What's new

Question - Inferno R.I.P. Inferno Scorpion

I sympathize with you because my character has also been over-normalized. Tanya players have been robbed of a seven frame armored launcher that was guaranteed to escape corners. Now we only have access to two armored EX special moves, one of which is an overhead and one of which is a low that launches. Well, the Pyromancer variation has another armored move, which is safe on block. So in total we only have three armored moves that we can use as wake up attacks.

Life is hard and unfair.
Tonfa slash as well 2 hits and breaks armor and puts them in 50/50 after df2 df1

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I thought before this you could kinda make it a 50/50 high low? Think the only way out was ex move.
It wasn't really a 50/50 but people had to look out for the overhead which made lesser players freak out. And 214>DB1 does 5% chip, 6.25% on jump in which people were afraid anti-air due to jump kick. But hey he apparently doesn't need it despite never being good lol

It wasn't really a 50/50 but people had to look out for the overhead which made lesser players freak out. And 214>DB1 does 5% chip, 6.25% on jump in which people were afraid anti-air due to jump kick. But hey he apparently doesn't need it despite never being good lol
I would say that was i bit too much... I think he was fine. I just picked up hell fire like a week ago and after being able to get two block strings out on occasion I gotta either rethink a game plan or just stay to one character... :-/

BloodyNights

I would say that was i bit too much... I think he was fine. I just picked up hell fire like a week ago and after being able to get two block strings out on occasion I gotta either rethink a game plan or just stay to one character... :-/
I just noticed that Inferno's bnb does less damage than it did before? I guess as a stealth nerf for some reason. His bnb now does 34% ending with a teleport, instead of 36%, and 35% ending with a mid demon, instead of 37%. I wonder what other changes I'll find if I keep going.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think i've stopped playing Inferno even after the first patch update. Its not like the Scorpion's community didn't warn that they wouldn't even care if Inferno was nerfed considering that variation was just like a damn flow chart.Time to completely forget about it though.

Now where did i left my buffed Ninjutsu Scorpion? I'm pretty sure i left someowhere here...

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You need to focus your rage on Hellfire my brother. I always felt like Inferno was a complete yolo variation anyways so it wouldn't really affect the way I play with him.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Why is Inferno bad? It's got the best anti-zoning and best meterless damage of all variations. It's not like it doesn't bring anything to the table. When Hellfire was the way it was before the patch I would've said there's no point to use Inferno when there is Hellfire. (I said the same about Ninjitsu too) But now that Hellfire is 'normalized' I'd say that's even more reason to stick with Inferno if that's what you're used to since it's not blown away by Hellfire variation anymore.

Hellfire got hit waaaaay harder than Inferno. The salt about this variation in this thread is baffling.

I'm actually torn about which variation is the best now. It's really interesting.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Why is Inferno bad? It's got the best anti-zoning and best meterless damage of all variations. It's not like it doesn't bring anything to the table. When Hellfire was the way it was before the patch I would've said there's no point to use Inferno when there is Hellfire. (I said the same about Ninjitsu too) But now that Hellfire is 'normalized' I'd say that's even more reason to stick with Inferno if that's what you're used to since it's not blown away by Hellfire variation anymore.

Hellfire got hit waaaaay harder than Inferno. The salt about this variation in this thread is baffling.

I'm actually torn about which variation is the best now. It's really interesting.
I just never liked the variation mostly because of hellfire was so much better like you stated. I mainly judged what was good or bad relative to my other options in the game. I didn't think inferno was anywhere near as good as hellfire. I remember your points on anti zoning though, I think it is good in that aspect and I shouldn't have used the word bad to describe inferno. I honestly always thought ninjitsu was better though especially now that it does a little more damage.

I can see more of a reason to use it now especially since it seems with these nerfs Scorpion may need to switch variations for certain matches. I can see it being very match up dependent like originally intended.

I don't see how the nerfs could have affected inferno outside of the combo changes. The stuff the OP was talking about is something I would never even use in a match.

BloodyNights

Best meterless damage? His main bnb is now only 34%? Unless I'm missing something both Ninjitsu, and Hellfire both outclass him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Who do you antizone in a game where you can count the good zoners in one mangled hand?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Ninjitsu now has 37% 1 bar off of b2. I didn't go crazy yet so he could have more.

b2, b2, b2, j3 xx teleport, j3 xx ex teleport, 21 xx spear, jip2, f4 xx teleport.

no bar is about 34%

BloodyNights

Off of what starter? He can get almost 40% meterless from what I remember.
Slips did you ignore that I said his damage was nerfed? He does less damage now, and it's from this combo.

214>DB3, 21>DB4, JIP, 4>BF1, JIP, 4>DB3 = 34%

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Combos harder to perform? Im sorry but Scorpion combos could be done with your eyes closed. Sorry Scorpion might require some brain power now
Don't get too cocky now, every combo in this game can be done with your eyes cosed. I do it all the time. Shit this game can be played with your eyes closed. NRS sound design top tier bro.

Anyway, back to Inferno.

Oh and to the op, play Ninjitsu?
:p

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Who do you antizone in a game where you can count the good zoners in one mangled hand?
Just because zoning isn't dominant in this game doesn't mean people don't try it or do it. Inferno Scorp is probably the best anti-zoner in the game. His footsies are meh but he still does good damage, standing reset, and decent vortex. There's definitely nothing wrong with it that's for sure.