What's new

Post-Evo Salt Report

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
He was infracted for telling someone in graphic detail to swallow cum, not for calling someone an 'idiot'. There's fun banter, and then there's a line where it inevitably just leads to escalating and getting out of hand -- and has nothing to do with the game.
I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to my recent acquisition of infraction points

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
While we're at it, it's been said that TYM has some children in the audience, and therefor should be tightly moderated for offensive speech. Family friendly content doesn't jive with the general 17-30 male demographic that NRS games attract. I know what TYM is going for, but it does nothing but alienate people that are capable of providing the best content. Cater to the children, and you'll end up with endless shit-posting, kind of like where we're at now.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Yeah, its just evolution of the game, the reason I got rekt by madzin is the same reason I lost to sonic fox, now I'm FORCED to play the counter pick game with buzzsaw/tempest where appicable.

It's always been a weakness of mine, I always play the counterpick game out of my favour, just to avoid switching back and forth.
You always pull away with something after a tournament. Now you know what areas to look into and as you said, it's the evolution of the game.

I really wish I tried warlock against Madzin.

D. R.

Noob
He was infracted for telling someone in graphic detail to swallow cum, not for calling someone an 'idiot'. There's fun banter, and then there's a line where it inevitably just leads to escalating and getting out of hand -- and has nothing to do with the game.
To be fair, I said gravy, not cum. That's just vile. :DOGE

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
According to dictionary.com, "infract" means to break,violate, or infringe (a law, commitment, etc.)

So it is us users that are doing the infracting, the mods are simply bestowing their divine justice upon us :DOGE

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Oh, I think the subtext from the PL tweet comes from the fact that, no matter how hard I try, I can't NOT read it in a crazy sarcastic tone.

And I've tried.

Some people seem more focused on taking away Madzin's props where they are more than deserved. Same with Wound, I suppose it's a common practice for both tournaments

Highest placing Sub at EVO, ESL top 16 finalist, Not only beating the two European EVO top 8 finalists, but also 6-0'ing Foxy in grand finals, which to this day has never happened before.

Foxy has never failed to get a single game in grand finals, Madzin is undeniably the best Sub Zero right now.

I really like and admire Tom Brady, but I just wish that everything Sub Zero related wouldn't always be about him. This is about Madzin and Madzin alone, dude played out of his mind this past weekend.
This desire to make a best SZ is stupid. So at SJ should I place top amidst more players then VF5 and 6 EVO placers where as NO sz had placed top 8 at a big USA major that now Madzin is the inferior player? If this is how you see things then it is most unfortunate. I promise you that you would find this "best SZ" talk repulsive should I place top 8 at SJ and everyone then tries to make Madzin out to be inferior.

However you guys do it I guess....

PND_Ketchup

This desire to make a best SZ is stupid. So at SJ should I place top amidst more players then VF5 and 6 EVO placers where as NO sz had placed top 8 at a big USA major that now Madzin is the inferior player? If this is how you see things then it is most unfortunate. I promise you that you would find this "best SZ" talk repulsive should I place top 8 at SJ and everyone then tries to make Madzin out to be inferior.

However you guys do it I guess....
With all due respect, you really confuse me Tom.

You talk about how you don't want to be known as/am not the best Sub Zero player currently, but when someone actually states that another player may be a more solid player of the character, you get defensive like this.

You can't have it both ways, either you're out to be the best Sub Zero or you're cool with a player being considered better with them/more successful currently.

Which one is it?

Tweedy

Noob
What sucks is Sonicfox is probably better than everyone with 90% of the cast.

It's always super interesting when Foxy, DJT, PL, etc are all at a tournament, because you get to see who will have more success with Lao, and if they face each other, oh boy.

It's cool to be able to say that you, or just that someone is the best with X character. What's even cooler is when there's a lot of competition for that title at a super high level. The best part about top 8 at EVO as a spectator for me was Foxy shutting out DJT in the Lao mirror. Nothing against DJT, it was just cool to see Foxy prove the doubters wrong. Maybe he wouldn't be able to win another set vs DJT like that, but he proved a lot of people wrong when it mattered.

Hopefully the time will come when we'll get to see some high level Subby on Subby crime, instead of speculation based on results. Obviously results matter. Madzin should probably be considered the best, I would just prefer seeing Brady and him face off in a tournament.

PND_Ketchup

What sucks is Sonicfox is probably better than everyone with 90% of the cast.

It's always super interesting when Foxy, DJT, PL, etc are all at a tournament, because you get to see who will have more success with Lao, and if they face each other, oh boy.

It's cool to be able to say that you, or just that someone is the best with X character. What's even cooler is when there's a lot of competition for that title at a super high level. The best part about top 8 at EVO as a spectator for me was Foxy shutting out DJT in the Lao mirror. Nothing against DJT, it was just cool to see Foxy prove the doubters wrong. Maybe he wouldn't be able to win another set vs DJT like that, but he proved a lot of people wrong when it mattered.

Hopefully the time will come when we'll get to see some high level Subby on Subby crime, instead of speculation based on results. Obviously results matter. Madzin should probably be considered the best, I would just prefer seeing Brady and him face off in a tournament.
Just gotta quickly chime in on this one.

Mirror matches have never proven who is better with the character.