What's new

Question about buffs/nerfs

I'm just wondering, why is it on this site that you see "NERF __________" in characters forums that have quirks to their matchups. ie Doomsday with his unblockables, and 5050 setups. I don't believe he needs nerfs, I believe people need to learn matchups. Where as certain things DID need fixing; the backlash around here was crazy.

I played MK albeit I hung out more on the SF side. We all wanted Cammy/Akuma nerfed but you didn't see threads about it. Nor did you see people who really have no idea what they're talking about deciding the buffs/nerfs.

The only time SF seemed to get balanced (for better or for worse) was when glaringly unbalanced stuff would occur. Not when people had difficulties dealing with quirks of certain matchups.

I just wonder if some of these people have played other fighting games, or if they're just aiming to have one generic character with no scumbag tactics or mindgames related?

With that said, I'm not calling anybody out in this thread, because there are a ton of knowledgable players on this site.

Is this just a case of one or two bad apples making the whole case look bad?

Or is balance complaining just a TYM quirk that I must get used to?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
The only problem i have with nerfs/buffs is NRS. When they buff characters they seem to buff pointless things that don't really help the character at all in it's problems areas but when they nerf they either do nothing or destroy the character completely (raiden,deathstroke ect.)

Ah, so it's kinda like SRK post SF4 launch, and that stuff will calm down in the coming months. I just didn't notice anything of this magnitude since MK started (minus the Kabal stuff, which was warranted.)

The only problem i have with nerfs/buffs is NRS. When they buff characters they seem to buff pointless things that don't really help the character at all in it's problems areas but when they nerf they either do nothing or destroy the character completely (raiden,deathstroke ect.)
It's not even the nerfs/buffs it's just that you see certain people saying

THESE CHARACTERS NEED NERFS

THESE CHARACTERS NEED BUFFS.

Where as, if they got all of those wishes the game would be unbalanced because the buffed characters would likely end up being the ones needing nerfs the next time sending off an endless cycle of nerfing/buffing. I believe that certain characters need buffs but we shouldn't be talking about nerfing characters.

I believe in having all characters have their maximum potential showed, not crippling certain characters at the expense at others. (and no, i don't mean deathstroke, yall are still aight.)

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
You have a great point but i started my crusade to get flash buffed. Iv'e seen many threads about buffs while flash goes unnoticed so I decided to cry and whine until there's some equality. I'm just following everyone else but yea that's TYM for ya

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I think most of the reason people were freaking out a little at first about Doomsday is he's a very simple and easy character to play, he doesn't have fancy set up's or excessively long combos, but great specials and his trait it great he gets results for an easier style of gameplay. Which made him seem way above average at first when people had only been playing a week and didn't know how to play against him really. He's still a great character, but doesn't need any nerfs IMO.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Killer frost is the most broken character in this game everything else is fine except a -4 slide that leads to a standing reset into a 50/50.