lightning, 4, 3, Super Roundhouse, 4, 3, XRAY, 4, Geyser Kick = 51% Xray Combo

Dragon_killer85

Fresh Blood
I just did this but I know it's very not creative but b+2,2+1,lighting,dash,super kick,x-ray. Rain has some great set-ups on the real he is good dlc worth downloading.

What's the best anyone has on an x-ray combo? So far I can get 55% with JiP, 4,3 xx lightning, 4(whiffs),3 xx super kick, 4,3 xx water bubble, 4,3 xx x-ray, 4 xx geyser kick. Getting the 3 before the x-ray is really tricky, doing it with just 4 is alot easier and you only drop to 54%.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/NW2929?blend=3&ob=5#p/u/0/cA3EigACa8c[/video]
Xray Ive been using, 34xx lighting,34 xx bubble, 34, xray uppercut.

Awwww Jago, that's cheatin :bad: I meant with base damage but if you are using the power up then mine goes up to 59 with the boost. 58% without the 3 before the x-ray.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Questions:

Whats the best, most damaging combo that you can do after you catch someone in the bubble?

What's a good BnB that starts with the jump in punch and follows with some high and low mix up?

I think b+1 or b+2,3 are the only ones that hit low (the 3 is the low on the second) but I don't think you can combo out of either of them.

Questions:

Whats the best, most damaging combo that you can do after you catch someone in the bubble?

What's a good BnB that starts with the jump in punch and follows with some high and low mix up?
I think it's 43 roundhouse 43 lightning 43 aqua for like 34%

an alternate BnB (well at least the start of one, I'm sure we can get something more damaging)
4roundhouse 43 bubble 43 lightning 43 aqua for 37% (so probably 39 with jump in)

assuming that roundhouse is safe and there's no punishable gap in the 4xxroundhouse string that's something really powerful...especially since you can dash cancel the roundhouse

When u u dash after the 1-2-f.4 and ur gonna do the 4-3 put in 4-3 really quick after putting the input for the dash this keeps the opponent higher up so the water orb hits
I'm not by any means an expert on anything MK related, but what I did was add an extra 3 so i went 4-3-3 and i was able to get the opponent up high enough to do the mind bubble. I'm not sure if it weakens the combo, but it solves the mind bubble problem.

JagoMIH

Noob
heres a cool wall combo

4,3~lightning bolt, 4,3~super roundhouse, 1~water bubble, move them back to wall, 4,3~geyser kick

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
2 42% combos no meter...inputs are on the page

Wall combo

Midscreen

Im gonna mess aroundwith the wall combo i think i can get it up to 50% with no meter

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
The thing is guys ur using lightning in the first 3-ish hits which is UNSAFE, the 41% combo I believe is safe at the beginning if blocked so I'm gonna stick with that thats my only opinion on it like if I know I can hit the guy like a punish then maybe I would use these other wise your asking to get punished

2 42% combos no meter...inputs are on the page

Im gonna mess aroundwith the wall combo i think i can get it up to 50% with no meter
You can get one more rep of 4, 3 xx db3 to finish it off with 47. I've been trying to work the bubble into the combo, but can't come up with anything.

40% Meterless, Best I can come up with so far not including the 41% one I already have lol xD.

Jump in 1 or 2, b21+2, dash, b21+2, dash, 43, df3, 11, db2, db4, 4, db3 (better description on the vid itself)
It seems like the db3 randomly whiffs after the 4 a lot of the times. So, I changed it up a little bit and found something more consistent. I replace the 11 with another 4,3 before the lightning bolt, so I don't have to use the 4 xx db3 at the end. Rather than using the 4 canceled into db3, I just do a db3 and it still does 40% damage.

Error

DF2+R2
Anyone here end there combos with 4,3,b+3 on it's own it's 3 hits 17% damage, so it seems like a nice way to end a high damage combo.

Edit: I think Rain's H20 boost needs a buff and the ex version a nerf, how does it go from like a regular version hardly boosts and ex version gives a 50% it's kind of strange. Could have been an oversight.

dunno if this was posted but heres a 38 %

j.p b2 1+2 dash b2 1+2 dash 43 water bubble 43 lightning super roundhouse aqua splash