What's new

Pro players that practice the most and get the least?

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Haha, true. Online warrior for now, working on actually making it to tournaments in the coming months though. I'm confident, but I know I have some major flaws that need to be worked out. BUT I would argue the fact that I haven't been in tournaments makes my practice time even less useful. 15+ days (last I checked, according to in game timer) just to be a casual? Doesn't seem too productive to me
if you have xbox ill play you to see if your confidence is well placed

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
this was basically the same bro raiden had f21 instead is supermans f23 and i never played mk9 so i cant say
Injustice came out in April and stayed broken even until Evo which was is July. I'd say we had a pretty good Evo this year and far better patches

And don't eeeeeeeeeeeeeeven get me started on MK9. Day 1 Cyrax, Kabal, and Kung Lao where broken in so many ways and even by the end of the game's life more than half the cast was useless.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Injustice came out in April and stayed broken even until Evo which was is July. I'd say we had a pretty good Evo this year and far better patches

And don't eeeeeeeeeeeeeeven get me started on MK9. Day 1 Cyrax, Kabal, and Kung Lao where broken in so many ways and even by the end of the game's life more than half the cast was useless.
Well its nearly two months after this games evo and its still a peice of wank like

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Well its nearly two months after this games evo and its still a peice of wank like
Which characters are beyond broken like MK9 Kabal/Kenshi/Cyrax or as bad as Stryker/Jade/Sheeva?

The game right now just needs a few balance tweaks and several top tier character nerfs like predator damage, Liu kang FBDCs, etc and it'll be far better than either MK9 or Injustice.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Which characters are beyond broken like MK9 Kabal/Kenshi/Cyrax or as bad as Stryker/Jade/Sheeva?

The game right now just needs a few balance tweaks and several top tier character nerfs like predator damage, Liu kang FBDCs, etc and it'll be far better than either MK9 or Injustice.
liu kang kung lao shinnok goro jacqui takeda and yeah the balancing needs a good few tweaks

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Are there any pro players willing to open up on how insane their practice sessions but still aren't able to do work in majors?

I saw a top player (major winner) streaming Black Ops 3 Beta instead of playing MKX, which got me thinking about whether there are other players that spend their every waking hour practicing just to win the tournaments this guy does, but fail.
@HoneyBee is now a blops player xD

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Are there any pro players willing to open up on how insane their practice sessions but still aren't able to do work in majors?

I saw a top player (major winner) streaming Black Ops 3 Beta instead of playing MKX, which got me thinking about whether there are other players that spend their every waking hour practicing just to win the tournaments this guy does, but fail.
Here's how this works.
In any given confrontation the stronger, more able half will take the fight.
If their strengths are matching, the more adaptive will take the fight.
If their adaptation is equal, the more prepared will take the fight.
If they are prepared at even grounds, luck will decide.
If luck doesn't decide, the one with the more set mind will take the fight.
If their minds are set both, the stronger, more able half will take the fight.
And it goes on like that.

Me! It's the last competitive game I'll ever play! It's soon time for life to take it's course. Wife job and maybe a few kiddos in the next couple of years! I need to go out with a bang guys! Give me kabal or Cyrax already! Fuck! Lol

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader

Well I would hope this game be more complete/balanced than 9. This is their 3rd game in 4 years. If they didn't show any improvement at all, then they would really not deserve another penny from anyone