What's new

Quitting online ranked

It's hard to tell how quitting works in this game because you have to go into the leaderboards to see your score which makes it hard to keep track. A lot of people have been rage quitting and I've noticed so far that if someone rage quits on you then you still get the bonuses for having a win streak but it resets your win streak on the leaderboards.

What I want to know is, if you rage quit in ranked:
1. Do you get a loss?
2. Does your opponent get a win?
3. Does your win streak end?
4. Does it affect your True Skill rank?

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
I'm not sure as I don't play ranked because it takes so long to get a game. I can confirm that if someone quits on you in a player match or KoTH your streak continues and you don't get a loss. (360)

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Why would you come into a thread about online records if YOU don't care about your online record? Please exit. Thank you.
Lol!

I have yet to actually "test" the streak thing so I can't confirm what happens 100%, but I don't think it affects the streak at all.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Some people only have online TO care about because they either:
a) Don't feel good enough to attend tournaments
b) Don't have the time to attend an offline scene
c) Don't have the money to go to tournaments
d) All or two of the above

No need to bash people who care about their online records.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
For you. Not for others. So save it. You sound like one of those offline elitist. Are you going to start telling me "If you haven't played offline you're nothing." next?
Online records dont show skill, gameplay does, stop putting words in my mouth.

and no, i play offline once a week and the rest is online. i played MK9 online for 2 years and have over 12k games and currently am at the top in the european highscores.

but it still dont mean shit.

every player that comes here is bound to be good in some way, whether it is improving on your own or watching tips and incorporating them in your gameplay, online does produce top tier players but all im saying is that good players arent to be judged by records.

youre taking this as bashing online players, im bashing RECORDS.

Online records dont show skill, gameplay does, stop putting words in my mouth.

and no, i play offline once a week and the rest is online. i played MK9 online for 2 years and have over 12k games and currently am at the top in the european highscores.

but it still dont mean shit.

every player that comes here is bound to be good in some way, whether it is improving on your own or watching tips and incorporating them in your gameplay, online does produce top tier players but all im saying is that good players arent to be judged by records.

youre taking this as bashing online players, im bashing RECORDS.
Who cares if it takes skill or not to get an online record?

There aren't many tournaments around where I live so I mainly play online. It gets boring playing with no record because you're not getting anything out of playing. The reason I care about online records is because it makes the game more fun as you're getting something back from it. It also gives you a reason to try harder because no one likes losing, especially when everyone can see that you've lost.

To make things short having an online record makes things more fun because losing matters and the leaderboards give you something to compete for. If the records kept are incorrect then it ruins that.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but fuck off take your offline elitist bullshit with you because no one cares.

Thanks.

Invincibeast

Stay Free

There aren't many tournaments around where I live so I mainly play online. It gets boring playing with no record because you're not getting anything out of playing. The reason I care about online records is because it makes the game more fun as you're getting something back from it. It also gives you a reason to try harder because no one likes losing, especially when everyone can see that you've lost.

To make things short having an online record makes things more fun because losing matters and the leaderboards give you something to compete for. If the records kept are incorrect then it ruins that.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but fuck off take your offline elitist bullshit with you because no one cares.

Thanks.
Could have left that last sentence out for a great, civil, response...

Come on guys, no need for drama up in here, lets work together instead. We're all on this site for the same reason.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Thanks.
Again, not elitist, youre getting way to defensive when i say lag affects online records so they dont mean anything? they might mean something to you, thats your opinion and you have a right to it, it also doesnt mean its a fact.
i also said this before i even knew i had an offline scene FYI.

if you want to discuss tis further pm me, this topic was made for other reasons and i do apologise for derailing it

Komatose

The Prettiest
Could have left that last sentence out for a great, civil, response...

Come on guys, no need for drama up in here, lets work together instead. We're all on this site for the same reason.
Work.. Together? What is that?

Again, not elitist, youre getting way to defensive when i say lag affects online records so they dont mean anything? they might mean something to you, thats your opinion and you have a right to it, it also doesnt mean its a fact.
Lol @ Lag effects online records especially in this game. I bet you only 1 out of every 10 people you talk to will say this game lags and that's because they have crap internet and won't admit it. You didn't even take anything the guy said into consideration. Seriously gtfo...

if you want to discuss tis further pm me, this topic was made for other reasons and i do apologise for derailing it
I'm not getting defensive about anything. I posted 4 yes or no questions. I just don't care whether you like records or not. This thread is for people to answer these questions. Not a place for you to come and act condescending because you don't like ranked.