What's new

PS3 / 360 version of MKX anyone???

Matix218

Get over here!
Hey TYM,

Just wondering if I am the only non-next gen console owner who is left out there??

Yes... I still do not own the game :'( I have played it on my brother's ps4 but I am still waiting until the 2nd of June to get my preorder ps3 copy...

Just seeing who of my TYM brethren are in the same boat as I am and also seeing realistically your expectations of the quality (or lack thereof) we can expect from the last gen port.

Do you think we will get the same frame rate, gameplay, patches/hot fixes as the next gen versions?

Discuss to help tide over the fellow last geners who still are waiting for the game!

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
After the PC disaster release, I hope High Voltage steps it up and gets everything right for the PS3/360 players!

Out of curiosity, what's holding you back from getting a PS4? Money, games, etc.

I think Mortal Kombat X will be one of the last big cross-gen releases, with maybe only a few stragglers later in the year. It's starting to look like we're finally reaching the turning point.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
Hey TYM,

Just wondering if I am the only non-next gen console owner who is left out there??

Yes... I still do not own the game :'( I have played it on my brother's ps4 but I am still waiting until the 2nd of June to get my preorder ps3 copy...

Just seeing who of my TYM brethren are in the same boat as I am and also seeing realistically your expectations of the quality (or lack thereof) we can expect from the last gen port.

Do you think we will get the same frame rate, gameplay, patches/hot fixes as the next gen versions?

Discuss to help tide over the fellow last geners who still are waiting for the game!
I feel you brother waiting for the game as well and I have all of the same questions

Matix218

Get over here!
After the PC disaster release, I hope High Voltage steps it up and gets everything right for the PS3/360 players!

Out of curiosity, what's holding you back from getting a PS4? Money, games, etc.

I think Mortal Kombat X will be one of the last big cross-gen releases, with maybe only a few stragglers later in the year. It's starting to look like we're finally reaching the turning point.
My wife and I just had our first child and given that mk is literally the only game I play I can not justify buying a whole ps4 rig to basically just play mkx (especially since they are releasing it for ps3 which I already have).

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The fact that there have been no screenshots or pretty much any info whatsoever is NOT a good sign. Honestly, I'd take the $60 (or $90 if you planned on getting the Kombat Pack with it) and put it aside and start saving for an XB1 or PS4. Let's be serious here....the last gen versions are going to be awful. I don't even think they'll be worth playing.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
My wife and I just had our first child and given that mk is literally the only game I play I can not justify buying a whole ps4 rig to basically just play mkx (especially since they are releasing it for ps3 which I already have).
Makes sense. Also, congrats!!

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I'm waiting out to see how the PS3 version is. If it ends up being 'good enough', I will get that, but otherwise, will most likely upgrade to PS4. Fingers crossed!

John Grizzly

@Matix218

or just outright cancel it....
Unfortunately, I don't think this is out of the question. How far out are we from release? Less than a month and still no screens or info? And considering what a shit show the PC version has been, I really wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting canceled.

Everyone that is struggling with bills and what not (as I am) should keep in mind that you can get a no interest (for a year I think) Best Buy card pretty easily. I bought my Xbox One with mine. My payments were about 20 bucks a month (which I usually paid about 50 on every month instead) and I had it paid off in no time. It didn't break my bank and I had a next gen system. They'll approve you for about $500 as long as your credit isn't complete ass (mine is overage, at best) and that's good enough for a next gen system, MKX and even an extra controller.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Advanced Warfare for Ps3 is trash compared to the Ps4 version. And this is NRS. Just food for thought.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Advanced Warfare for Ps3 is trash compared to the Ps4 version. And this is NRS. Just food for thought.
No, it isn't NRS. It's High Voltage Studios who have a bad record of NRS ports since MK9 PC.

Also I was also planning to get it on the 360 at first but even since the 2 month delay, I felt that it was not worth waiting 2 months to pay $90 for an inferior version of a game I am very eager to play. So basically my X1 is a $400 MK machine but it was worth it.

Matix218

Get over here!
I do think it is odd that we have literally heard and seen nothing on the last gen ports other than when they originally told everyone they would be significantly delayed out into June... Def does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I would hate to have to drop 460 bucks just to be able to play mkx but it may end up coming to that... if we got a watered down graphically version that had the gameplay, framerate and pstches/hot fixes of the next gen version it would be 100% worth just getting the ps3 version for me at least but given the HVS track record I am starting to doubt they will be able to deliver that.... did they do the awful injustice vita port too? If so we are doomed

I'm really envious of ps4/x1 people. I bought a pc just to play MK X but after hearing about all the problems with the pc version I still haven't bought the game. Plus WB is being silent on the last gen versions which is a major concern especially with all the problems HVS is having with the pc version. I want to play MK but I'm stuck between choosing a messed up pc version or ps3/360 last gen version that I'm not seeing any info on.

John Grizzly

I'm really envious of ps4/x1 people. I bought a pc just to play MK X but after hearing about all the problems with the pc version I still haven't bought the game. Plus WB is being silent on the last gen versions which is a major concern especially with all the problems HVS is having with the pc version. I want to play MK but I'm stuck between choosing a messed up pc version or ps3/360 last gen version that I'm not seeing any info on.
I'm not trying to sound like an asshole at all, but I'm wondering why you'd buy an entire PC just to play MKX. Why not just spend less and get a next gen system to play MKX on?

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
No, it isn't NRS. It's High Voltage Studios who have a bad record of NRS ports since MK9 PC.

Also I was also planning to get it on the 360 at first but even since the 2 month delay, I felt that it was not worth waiting 2 months to pay $90 for an inferior version of a game I am very eager to play. So basically my X1 is a $400 MK machine but it was worth it.
Yeah, I forgot about that, should have said: And HVS is worse than NRS...

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole at all, but I'm wondering why you'd buy an entire PC just to play MKX. Why not just spend less and get a next gen system to play MKX on?
I debated between a pc and ps4 for awhile before I pulled the trigger on the pc. In the end it was easier for me to justify buying a pc since:
1. Game was cheaper than the consoles around release
2. I can use my 360 brawlstick without needing to spend more money on a converter
3. If my laptop ever breaks down I would still have a backup for my school stuff.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hopefully the PC port is shitty because they're putting all their time, sweat and effort into the last-gen version :)
#Optimism

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Im right there with you Matix. Im starting out on ps3 for the first couple months. I may be getting ps4 late July for my birthday but until then, old gen struggles. Add me and we can play some games when it comes out. Just note ive only played this once on my friends ps4 so imma be free at first lol. Maining Deceptive Reptile. psn: KHAOTIC_VIG

Aramonde

Noob
I'm still on last gen hardware so im glad some of you here will be testing it. If its as bad as the PC port then it i'll play it at my friends house until i get a PS4 which will be awhile.

Have they announced an official release date yet?

Matix218

Get over here!
I'm still on last gen hardware so im glad some of you here will be testing it. If its as bad as the PC port then it i'll play it at my friends house until i get a PS4 which will be awhile.

Have they announced an official release date yet?
Supposedly 6/2 is the release date according to gamestop

Matix218

Get over here!
Welp... given the most recent 2nd delay of the ps3 version I decided to bite the bullet and just buy a ps4 and mkx. Im guessing the last gen versions will end up just being cancelled so I am now a next gen-er!

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Welp... given the most recent 2nd delay of the ps3 version I decided to bite the bullet and just buy a ps4 and mkx. Im guessing the last gen versions will end up just being cancelled so I am now a next gen-er!

But seriously, enjoy the game

Matix218

Get over here!

But seriously, enjoy the game
Yeah I know...

If the game had released on 6/2 like it was supposed to I would have just gotten the ps3 version but I ended up getting a 50 dollar gift card to game stop that I put toward the console plus game stop had a promo where you get a year of ps+ free when you buy the ps4 last of us bundle. Then I got mkx at target on sale this week for 38 bucks so at least I feel as if I got a pretty good deal.