What's new

General/Other - Raiden Quick analysis of displacers viability and comparison to TG

Which is his best variation right now?

• Thunder God

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Displacer

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Master of bills

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
so I think i didn't show it in the video but b11du and f24du are -7/8 after a teleport on block and are +2 after a LRC in Thunder God.what I didn't cover in the video is the anti-zoning capabilities and full screen punish factors which need to be considered also.this isn't something that can be dismissed easily as irrelevant because raiden has always been using block strings into teleport for pressure. I'm expecting someone to say 'but EX teleport is + so they'll be afraid to poke out'...the thing is that the recovery difference between regular and EX teleport is so large that displacer can do a string after ex teleport before you've even reacted to the teleport therefore if you have time to press a button you'll be punishing displacer every time and if he does the ex you just have to eat a string or 50/50 but he's spent a bar just to be safe.

Edit:he has 1 safe string into teleport which is f22+4 which is ~+2 on block with or without teleport

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I still don't know enough to speak definitively on it, but Displacer seems to have at least gained considerable ground.

I think this will be bigger online than in head-to-head tournaments, kind of like Infernal Scorpion.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
So is it gunna be like pick displacer for zoners and tg for everyone else?
I'd only consider displacer as a last resort tbh,not many people know how to fight against displacer so I'd hope to overwhelm them but I have stronger secondaries of other characters so it's not a common occurance

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I still don't know enough to speak definitively on it, but Displacer seems to have at least gained considerable ground.

I think this will be bigger online than in head-to-head tournaments, kind of like Infernal Scorpion.
I think it would be fairer if he was -2/3 on his safest strings(recovers 5 frames faster) that way at least he's not being punished after every teleport but he's not broken good because his teleports still not + and he's still punishable on some strings like 34
Edit:not as much as 5 frames because that would make f2 2+4 +7 on block but at least another 2/3 frames so he's more safe

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
It would be cool if they gave him more hit advantage on some strings so he can teleport and follow up with more normals like f2 4 xx Tele into 214 ex shocker etc. Would be dope. F2+24 tele is his his only + string into Tele he needs more!

Mod

Noob
The thing is you can mix a far teleport then do a superman punish for a wiffed normal. Or just do shocker instead of teleport to catch people pressing buttons. The way i see it, you have to make them afraid of pushing buttons since they dont know what your going to do.