What's new

Video/Tutorial - Quan Chi Quan Chi full tutorial by gibster !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibster13

A fan of fans
When I find the time,which won't be long at all, I will make a full tutorial on how to use and win with Quan Chi. This thread will include that of Best moves and strings, Combos,Spacing,zoning and overall strategy. I want this Quan Chi thead to help everyone and to be a bit more organised so it is easier for the Quan-ommunity to know what to do.This is intended to help both people who are starting and those who are godlike. I hope you look forward to what will come. This is combined tech form Wonder_Chef, Ketchup,other Quans and my own :D

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
I disagree with your comment about d2. Great to counter pressure and one of the best aas. I suggest using it wisely
Hmmmmmmm I politely disagree. To counter pressure I prefer d3. It is safer I think. It is a good aa tho, I have not proof read the guide yet.

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans

I'm all for helping the Quan community, but you need some to ease it up if you're trying to teach people my variation by only telling them 3 combos.
Yeah I don't play them it is pretty obvious :D and it isn't done at all I just put it up now so I can change it later. I have little time atm but choose to at least put something out

nice! Really help me out. I wish their more like these in the other threads. I'm doing better with him. I just need to adjust to leading puggles into high combos.

Some combos do not have optimized damage ( you can get a couple more percent of damage with the same combo progression) and I don't see a single mentioning of the vortex!!!!!!! WTF?! Every Summonner Quan (as well as Sorcerer and Warlock when they have got meter) should always go for the vortex out of any combo into trance, unless of course ending the combo will kill the opponent or if the opponent is easily zoned or you are going for a set up with a spell.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Some combos do not have optimized damage ( you can get a couple more percent of damage with the same combo progression) and I don't see a single mentioning of the vortex!!!!!!! WTF?! Every Summonner Quan (as well as Sorcerer and Warlock when they have got meter) should always go for the vortex out of any combo into trance, unless of course ending the combo will kill the opponent or if the opponent is easily zoned or you are going for a set up with a spell.
It's no where near done dw... The vortex will come

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Im trying to slowly work the vortex out of my game because i have a gut feeling it wont be around for too long. right now ill do one hard MIxup just to add 20% to my combo.

Ill also use it when im way down on health just to be a cheap fuck :)

Im trying to slowly work the vortex out of my game because i have a gut feeling it wont be around for too long. right now ill do one hard MIxup just to add 20% to my combo.

I don't think they will go as far as removing the vortex all together. And again I think with time people will agree that Quan is fine the way he is now, but of course it will be too late and he will have been nerfed to oblivion by that time)

mfkaoz

Banned

Im doing the same thing now. I know the bat is gonna get nerfed hard so im trying not to rely on it as much.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I don't think they will go as far as removing the vortex all together. And again I think with time people will agree that Quan is fine the way he is now, but of course it will be too late and he will have been nerfed to oblivion by that time)
The more people I play the more Mixups get blocked. I think its an adaptation thing. But if they feel the need to nerf him I think a fair nerf would be to take away the ability to call bat during trance, but give him full armor on skydrop because the bat isnt just nerfing the vortex, its also taking away significant damage

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
The more people I play the more Mixups get blocked. I think its an adaptation thing. But if they feel the need to nerf him I think a fair nerf would be to take away the ability to call bat during trance, but give him full armor on skydrop because the bat isnt just nerfing the vortex, its also taking away significant damage
I was gonna say that the bat could use some restrictions, maybe a time limit between bats, but I'd hate it if they nerfed him in a way that shut down his other two variations. I'm really happy with the way warlock was designed, and I really don't wanna go back to Ermac if I lose my vortex.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I've had a hell of a time dropping the vortex/combos against actual people. I can keep my cool against the AI just fine, but for some reason I always seem to mess up the input for or miss time the trance. Any help on keeping calm against online/real life opponents?

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
Not sure if this is the right place, but I've had a hell of a time dropping the vortex/combos against actual people. I can keep my cool against the AI just fine, but for some reason I always seem to mess up the input for or miss time the trance. Any help on keeping calm against online/real life opponents?
Depends on what you're doing (too late or early). I suggest finding a spar partner and grinding out as many games as you can. When you mess up try and figure out what is going wrong. Force yourself to slow down on the inputs and slowly work them into your memory until you can speed up to the point where it works. Then when you can get it down solid you can worry more about your opponent and not both things.

If you need any more specific help match footage or more detail would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.