What's new

PxP A F0xy Grampa Wins MKXL at Hypespotting V

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
top 8 was amazing.

madzin versus tekken master was godlike. Best pop off ever!

really happy with getting top 16, gonna keep working. Everyone was chill, good times.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
The top 8 was hype and the tournament lived up to its name.

- most consistent and solid players were Foxy Grampa & @HoneyBee

- most hype players were Tekken Masters and @Madzin @Nivek (( his raiden is always entertaining to watch ))

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Very good showing from a lot of people, not just top 8 placers. Kind wish we could see K&M in tournaments more often, they always bring really solid fundamentals.

Btw I thought cyrax and CSZ were bottom 1 and -1 respectively?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
GG's to everyone I played. I had a great time and it was awesome meeting some of the Scotland scene :D

Hoping to see some of you at the France tournament in May.

E

Eldriken

Some folks sure were salty about F0xy "spamming" b12. I was just glad to see his Mileena in action after hearing so much about it. Good job to everyone in Top 8.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
What a weekend :) Got out of pools and made top 16 but losers was a stacked path! Didn't switch out from Spectral against @UsedForGlue and paid the price! Ggs though bro and was great to meet you and the rest of you guys.

Whens the next one?!
Your match to get into top 16 was so hype. Down to DA WIRE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Updated the OP with archive for top 16 to top 8 and top 8 onwards!
Respoting from the other thread:

Ketchup and Mustard said on stream that the Madzin vs HoneyBee match meant MKXL Cup qualifier as F0xy already had Viennality but... do we know if it's the first qualifier that he wins that counts? Madzin was 2nd place at Viennality IIRC.

Just curious about the rules.
Well yeah, why wouldn't the first qualifier he won count? Lol

Technically this means F0xy is representing Austria even though he's from the UK and Honeybee is representing the UK even though he's from Canada. This is going to be an even weirder MKXL Cup than last year lol.

Lokheit

Noob
Updated the OP with archive for top 16 to top 8 and top 8 onwards!

Well yeah, why wouldn't the first qualifier he won count? Lol

Technically this means F0xy is representing Austria even though he's from the UK and Honeybee is representing the UK even though he's from Canada. This is going to be an even weirder MKXL Cup than last year lol.
Thanks for the info! I was curious about the possibility of Foxy choosing which one he uses as a qualifier (meaning he could represent UK instead of Austria) but I guess that would mean letting him pick the other player and could be unfair for HoneyBee.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
Does anyone know how Mustard is hitting 4 hover bomb combos when the patch notes literally say the max is 3? Also, with the new timing, we don't have time to hit them into a bomb after a net, how is he doing this? Am I the only Cyrax player that saw this?!?! Or did they not have the new patch for Hypespotting. Then again Mustard tweeted out "top 8 with a nerfed Cyrax" I'm so confused... Here is a link to the 4 AIR bomb combo. Here is a link to the patch notes. Someone please help lol.

Last edited:

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Does anyone know how Mustard is hitting 4 hover bomb combos when the patch notes literally say the max is 3? Also, with the new timing, we don't have time to hit them into a bomb after a net, how is he doing this? Am I the only Cyrax player that saw this?!?! Or did they not have the new patch for Hypespotting. Then again Mustard tweeted out "top 8 with a nerfed Cyrax" I'm so confused... Here is a link to the 4 bomb combo. Here is a link to the patch notes. Someone please help lol.
When Ketchup was commentating he mentioned Cyrax being nerfed days before Hypespotting so it had to have been the current patch. I never mained or fought a Cyrax at Mustard's level obviously but maybe it's some tech to come out in a video later or something. But I'm 99% sure he played in the current patch which is still impressive to make top 8 with a almost brand new character considering how hard that patch hit the borgs.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
When Ketchup was commentating he mentioned Cyrax being nerfed days before Hypespotting so it had to have been the current patch. I never mained or fought a Cyrax at Mustard's level obviously but maybe it's some tech to come out in a video later or something. But I'm 99% sure he played in the current patch which is still impressive to make top 8 with a almost brand new character considering how hard that patch hit the borgs.
Yeh you're right, I checked the damage scaling and that combo used to do 40%. It just shouldn't exist with the 3 hover bomb limit, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. But yeh he did a great job. Hopefully he can shed some light on this new stuff.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Yeh you're right, I checked the damage scaling and that combo used to do 40%. It just shouldn't exist with the 3 hover bomb limit, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. But yeh he did a great job. Hopefully he can shed some light on this new stuff.
Did they fix the no meter building business after so many bombs? I know he can't use as many bombs in combo so that helps some what but against everyone else you build meter for the duration their entire combo and it's only fair to address the issue.