What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi's variation descriptions - Sorcerer/Warlock/Summoner. Which dark side will you choose?

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
I'm really interested in the frame data & cool down on the demon attacks. This might be really good if the demon attack is plus on block, & if the cooldown is really short. Other than that, the Sorcerer variation seems the best, especially if you have the opponent in the corner with the extra chip damage.

Warlock looks awesome too, & seems like the perfect counterpick to a Freddy Kreuger type character.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The increased chip damage is cool but obviously temporary(for balance reasons)

I'm curious about Warlock since i'm a zoner so sign me up to try that variation at least :) The summoner I have no interest in and Sorcerer seems to be the most hyped variation, so I'll try out Warlock. :)

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
^ i wonder if xrays will do more damage by themselves and/or in combos, or they'll be the same if it makes sense with the rest of the gameplay. xray/super damage was one of the things they got a lot of heat for in the last 2 games.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
This character just looks broken as fuck, I just have that gut feeling so i'm still going to voice my opinion to nerf him.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
This character just looks broken as fuck, I just have that gut feeling so i'm still going to voice my opinion to nerf him.
i wouldn't worry too much about it. zatanna also looked gdlk in her trailer and look what happened there. i don't think they've even begun balancing the game yet. i know it's our instinct as gamers to analyze the gameplay, but everything we see right now is pretty much just for show.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm really interested in the frame data & cool down on the demon attacks. This might be really good if the demon attack is plus on block, & if the cooldown is really short. Other than that, the Sorcerer variation seems the best, especially if you have the opponent in the corner with the extra chip damage.

Warlock looks awesome too, & seems like the perfect counterpick to a Freddy Kreuger type character.
I read somewhere it doesn't have cooldown.

babalook

Noob
I read somewhere it doesn't have cooldown.
In the video both the low bat and the bat fireball both required no animation from quan, so think of those attacks like sinestro's trait shot. In other words both are going to be extremely plus on block, he's going to have safe 50/50's that lead into another 50/50 on block.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's probably because no one knows what the chip damage in MKX is going to be like. We've asked for people who said they were going to play the game to find any info on chip damage, but they are never able to. Mostly all of the footage we've ever seen doesn't have anyone blocking anything.
There was a footage from Moscow expo (Igromir) with Scorpion and Subs fighting. There was some blocking going on occasionally. I think you can try to figure out about chip from there.
Too lazy to find a link right now, sorry.

Warlock looks so amazing.

Portals!

Portals!

Portals!

Portals!
Tbh Warlock was a letdown for me. I think I've said it already, but when I heard people hyping up "Portals! Portal combos!" I imagined that he can create some sort of actual portals. You know, static things you can enter and reappear at another one, like some sort of pocket mobility interactibles.

I though to myself, well, if fucking Divekick did that already, why can't MK do the same? Nice to see NRS being brave and trying to work with interesting ideas.

Then I got to see trailer and ugh... So basically a launching string... Generic teleport attack... Okay, not so generic looking ranged attacks. If anything, Sorcerer looks less trivial right now. With less visual swag, but still.

I cannot deny that everything Warlock does is visually hilarious AF though. Would totally like to see him in action once the game is out. Then again, this is true for most characters out there for me.