What's new

General/Other Q&A with Kung Lao

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I can do the 112 spin divekick to the forward 3 into xray or another spin.
With spin it is only 21% tough
Kung has to spend meter to get damage. I think the combo was something like 112 spin, 1,1, enhanced hat throw (not low hat), 1,1,2,4,3+1,2

LK-520

Noob
But when my oppenent is in the corner and i do a spin than i do a dive kick but how can i do the second dive kick fast?
For corner dive kicks, wait a moment after the first jumpkick to do the first divekick, then after landing jump backward with a kick, wait again, and divekick. That's how I do it, at least.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I can do the 112 spin divekick to the forward 3 into xray or another spin.
With spin it is only 21% tough
Try....jump in punch,1 1 2, spin, dive kick, dash 2, ex hat toss, dash 1, dash 1, dash 2 4 grab(or 1+3), 2 at the end of the grab. If the last input comes out because there's a small window you can get it to work....it'll do 40% exactly.

Like what strategy should I use ,what are the best BnB combos, and stuff like that.. I really would appreciate it. i think it might be my controller because i play horrible with him i cant even get wins with him in the Hard Ladder.. thanks alot
Just spam spin when op is jumping, crossingup, poking, trying to use frametraps, pressuring you on wakeup. And low hats.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Old as fk thread but I have a question so I guess this is where it goes. How much disadvantage or advantage is KL at after his roll on block? Im playing online and I block a roll so I think ok cool shall I try punishing this? Get spun. OK then block another go for poke get spun again. Is this just because of online that spin's beating out pokes or does he have that much advantage or little disadvantage?

I guess I can just block but then i'm open up to low hat and other mixups I guess.

Having trouble doing kombos

Hey, so I really like playing KL but I just seem to fail at doing kombos.
The longest and most damageing kombo I can do is the 112spin njp EN Hat toss jkdk. which does 33% with jip or 30 without one. The thing is that I can't do any other kombo that does around that amount of damage and, I find the jip 112spin jkdk to be the easiest kombo that's worth using as a BnB when I don't really need to do a longer one but I always seem to forget it and use d2 instead of jkdk. So basically I'm looking for any kind of advice or better/easier BnB kombo or someone that can help me out/teach me some basice BnB's and longer kombos. Otherwise if I get stuck not being able to better kombos I will eventually have to pick up another character which I prefere not to.

TYVM in advance, best regards Zurek1337

Try this one.

jip, 1, 1, 2, spin, jk, dive kick, dash 1, en hat throw, dash 1, dash 2, 4, 1+3.

Or the same thing but do b3, 3, spin in the beginning if the opponent is blocking high.

If someone jumps at you and you get them with AA spin, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 2, 4, 1+3

Most people seem to be using 1, 1, 2, spin jk, dive kick, roll, spin. (or again b3, 3 in the beginning)

Or you can always just start it with a spin.

Try this one.

jip, 1, 1, 2, spin, jk, dive kick, dash 1, en hat throw, dash 1, dash 2, 4, 1+3.

Or the same thing but do b3, 3, spin in the beginning if the opponent is blocking high.

If someone jumps at you and you get them with AA spin, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 2, 4, 1+3

Most people seem to be using 1, 1, 2, spin jk, dive kick, roll, spin. (or again b3, 3 in the beginning)

Or you can always just start it with a spin.
I like the last one it's easy and does quite okay damage (nailed it in 15-20 min yay), but the other one, I just can't land any dash 1 with KL or any other character in this game, I always miss. So instead of dashing I thought lets mix both of your kombos into one kombo, so here we go:
jip 1 1 2 spin njk EN hat throw jk dk roll spin, it is somewhat easier to do and it does around 40% damage with the jip. What do you think?

yep, that works too. :)

The dash 1 is kinda hard to get in the one I showed you, that ones looks like it's more practical.

Like you said, that jk dk roll spin is what alot of kl players use because it's as easy as it is.

I'm having serious problems doing many of KL's kombos so I figured out a quite easy kombo which can be used instead of the dash kombos.
jip 112 spin njk EN hat throw jk dk roll spin, it is somewhat easier to do than dash kombos and it does around 39% damage with the jip. When trying to do this kombo the jk dk part should be almost "connected" like they were the same string, further exp: JK DK should hit almost exactly at the same time.
I now have problems landing the roll spin because I don't exactly know how to time the roll spin but I used to nail it everytime yesterday. It's just me
OT: I'm also thinking of dropping KL because I really can't nail his kombos correctly but I know that I will miss his SPIN if I drop him! I just can't live without it. I also just started to like his costumes, and he has one of the coolest fatality imo in this game :D
Hope this helps, since this is the best I could do.

Wrathchild

Land Stander
I'd say just keep at it man. I found the timing on the EN throw when you get the dash punch in to be lenient. If you can't seem to get it try to slow down your inputs a bit that might be messing you up. I think the hardest part of that combo is the timing on the end with the 2,4,1+3...online I usually just uppercut instead.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Stupid 2 input after 2, 3, 1+3

I'm having trouble landing the 2 after 2, 4, 1+3

I cannot for the life of me figure out this input window. I can only get it to land by chance alone, it's completely inconsistent. I've only ever had luck by mashing the hell out of 2 over and over and it still wont come out all the time. What is the trick here? Anyone got a tip?

EDIT: sorry, I meant 2,4, 1+3

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I figured out the timing on it. As soon as he grabs his leg, I press 2 a few times and he looks up and launches him every time. It's quite easy, just practice practice practice and you will get it. It's not a fast JF. Do 2, 4, then wait until he grabs the leg, then mash 2 if you need to

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It's a just frame input... You can mash it, and as long as you're mashing on the just frame, you're good.