What's new

Raiden Kombos: Knowledge Is Power!

EnterTheGecko

RS 3+4, +4 bitches!
I'm surprised that a combo thread for Raiden hasn't been started yet. Why is that?:confused: I thought I will start one; so we can have a database of sorts for people wanting to learn them. All contributions are welcome. Here are some I've been messing with.

Midscreen:

334~teleport, shocker, 334, superman(37%)
*note*
this combo also works in the corner minus the teleport.

b+312, dash, shocker, 3,3~vicinity blast~superman(34%)

f+4,dash, 334, superman(24%)

b+312, dash, shocker, 33~x-ray(44%)

334~teleport, shocker, 33~x-ray(46%)

NJP, dash, 3~shocker, 334, superman(31%)

corner combos
-----------------------
334, 33~vicinity blast, shocker, 33~x-ray(42%)

I take no credit in discovering these. I'm sure they were found by others before me. I'll post a few more later on.

JGG

Noob
Meterless in the corner I keep it easy with 334, 334, shocker, 334. 35%ish? Can't remember. Haven't found any higher damage combos that are worth not being able to get them out 100% of the time.

For an xray corner combo, I use the one tom brady posted about on his youtube.

Forward 24, down 1 shocker, forward 24, down 1 xray 51% (53% with jump in punch).

Loot

the special effects
Meterless in the corner I keep it easy with 334, 334, shocker, 334. 35%ish? Can't remember. Haven't found any higher damage combos that are worth not being able to get them out 100% of the time.

For an xray corner combo, I use the one tom brady posted about on his youtube.

Forward 24, down 1 shocker, forward 24, down 1 xray 51% (53% with jump in punch).
You can make the standard corner better using a slight modification by doing 334, 334, 22 Shocker, 334. Bumps it to 38%

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Here are a few I found out:

b3, 1, 2, df2+R1, bf3 - 6 hits (27% damage)
Jump punch, ff, b3, 1, 2, bf3 - 6 hits
Jump punch, ff, 3, 3, 4, bf3 - 6 hits
b3, 1, 2, df2+R1, b3, 1, 2 - 7 hits (28% damage)
b3, 1, 2, df2+R1, b3, 1, 2, bf3 - 9 hits (33% damage)

Wall combos
--------------
b3, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 2 - 10 hits (28%)

EnterTheGecko

RS 3+4, +4 bitches!
A lot of combos and input are put into the guide feedback thread, but a lot of character threads ask the same thing
I'm going along the way TZ has at least one thread dedicated to combos for x character. Its a bit easier for some people to find and try out combos in that fashion. Have you read Kitana's combo thread? That's quite an impressive database. That's what I was wanting to do here.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I'm going along the way TZ has at least one thread dedicated to combos for x character. Its a bit easier for some people to find and try out combos in that fashion. Have you read Kitana's combo thread? That's quite an impressive database. That's what I was wanting to do here.
Agreed. It's better to have it in a dedicated thread. It's easier to manage and find info that way.

There are ton of different ones you can do. It's really just a matter of what you feel comfortable doing. Please check out 2 of my combo videos that I did over the last few weeks and hopefully all you Raiden players will like them.

Since you all use Raiden, I won't bother to write the notations down for these, but if you have questions on something hit me up at my youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/IronicIcon4Tek6. A couple of my favorite combos are

3,3,4, teleport, 1, shocker, 3,3, vicinity blast, dash b+3, electric fly - 11 hits 38 points
3,3,4, teleport, 1, vicinity blast, dash 1, shocker, 3,3, electric fly - 11 hits 36 points
F+4, dash, shocker, 3,3, vicinity blast, dash, 3,3, electric fly - 9 hits 32 points
1,2,1, shocker, 1, vicinity blast, dash 1, vicinity blast, dash 1,2, electric fly - 12 hits 31 points
B+3,1,2, dash, 1, shocker, 3,3,4, electric fly - 10 hits 35 points

and combo video #2

I plan on making a corner combo one in the next few weeks and some enhanced combos as well so I may post that here as well. If I don't, be sure to subscribe to the channel for when I do upload those.

the best (and easiest) corner combo i've seen so far...

3, 3, 4 into 3, 3, 4, static grab, 3, 3, superman --- it's 35-37%

the only hard part is getting the superman to go off... your timing has to be perfect with the 3, 3 combo

R2FI

Noob
as a corner combo i use 334, 334, 33xxelectric grab, 33xxelectric fly.
i think this is 38, 39%

any way to burn some meter and boost the damage to 45, 50%?

Hello guys thanks for this great site however what does all the numbers mean? Sorry if its posted some where but i can not find it please help as i would like to improve my game :)

Is it just me or are these ridiculously hard to time. 334 teleport fine, then the shocker misses 90% of the time.

R2FI

Noob
pure training. you have to play around with the timing.
search the "ask raiden thread", there are some hints listed to that combo.

btw (just in case, lol), don't waste your time trying that combo online, way too unreliable.

my rai bnbs...

mid screen: b312, dash~b31~shocker, b31~superman (34%)
corner: 334~blast, 1~blast, 1~blast, 1212~shocker, 1212~superman

When doing 1~db2 (blast) you may get db1 instead of db2... Hold 1 for the jab while inputting db2. They kinda copied SF in a way that releasing a button during a special move input triggers in the same way as pressing it. Holding 1 prevents it from triggering after db.

R2F1, using meter does not increase the damage any of Rai's specials but does add a hit of armor.

I'm surprised that a combo thread for Raiden hasn't been started yet. Why is that?:confused: I thought I will start one; so we can have a database of sorts for people wanting to learn them. All contributions are welcome. Here are some I've been messing with.

Midscreen:

334~teleport, shocker, 334, superman(37%)
*note*
this combo also works in the corner minus the teleport.

b+312, dash, shocker, 3,3~vicinity blast~superman(34%)

f+4,dash, 334, superman(24%)

b+312, dash, shocker, 33~x-ray(44%)

334~teleport, shocker, 33~x-ray(46%)

NJP, dash, 3~shocker, 334, superman(31%)

corner combos
-----------------------
334, 33~vicinity blast, shocker, 33~x-ray(42%)

I take no credit in discovering these. I'm sure they were found by others before me. I'll post a few more later on.

Confused still :)

whats the b f and NJP mean.

Is there a link some where what all this means?

Solex

Noob
b=back f=forward d=down u=up n=neutral J=jump JP=jump punch and i think there are others but i foret them

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I find it's easier to hit f+2 and THEN shocker after the teleport in his BNB combo. With a JP starter, 3 3 4, teleport, F+2 shocker, 3 3 4 superman you have 40%. Not bad for a bread an butter.

In the corner, I go for flash over damage. With a JP starter go into 2 2 4, shocker, 2 2 4, 1 2 1 2 superman. 43% meterless. Good damage and looks fucking cool.

Loot

the special effects
Corner

334 4 334 33 Shocker 33 Superman 43%

Xray bumps is to 48%, not worth it.