What's new

Question about NW offense

Lou Kang

Noob
hey ive been lurking the NW forums trying to figure out the game, but im havng trouble making the switch to injustice. Im just generally having a hardtime initiating offense in the game, and since NW is who i picked to learn the game, im wondering what everyone does???
i just dont get how to initiate from neutral position and how to maintain pressure...i think im still stuck to some mk pressure principles like dash ins and low pokes

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
With Nightwing, dash in's and low pokes are a good start. I usually like to counter the opponent depending on what they're doing. If they do something unsafe, you can b 2 into a combo as a punish. Also F213 string is safe and a good way to start pressure. Mix up the f213 with other things like low pokes /db3 "escrima mode" into crossup overhead knockdowns. When you start getting a feel for him, opening people up is decently easy with 30%+ combos. Read his frame trap thread to help with maintaining pressure. If any of this is inaccurate feel free to let me know.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Strings or normals that have good range that can be cancelled into staff are your best option for getting in.

Escrima:
B2
F213
B112

Staff pokes that have great range that can e cancelled into DB2 MB will give you a free B3 which will either open them up with a wall bounce or give you enough frame advantage to ji2
Staff:
1F1
1B1
1D1

I'm sorry the Nightwing threads are so poorly managed, but if you go reading through them there's a lot you can pick up.

I recommend you read, "Wanna order Chinese? Nightwing Frame Traps" for the best information on how to bait your opponent into pressing buttons when they shouldn't.

Lou Kang

Noob
i have read through them but i still wasent getting ne picture of how to initiate....i know the real issue is just putting in the hours but i havent had time lately and im trying to make up for that with some basic info

Vagrant

Noob
Lol it seems my heart does truly belong to MK.

When I first read this thread I was like. "Oh someone has a question about Nightwolfs offense?"

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
i have read through them but i still wasent getting ne picture of how to initiate....i know the real issue is just putting in the hours but i havent had time lately and im trying to make up for that with some basic info
Yup. Gonna have to know the appropriate time to use these strings. There is no dash blocking, so you're not getting in for free.

Gotta earn every inch in Injustice. Unless you're name is Batman getting in is gonna be work.