What's new

Raiden: combo tech?

GhosT

Noob
I dont thin there is anyway this is new, because i remember before patches raiden was able to 21 shocker after 334 tele.

well when i picked up raiden and was looking thru all the combo threads, I first started working on 334 tele f2 shocker punish combo. The f2 was tricky until i learned the timing, at one point i was told about an easier way to get the shocker without f2, by using d1 you can time it easier and lose 1 percent damage. I started using both variations and got the execution down and it wasn't a problem to do either.

After taking a month and playing a ton of other characters i came back to raiden today to brush back up, i was sloppy dropping a lot of my bnb at first. a fuck up i had actually led me to realize something that may have been overlooked. I hit 1 after teleport and landed a shocker, finished the combo and said wtf. because i had no idea you could still link 1 to shocker.

I haven't seen B W1zZ or any other raidens use this variation for some odd reason, if so i overlooked it but thats why I'm posting this.

Has nobody figured this out since patch? or is there a reason for not doing it? I can't see why to not use it, the timing is easy, and off a simple punish its the same damage output as f2 shocker. also off a JIP you will get 1% extra damage when ending the combo with 334 superman, when you end the combo with f2 V blast b3 superman damage is the same with both 1 shocker and f2 shocker.

Let me know because i think I'm going to start using 1 shocker instead of f2 shocker, i don't see a reason not to. unless someone else here can share something with me i don't know.

Let me know, thanks

B W1zZ

Noob
I haven't seen B W1zZ or any other raidens use this variation for some odd reason, if so i overlooked it but thats why I'm posting this.
I actually do use this variation, but the timing is way more strict than F2 shocker. F2 is the way to go for consistency, since if you happen to miss the very small window on 334 tele 1 shocker your opening yourself up to punishment.

Albo

Noob
It's what i've been using ever since i got bored of using f2 months ago and i'm sure it's been common knowledge among many raiden players for a while. One less directional input i have to worry about:), not sure why it's not listed in the Kombo Kompendium though. As B W1zZ said though the timing is slightly stricter but if you practice it enough you'll get comfortable with it i'm sure.

EDIT: 1 is 9f and f2 is 12 but i think f2 just has a bigger, more convenient hitbox since it points down to where the opponent is usually falling unlike 1 so it it's easier to catch them falling.

GhosT

Noob
ok cool, thats why i haven't seen it, thats crazy because it feels like it was fairly easy to time. but 1% isn't worth getting full combo'ed

GhosT

Noob
It's what i've been using ever since i got bored of using f2 months ago and i'm sure it's been common knowledge among many raiden players for a while. One less directional input i have to worry about:), not sure why it's not listed in the Kombo Kompendium though. As B W1zZ said though the timing is slightly stricter but if you practice it enough you'll get comfortable with it i'm sure.
When i posted this i was pretty sure something so simple was known, i used the title to get some quick views in order to figure out why its not listed and what its cons may be. Plus its april fools day so what the hell. I think i may use this variation, because since i did it the first time by accident it seems quite easy for me. we will see where this goes.