What's new

PS3 controller problem

RoGE

Noob
No seriously what the heck is wrong with my dualshock PS3 controller? It has a habit of randomly disconnecting whenever it's on a wired connection and now it's giving me power surges in USB ports whenever I plug it into my PC (probably due to it reconnecting/disconnecting over and over again) I've tried the following with no success

-plugging it into a different usb slot
-resetting the controller
-my friend going through the same problem bought a new usb connecter for his and is STILL going through the same problem (without the power surge problem)
-I have two different ps3 controllers but they both use the same connector, same problem

It's really annoying and I'm considering buying a non-dualshock 3 controller that also works on ps3/pc but I want to hear what you all think before I make that choice. Is anyone else having the same problem?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
No seriously what the heck is wrong with my dualshock PS3 controller? It has a habit of randomly disconnecting whenever it's on a wired connection and now it's giving me power surges in USB ports whenever I plug it into my PC (probably due to it reconnecting/disconnecting over and over again) I've tried the following with no success

-plugging it into a different usb slot
-resetting the controller
-my friend going through the same problem bought a new usb connecter for his and is STILL going through the same problem (without the power surge problem)
-I have two different ps3 controllers but they both use the same connector, same problem
It's really annoying and I'm considering buying a non-dualshock 3 controller that also works on ps3/pc but I want to hear what you all think before I make that choice. Is anyone else having the same problem?
did you install any program like DS3 Tool before just plugging the controller in? I recommend using this or another program that installs drivers that emulate xbox 360 controllers. However the controllers make buttons in certain games reversed so you should check your buttons on every game.

You might want to try out Better DS3 if you are having Dualshock3 problems on PC. I'd also recommend buying a cheap(ish) bluetooth dongle if you don't already have one, that way you won't have to worry about your USB cable accidentally disconnecting.

RoGE

Noob
It might be the ps3, not the control pad. Most people on here will tell you to get an xbox.
did you install any program like DS3 Tool before just plugging the controller in? I recommend using this or another program that installs drivers that emulate xbox 360 controllers. However the controllers make buttons in certain games reversed so you should check your buttons on every game.
I'm using DS3 tool and this is a problem for whatever it's plugged into (ps3 and PC)

edit:if I move it even slightly in one direction, it'll disconnect

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Could be a PC issue. I've had 3 different PS3's since 08 and the only problem I ever had with my controllers was wearing out analog buttons playing SF4 & Boxing games. Someone said buy a Xbox? lol. Why? Most people are using converters and a PS3 controllers on said Xbox anyways. While playing FGs anyway. That's just my two cents.

Justice

Noob
If it's disconnecting when you move, it sounds like your motion sensor is lose and hitting the pcb or it's shot.