What's new

Question Raiden top 5?

zaf

professor
Basically if your doing a 334 string and you predict your opponent will try to armor interrupt...say sonya decides to en cartwheel interrupt, if you cancel the last hit into tele the interrupt will whiff. The same applies to B3(here)1(here)2, and you can opt to use en tele instead of regular tele. That's the big secret.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

B W1zZ, i didnt know you knew about this.
but this is still something we never see.

Its that 3,3,4 teleport can beat almost all xrays and some armor moves. Like if Kitana has Xray. Normally you would do 3,3, and then teleport for fear of her xray. You can just do 3,3,4 teleport and her Xray will whiff. Also for characters like Freddy with an unsafe xray you can full combo punish. It also works on some armor moves like all of jax armor moves.

It does not work against fast armor moves like Kenshi's, or invincible nutpunch Johnny to name a few.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Basically if your doing a 334 string and you predict your opponent will try to armor interrupt...say sonya decides to en cartwheel interrupt, if you cancel the last hit into tele the interrupt will whiff. The same applies to B3(here)1(here)2, and you can opt to use en tele instead of regular tele. That's the big secret.
What? Really?

Even I knew that

B W1zZ

Noob

Theres so much more that goes unseen. All people know is what they see, or hear.

I will agree with GGA 16 Bit on a few things though, Raiden can be ridiculous, if you play him right....and the Cage matchup isn't bad as some people make it out to be.

B W1zZ

Noob
Kabal for sure. I really don't like the Kung Lao MU. I have a hard time against Sektor. And maybe the Kenshi Sonya MU?
I only consider Sonya and Kabal to be bad matchups. Kung Lao can be difficult but its more of a matter of knowing what you are doing and having good reaction times, the same applies for Cage. Sektor, Kenshi, Kung Lao are 5-5

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so can someone post a video of this? i don't get how the teleport comes out if they try interrupting ur string...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Lol that's it? I've been doing this ever since I saw you talking about it a looooong time ago.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

What the hell... that's it? I've posted about it 1 million times. I just posted about it yesterday. This can't be it. I've known about this since I picked Raiden up after season's beatings last october. It's common sense. This can't be it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Lol how the fuck is this new tech? I figured this out the first day i started messing around with him.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The only problem is that if you do 334~tele and they just block, you are at -12 and a character with a fast normal can blow you up. Not to mention if they time their x-ray a little late since x-rays can auto correct. I don't think this is game changing tech. It's just one counter to an armored move or x ray after blocked 334... or am I missing something?

Ok I didn't finish reading the rest of the thread. I guess that's all it was.
Yeah I never thought it was new tech to the Raiden mains out there. All I know is that it was new to me and a lot of other people.

But that being said. Is there a thread on the Raiden page breaking down every xray in the game and every armor move in the game that it beats? And if there isn't. Why isn't there one?

B W1zZ

Noob
The only problem is that if you do 334~tele and they just block, you are at -12 and a character with a fast normal can blow you up. Not to mention if they time their x-ray a little late since x-rays can auto correct. I don't think this is game changing tech. It's just one counter to an armored move or x ray after blocked 334... or am I missing something?
That's why it's not always best to cancel the string on block, UNLESS you make a calculated read (for example sonya has meter and you think she will interrupt). The idea is to mix it up and condition your opponent, whether it be cancelling the string or mixing up what you do after a naked 334 on block (baiting pokes to B3 whiff punish, tele, punishing crossup attempts etc)

B W1zZ

Noob
Yeah I never thought it was new tech to the Raiden mains out there. All I know is that it was new to me and a lot of other people.

But that being said. Is there a thread on the Raiden page breaking down every xray in the game and every armor move in the game that it beats? And if there isn't. Why isn't there one?
I would do this myself if I had someone to help me test this with every single character, that's the only reason.