What's new

Question for the Black Ops 2 Experts on TYM

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
How the hell do I get higher scores, and better K/D? I know the maps, my accuracy is good, (around 18% with smgs and a bit highers with assault rifles.) and my fundamentals are good. I swear its almost as though I just have bad luck. How do guys regularly do so well? Im positive, but only by a little. 1.11 or so. My biggest issue is that the opposing team VERY regularly seems to have a huge advantage connection wise. I dont know if it has to do with who is hosting the game or my connection particularly, but I am constantly losing close quarter gun fights because the opponent has a good 1-2 second head start. Ill walk around a corner and drop dead and not even know what happened.. Then I watch the kill cam and it shows me stand there while my opponent has all day to shoot me in the face.. sometimes Ill get shots off and hit markers, and in the kill cam my oppenent never gets hit. Is it possible that my connection is holding me back? I have a 10MBps cable internet connection, with a 38 ms ping, and jitter around 8 ms.. Or is it Just the game? I want to get better, but im not really sure how. Any advice?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If you have a shitty 2 bar connection, touching 3 and the opponent all have 4, don't waste your time. A dead give away would be a random guy with ''Snipes'' or ''killa'' or ''pwnd'' in his gamer tag sitting on 4 bars with 27-3 K/D.

But basically in TDM, it looks like everyone runs around like headless chickens, butj ust look at the traffic patterns that set in right away, and learn to work them until you eventually die, and, don't follow traffic patterns if your team is on the losing end of it, just get a good grip of how to read maps and common traffic patterns and you will be fine, of course against good ''teams'' this won't happen often (entire game traffic pattens), and if a pattern is established, it won't be for long before it moves and moves again in a matter of 5 kills.

Also, always take quickdraw as one of your perks and permanently unlock ghost on the first chance you get.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
What kinda tv you play on?

What class(es) do you use?
I have several set ups using the pdw, and several set ups using the type 25. no opticals, all iron sites. I also dabble with the DSR 50, and the R-870 from time to time.. but the pdw and type 25 are definetly my go to guns. I play on a 46" Samsung LED. The first model samsung put out that was super slim.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
If you have a shitty 2 bar connection, touching 3 and the opponent all have 4, don't waste your time. A dead give away would be a random guy with ''Snipes'' or ''killa'' or ''pwnd'' in his gamer tag sitting on 4 bars with 27-3 K/D.

But basically in TDM, it looks like everyone runs around like headless chickens, butj ust look at the traffic patterns that set in right away, and learn to work them until you eventually die, and, don't follow traffic patterns if your team is on the losing end of it, just get a good grip of how to read maps and common traffic patterns and you will be fine, of course against good ''teams'' this won't happen often (entire game traffic pattens), and if a pattern is established, it won't be for long before it moves and moves again in a matter of 5 kills.

Also, always take quickdraw as one of your perks and permanently unlock ghost on the first chance you get.
Thank you for the advice, I will definetly try to be more weary of traffic patterns. As far as quick draw and ghost go.. I did in fact unlock ghost permanently after my first prestige, espcially since my go to guns are unlocked almost right off the bat. I have the quick draw handle equipped on some medium assault run and gun classes i have set up, as well as the laser for steady aim, as in most cases i start shooting from the hit slightly before i scope in. I find this help my accuracy.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
See if there's a game mode or something that helps with input lag.

As far as classes. Try using lightweight, toughness, and dexterity as perks. For attachments try quickdraw, and if you're using smg's add grip as well. You should have no trouble getting the jump on people with the stuff I listed

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
See if there's a game mode or something that helps with input lag.

As far as classes. Try using lightweight, toughness, and dexterity as perks. For attachments try quickdraw, and if you're using smg's add grip as well. You should have no trouble getting the jump on people with the stuff I listed
Thanks man, I will look at that for sure. Would be incredible if that was a big part of my problem. If you check the comment above in response to UsedForGlue: I gave a little more info about class set ups i use. How do you feel about the laser (steady aim) as an attatchment?

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
Thanks man, I will look at that for sure. Would be incredible if that was a big part of my problem. If you check the comment above in response to UsedForGlue: I gave a little more info about class set ups i use. How do you feel about the laser (steady aim) as an attatchment?

I personally dont fire from hip unless I'm right on the person in a hallway or something. Never really messed with it.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
first of all LBSH if you play this game on console its the most scrubbiest gameplay ever. It is not hard at all to get crazy ass killstreaks.

If you want XP play domination and spawnkill. thats all there is to it.

Protip: this works for all recent Call of Duty games.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Smg's run this game. Assualt rifles get the job done but increased walking speed from a SMG is essential for getting first shot. These are the only guns that I recommend. Smg's: PDW, MSMC, MP7 Assualt rifles: Type 25, M27, M8A1. Lightweight and ghost are a must, especially lightweight. Try using the extra perk one wildcard to use both of them. Toughness for perk 2 is great and you should try using Tactical Mask for the 3rd slot so you don't have to deal with shock charges or stun grenades. Lastly try using the PDW with long barrel and maybe a grip. (SMG's reload slightly quicker than AR's) You get the range of an assault rifle and the walking speed of a SMG. :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
For higher scores and scorestreaks, play Kill Confirmed. I was always having trouble hitting anything above the AGR, but now I constantly get higher streaks like the Stealth Chopper and above because of the added dogtag bonuses.

CRUM

Noob
Shotgun w/ Laser Sight and Long Barrel. Play Demolition and try to get Hijacked and hang around the enemy spawn. Your K/D will increase in no time.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
SMG's on small maps seem OP.
If your gettin ripped from smgs on the smaller maps, try using the r870 with laser sight<< Which is basically steady aim. Also use quick draw , toughness, light weight.. I've had b2 for about 3 days so im still learning as I go ;)

Instead of screaming at campers, watch what they do ( if there's a video mode ). "Campers lol" succeeders huge scores because the deliberately stay out of danger and for the most part keep out of danger and obtain certain amount of control over the match and the other player.
The secret to successes I'm MW is to occupy as much space as possible and make people come to you.
Every section on a MW map will have either 3 exits or 2 exists and a peak hole and every position has a hard counter in some way. It is important to learn your levels from top to bottom because this means there is a right and a wrong way to approach every single area give the situation of that game space.

Being a team player is being a good zoner. get a good feel for effective LOS ( line of site ) positions on the map, normally high verticality positions are hard to counter because how much space you can see and cover, more possible exits and fewer entrances. The more you are able to safely see the more map you have direct control over. Take note of what your team mates can see. The only thing covering his counter is you. Imagine if you and a friend were back to back in the middle of an open field, you may find that you will get a reasonable amount of successes because your partner is making sure bull shit can't happen and vice versa. Think of your LOS as space you control. Keep your eyes open, consider that anything can happen at any given time. So keep moving, but just to the next safe safest area. Take your time.

Making players come to you is the real skill to master. There is a lot of area control zoning me mechanics in MW. Kill streaks are of course the number one thing to make player move positions. you could be holding your ground in a fire fight extremely well but all the sudden a air strike is inbound and you will be forced to move witch will get you shot. That is the game of MW in a nut shell. Grenades cover space and force players to make a split decision, when this happens to you, you will have to know which way to run safely. Knowing where your teammates will save your life in these scenarios. Bullets are zoning tools too, all it takes is a single non lethal shot to the foot to make some on change their mind.

Take note of spawning behaviours in fps games. It is key to knowing where to go next and stringing together more kills. Getting spawned killed isn't unfair in any way! Understand that someone on there team is aware of the combat puzzle. So basically your own team is killing you.

I hope I'v explained this clearly lol. have fun laying waste

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Lightweight is a terrible perk considering the random explosives all over the place or the amount of UAV's come out in one match.

Another thing: Don't worry about k/d's at all. It's just like online record matters in MK. Fucking nonsense.

LEGEND

YES!
it sounds like the main problem is your TV.

And these anti LW and Pro Ghost tips are not generally helpful. It all depends on the Game Mode, and using other items to balance things out

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Lightweight is a terrible perk considering the random explosives all over the place or the amount of UAV's come out in one match.

Another thing: Don't worry about k/d's at all. It's just like online record matters in MK. Fucking nonsense.
Lightweight is actually one of the best perks in Blops2. And unlike fighting games, worrying about how good your k/d is in any shooter can make you better player. If you always set yourself to a high standard it's more than likely going to stick. But worrying about your k/d too much can take away from the fun factor :/

McNasty

Moist.
I have been doing the same shit since cod2 just stay on the outskirts of anymap you can and play hit and run kill someone leave immediately while reloading move to the next camp spot or choke point. Ads around everything to get the drop on people. When im using the type 25 I have to have stock attatched to even come close to dealing with smgs up close. To be honest though k/d doesnt mean a damn thing thats like mk9 online. Ill take a negative k/d anyday to be a clutch snd player.