What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees [Pre-XL] What do you think Jason will get in the next patch update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I assume he will get mostly overlooked like in the last big patch we had, but you never know lol

Anyway, assuming they do give him a little love, what would you like to see him get/hope he will get?

Last edited:

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
Jason is bottom tier, let's not forget that. Some would even argue that he's the worst character in the game, and I can agree with that, given the changes given to Goro. I'm not familiar with Jason, but when I did play him at release I noticed that he really needed a good safe string that can be used in footsies. I don't know if any changes have been made to him since then in frame adjustments, but I don't know if much can be done to help him.

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
I don't know but he needs something because he is just bad.
No real pokes outside of down 1, which is a mid. Unstoppable Jason is pointless in all honesty. If you want more range and a projectile, play Slasher. If you want better pressure and a teleport, play relentless. I think that NRS should really focus on Unstoppable.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I'm not familiar with Jason, but when I did play him at release I noticed that he really needed a good safe string that can be used in footsies..
That's not really his biggest problem, at least not in Unstoppable and Relentless, because he has B122, which actually does a brilliant job of doing just that. His biggest overall problem in Unstoppable and Relentless is the absolutely crippling combination of having both horrendous pokes AS WELL AS command grabs that get beat out by too many moves. This combination essentially guarantees that Jason is at a distinct disadvantage at close range, against virtually the entire cast. But, that is just unacceptable, because those two variations don't have any projectiles and Lake Mist is a very mediocre anti-zoning tool. As a result, Jason is at a distinct disadvantage at BOTH close range and long range, against virtually the entire cast. Hence, he is the worst character in the game.

(I would actually argue that Relentless and Unstoppable are pretty decent in overall footsies because of how good B122 can be, if properly used)

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Slasher:

Special Moves:
bf3 ex: goes full screen
df1 ex: start up 8 (down from 11)
db2: start up 15 (down frome 19), block adv. -12 (up from -24), hit adv. +10 (up from +5)
db2 ex: block adv. +15 (up from -14) not sure how to change this in terms of frames but knocks down opponent as can be combo'd in the corner like war god df3 ex
bf2: damage 14% (up from 11%)

Normals and Strings:
b1: start up 8 (down from 11)
d1: uses machete to poke for larger range
2: start up 10 (down from 14)
f2: start up 13 (down from 18) damage 7% (up from 5%)
f3: start up 18 (down from 24)
f4: start up 12 (down from 15)
d4: start up 9 (down from 14)

11: block adv. +2 (up from -3)
12: block adv. +2 (up from 0)
b122: block adv. -4 (up from -9)
24: damage 12% (up from 10%)
32u1: juggle closer to Jason to make it easier to combo off of.
f42: block. adv -7(up from -11)

These are the kind of buffs I think slasher needs. His 50/50 are already safe now but cant lead to much. f2 df1 and f4 df1 both 17% and -6 on block. After these buffs he would get more damage from f2 bf2 (probably about 20% and -10 on block) and his f42 would be safe so his low mix up with high damage would be safer.

He would have better pressure with ex machete toss being +15 and comboable in the corner for potentially high damage. And having more + strings as well as faster start up frames on his normals will improve his pressure. Also a much needed range improvement on d1.

Let me know what you think of these changes, I myself think they're reasonable and neccesary :)

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Easy

Musts
Relentless - Unstoppable
1) remove db1, or change the input to let's say db3
2) d4 start up 10 frames
3) exdf1 -5 on block or exbf3 mid. Their choice

That would do for me

Optional
Slasher
1) RUN
or
2) 122 second hit coming out on 15 frames, better recovery for stagger pressure
&
3) b1 deceptive recovery for stagger pressure

4) f4 full anti low
5) b2 proper launch
6) bf2 & exbf2, restand airborne characters ffs

Faster teleport for Relentless.

More Life on resurrection for Unstoppable.

Buff on both grabs making it connect more consistently.

That's not really his biggest problem, at least not in Unstoppable and Relentless, because he has B122, which actually does a brilliant job of doing just that. His biggest overall problem in Unstoppable and Relentless is the absolutely crippling combination of having both horrendous pokes AS WELL AS command grabs that get beat out by too many moves. This combination essentially guarantees that Jason is at a distinct disadvantage at close range, against virtually the entire cast. But, that is just unacceptable, because those two variations don't have any projectiles and Lake Mist is a very mediocre anti-zoning tool. As a result, Jason is at a distinct disadvantage at BOTH close range and long range, against virtually the entire cast. Hence, he is the worst character in the game.

(I would actually argue that Relentless and Unstoppable are pretty decent in overall footsies because of how good B122 can be, if properly used)
B122 is punishable though

I would like more hit advantage for b3 1+3 in for safe armor and pursuit setups and it would allow for Jason to not be punished for putting on armor and comboing the opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.