What's new

Ps3 vs. 360

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
for mk9 XBOX is technically much better, as it has no laggy stages as PS3, xbox is much more fluid when playing mk9, ps3 also has a small almost imperceptible delay and some Lag... well this is especially perceptible with x-rays

GhosT

Noob
I prefer sonys pad. But as bad as Mk9 is online its even worse on playstation and xbox is nothing to brag about. This is why i play online on xbox, but with a sony controller that way if i play offline im used to the pad.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
thing i dont get is , were all mk enthusiasts , would you not want the best experience eg: less lag WIRED controllers , no stage lag (lol) being able to play people in america is a big plus as well and most of my games wit americans are fine , not even a half second of delay all my combos come out fine ... im debating getting a ps3 wen i have money , but it shocks me that players defend it so much all ive ever had from usin the ps3 OFFLINE is input lag , no inputs registered, its quite bad :(

Vagrant

Noob
but I feel like it is littered with scorpion 111'ers
It is kinda his best string..... I don't understand the complaint here.

You mean scorpion random spearers?
scorpion random teleporters?
scorpion d3 ers?

Cause 111 is used by scorp pros all over.

lol sorry I understand you're point I just had to be a dick.

thing i dont get is , were all mk enthusiasts , would you not want the best experience eg: less lag WIRED controllers , no stage lag (lol) being able to play people in america is a big plus as well and most of my games wit americans are fine , not even a half second of delay all my combos come out fine ... im debating getting a ps3 wen i have money , but it shocks me that players defend it so much all ive ever had from usin the ps3 OFFLINE is input lag , no inputs registered, its quite bad :(
The xbox dpad is shit. That's enough of a reason for me to play on psn.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I've played mk9 since release on Xbox. Recently I've gotten a ps3 and I must say it is a drastically different experience. Live does have some great players but I feel like it is littered with scorpion 111'ers and no block-jump-a-thoners. After more than a week on ps3 I feel like I have yet to play a game against someone who has no idea what they are doing. It feels like it has many more competent players on it and I feel like I'm getting much better by playing on ps3. I know the rule of thumb is to play friends exclusively but sometimes that isn't possible. I've met a lot of ppl on psn that I have since added to my friends list.

Anyone else feel the same?

Btw treadmill1150 is my psn
I find everybody on PS3 just runs away and zones, about 90% of matches, because of the extra lag it is 100% viable tactic on PS3, good luck properly dash blocking and spacing to get in, I got bored of chasing people down so I don't even play on it anymore,

fr stack

The xbox dpad is shit. That's enough of a reason for me to play on psn.
id take gameplay over a controller any day got myself an etokki convertor and ps2 pad for around 20 quid , its not dat expensive , still though i do want mk on both systems just so i can play everybody

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Fan Boys thats why :) Most people that say there is no difference haven't actually played on both for extended periods of time, so they lie, because they love Sony on a level that I will just never understand.

fr stack

Fan Boys thats why :) Most people that say there is no difference haven't actually played on both for extended periods of time, so they lie, because they love Sony on a level that I will just never understand.
ive played on both an i notice a huge difference , every time i go to offline casuals i have the worst controller issues etc . like i know how to dash in and poke but playstation says no ...

kolpax

MK, KI, KoF...I love em all!
I own MK on both consoles, I'd say the 360 has a cooler King of The Hill mode allowing your avatar, and it does seem to run slightly smoother at times. There does seem to be a lot more players on the PS3 version over the 360 version though, then again while there are more players on the PS3 that doesn't mean better match ups. Online play for a fighting game in general is just for fun and not to be taken seriously because there are so many variables that can affect the outcome of a fight that wouldn't happen in a versus offline match up. Comes down to it, just play on what you prefer or have more friends on and just have fun! :D

I own both, and I don't notice a difference. I'm not comparing MK9 though. I only have MK9 on ps3. I have MK1, 2, and 3 on both systems for comparison, and I don't notice any difference when it comes to lag or input delay. MK9 might be different due to the elaborate stages. Both systems have their positives and negatives. If you can't name anything that's better about the opposing system, then you are a fanboy of the system you own.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I own both, and I don't notice a difference. I'm not comparing MK9 though. I only have MK9 on ps3. I have MK1, 2, and 3 on both systems for comparison, and I don't notice any difference when it comes to lag or input delay. MK9 might be different due to the elaborate stages. Both systems have their positives and negatives. If you can't name anything that's better about the opposing system, then you are a fanboy of the system you own.
I own them all, and the comparison here isn't the systems, it's MK9 for the systems, as far as I know MKAK runs the same on both, it's MK9 we are talking about.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I've played MK9 on both systems extensively. For me the differences are:

PS3
Better players online in general
People use rooms more
No lag on character select screen or rooms

Better netcode. Not a massive difference but noticeable
Shows connection quality in rooms
No stage lag
No x-ray lag
No region lock
No banned characters

For a tournament it should be 360 no doubt about it.