What's new

Tech - Kobu Jutsu Post-Patch Tele cancels

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
After the patch, Tanya's teleport can only be canceled on the 8th frame. Here's the new data

b1+1/+2
b11+2 -6/-7
112+1
f2(first hit) -2
f2(last hit) +3
34 0/-1
32 0/+1

She's not as plus as she used to be, but she can still catch someone off guard because the cancels are pretty quick

Last edited:

ESP-_BLACK

she will be fine with out the two hits of armor she didnt really need that crap lol she still top or just outside of it she just dont have "block" infs any more. She going going have to spin meter if she wants to be plus on block

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
If your frame data is accurate the she's still pretty good. Haven't had the opportunity to test out the new patch. Thanks man

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
She can still beat people out with a poke or a quick frame move after her cancels, or just go into a full mixup string that isn't a frame trap. She's still very good, has fast high damaging normals, hard to fuzzy guard against mixups, and solid combos.

Just because she isn't mindless doesn't make her fall out of top tier. Although I'd probably put her in top 10 rather than top 5.

ESP-_BLACK

Pyro and Naginata 100% RIP

I bought the kombat pack just because of Tanya and now I don't really enjoy to play her. They tryin to normalize Kobu, but ruin the other variations
IMO pyro is still really good after they fix the fire damage. dragon naginata i dont see the point of it no point of playing it needs buffs.

If your frame data is accurate the she's still pretty good. Haven't had the opportunity to test out the new patch. Thanks man
She still really good i believe she still top10 maybe still within top 5 her pressure is annoying good.

Last edited:

ESP-_BLACK

She can still beat people out with a poke or a quick frame move after her cancels, or just go into a full mixup string that isn't a frame trap. She's still very good, has fast high damaging normals, hard to fuzzy guard against mixups, and solid combos.

Just because she isn't mindless doesn't make her fall out of top tier. Although I'd probably put her in top 10 rather than top 5.

She is still very good did you know she has many strings that are +2?

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
So b1 cancel into b2 is a frame trap? I'm getting orgasmic thinking of all the block strings. I'm going to be using raw b1 2+4 more often now. Only - 4 and I can opt to ex rekka right after to chew through normals. Has anyone experimented on whiffing her air moves? Drill kick especially. The moment she lands you can cancel immediately into a normal or special. If she had a string that had sufficient push back on block I believe this could create some seriously annoying mind games. Her chip isn't going to be as good now though.

ESP-_BLACK

So b1 cancel into b2 is a frame trap? I'm getting orgasmic thinking of all the block strings. I'm going to be using raw b1 2+4 more often now. Only - 4 and I can opt to ex rekka right after to chew through normals. Has anyone experimented on whiffing her air moves? Drill kick especially. The moment she lands you can cancel immediately into a normal or special. If she had a string that had sufficient push back on block I believe this could create some seriously annoying mind games. Her chip isn't going to be as good now though.
i didnt know she didnt have any recovery on the drill kick i often jsut teleport into a ground normal/special because there is no recovery frames.Also b1 tele cancel into is a frame trap but the n2 hits high :/