What's new

Pro tip: About footsies (in Injustice or otherwise)

Are you a scrub? JK >:-) Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Reads are a huge part of footsies in any game

Like Duck Nation said earlier, the game is all about guesses and making the right reads. Good footsies=/=Good movement
Just to cover my own ass, what I really tilted at was that IGAU is just about forcing you to commit to your choices. I'm not sure I'd take a leap as far as making good reads or correct guesses, because there's plenty of cases where you can be pretty sure what your best choice is. I.e., Are you Superman? Are you in f23 range? YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Just to cover my own ass, what I really tilted at was that IGAU is just about forcing you to commit to your choices. I'm not sure I'd take a leap as far as making good reads or correct guesses, because there's plenty of cases where you can be pretty sure what your best choice is. I.e., Are you Superman? Are you in f23 range? YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.
There are still ways to force reads especially in the case of Superman. F23 is a mid meaning it will always be blocked the superman player if down on life chooses to just f23 he's not doing anything except giving you both meter and running down the clock in this situation you win. Now he has to jump, iAd, slide, superman punch, laser which allows a free dash up, do something that is risky and advantageous to you. even if he walks up to you and your a character whose range is inside of f23 range he's given you advantage. And that's just based off of a character who doesn't have zoning / counter zoning options agains supes which most of the cast does. Every choice is a commitment in every game I don't see how injustice is any different.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I agree with all of that. But it's still frequently his best option, and it's not the only character that's true of.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Well in most GOOD airdash games and i guess to reference bb and gg again specifically you cant airblock antiairs only air to airs. In those games you also have to spend meter to barrier block to cancel your dash otherwise your movement is just about as stiff as it is in igau. Airblocking is typaclly part of the air to air game and air to air has its own dynamic in injustice.[/quote]

I won't stray too off topic and break down the fluidity of air dashers on the ground but the point was comparing the two in practice would lead to a lot of silliness. When people say footsies don't exist in this game, everyone knows they do but the point is you can ignore them in a lot of matchups since combo starters and mobility are often more viable. The complaint is part of a long list of fundamentals igau ignores. Not really agreeing with that side but just a reminder to not take those statements at face value.