What's new

Pwn's MKX List

How do you think I did

• Total voters

ujustgotpwndX2

Quan "Glass Cannon" Chi
After quite a while with the game I've decided to create a tier list. This is just the beginning I plan to update the tier list as I think the tiers change, Let me know what you think. (Ive taken a lot of what was said into consideration and this tier list is no longer up to date and i won't be updating it on here obviously i have to do some more research)

MKX Tier list V.1.0
variations within parenthesis are the main variation thought of for the characters placement

1. Predator (Hunter/Hish-qu-ten)
  2. Kung Lao (Tempest/Buzzsaw
  3. Shinnok (Bone shaper)
  4. Raiden (Thunder God)
  5. Tanya (Kobu Jutsu)
  6. Dvorah (Swarm Queen)
  7. Cassie Cage (Hollywood)
  8. Erron Black (Outlaw)
  9. Quan Chi (Summoner
  10. Tremor (Metallic)
  11. Jax (Heavy Weapons)
  12. Ermac (Master of Souls)
  13. Sonya Blade (Covert ops/Demolition)
  14. Kenshi (Balanced)
  15. Kung Jin (Bojutsu)
  16. Kitana (Royal Storm)
  17. Scorpion (Hellfire/Inferno)
  18. Sub Zero (Grandmaster)
  19. Kano (Cybernetic)
  20. Johnny Cage (Fisticuffs)
  21. Liu Kang (Dragons Fire/Flame Fist)
  22. Ferra/Torr (Lackey/Vicious)
  23. Jacqui Briggs (Full Auto)
  24. Reptile (Nimble)
  25. Kotal Kahn (War God)
  26. Mileena (Piercing/Ravenous)
  27. Jason (Relentless/ Slasher
  28. Takeda (Shirai Ryu)
  29. Goro (kuantan warrior)

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah because Necromancer has any chance of being one of the variations of a top tier character and Summoner is worse than Brawler.

This way of organising tier lists is stupid, if you're basing it on one variation do the whole thing by variation.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Why do people not use S+, S, A etc anymore. I hate the ranking list lol :p

I would make one myself but, like, what purpose does the community get if a random like me makes a list? Who gives a shit. We all know where characters lie roughly atm. Nothing different from other lists by better players.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Predator is really good, but number one??? No, he has his really really bad match ups, like how jax and liu kangs pressure bodies him. He is all offense, damn good offense but he is around the same level as quan, they have incredible offense, but terrible wake up game and defense

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Predator is really good, but number one??? No, he has his really really bad match ups, like how jax and liu kangs pressure bodies him. He is all offense, damn good offense but he is around the same level as quan, they have incredible offense, but terrible wake up game and defense
I think your forgetting that he can kill you in 2 combos and they end with set ups.

Not to mention his normals have some pretty good range. All he's missing really is a fast poke

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Agree with Kung Jin and Subz placement. Disagree with Kenshi he should be way higher!

Edit: I voted "Terrible... Never post again" just for the lulz:DOGE

If we're doing it like that, do it like this then
  1. Predator - Hish-Qu-Ten
  2. Kung Lao - Tempest
  3. Shinnok - Bone Shaper
  4. Tanya - Kobu Jutsu
  5. Quan Chi - Summoner
  6. Cassie Cage - Hollywood
  7. Erron Black - Outlaw
  8. Jax - Heavy Weapons
  9. Raiden - Thunder God
  10. D'vorah - Swarm Queen

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I think your forgetting that he can kill you in 2 combos and they end with set ups.

Not to mention his normals have some pretty good range. All he's missing really is a fast poke
That is exaggerating a bit but yes I suppose so, but once you knock him down he is fucked, as I said, like quan chi, it is all about opening them up and going for the mill, but if you are in the corner you are completely fucked, as I said, he has no options against jax and liu, and he has trouble against kung lao.

ujustgotpwndX2

Quan "Glass Cannon" Chi
If we're doing it like that, do it like this then
  1. Predator - Hish-Qu-Ten
  2. Kung Lao - Tempest
  3. Shinnok - Bone Shaper
  4. Tanya - Kobu Jutsu
  5. Quan Chi - Summoner
  6. Cassie Cage - Hollywood
  7. Erron Black - Outlaw
  8. Jax - Heavy Weapons
  9. Raiden - Thunder God
  10. D'vorah - Swarm Queen
I Took your advice and updated my list with the preferred variations of the cast shall i update my post

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Metallic is Tremor's worst variation by far and even in crystalline or aftershock, tremor is not top 10. Also, Jacqui better than Kotal Kahn. IMO this list is way off and all these tier list threads need to stop.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
Kotal way down there? Tremor way up there? And variationsis almost opinion based at this point. I main shaolin jin and think it's better than bojutsu.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Why do people not use S+, S, A etc anymore. I hate the ranking list lol :p

I would make one myself but, like, what purpose does the community get if a random like me makes a list? Who gives a shit. We all know where characters lie roughly atm. Nothing different from other lists by better players.
Well, let us not pretend that S, A, B, C rankings actually have some objective meaning. I get more annoyed by lists that breakdown as like S+, A+, A-, B+ whatever than the list format but it's all pretty superfluous. I'd favor match-up charts by character rather than all encompassing lists, but for tier shit like this, I think in about 99% of games you can get away with this tier list format:

Top Ten: -tencharactershere-
Everyone else
Bottom Five: -fivecharactershere-