What's new

Post any movelist ideas here

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Post any move ideas you have her, just for the hell of it. Characters don't necessarily have to be revealed. I don't have the best ideas, but I'd love to hear all of yours.

I'll start.

Gorilla Grodd:

Laser gun

Mind Control - Like Quan Chi's trance

Headbutt

Gorilla Clap - Sorta like Hugo in SFxT

(Gimmick) - Going Apeshit - Grodd picks up the opponent and for a limited time, can carry them across the screen.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Captain Cold:

Ice pillar: shield without meter, freeze properties with meter

short range ice mist (like Supes ice breath) that slows opponents down for a bit, longer with meter

ice stomp that juggles/launches: different distances depending on button, short/mid/long range at the same time with meter

ice skin: absorbs one hit of damage but you still stumble or what have you, armor with meter

icicle projectile, freeze with meter

trait: ice on feet, increases dash speed and distance, leaves ice trail for a second or two that can stumble opponents.

Changing Ice Pillar to an anti air move that he holds over his head, same properties.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Black Adam

Lightning Strike- Adam dissapears then strikes from above with a bolt of lightning. Think like Ogre's Owl Hunt from SFxT or Akuma's Misogi. Tracks the opponent, but is hella punishable on block.

Teth Impaler- Black Adam thrusts forth his arm and impales his opponent on his hand. Crumples regularly, but the enhanced version makes Adam slam the opponent to the ground after the attack, which ground bounces.

Infinite knowledge- Adam's counter. If he is hit during the animation he appears behind the opponent, grabs them by the face and flies them into the corner.

Dark Lightning- Adam extends his hand and fires electricity. Holding the button will continue the strike. Unlike Shazam's lightning projectile, Adam fires at a down forwardish angle. Enhancing the move makes Black Adam fire a last bolt from his chest.

(Trait) Adam teleports behind the opponent with the push of a button. Can do this 3 times before it needs to recharge, and only recharges once all 3 are used.

Super- Black Adam rushes forward and does a quick three hit combo with lightning charged fists. Then he impales his opponent on his fist, hoists them into the air and yells, "SHAZAM!" not once, but three times. He then tosses his enemy behind him like they're only trash.

Wonder Twins:

Gimmick: tag between twins. Can be done mid-combo off of some moves.

Zan specials:
  • Nitrogen Breath - Freeze move similar to Sindel scream. EX version = less damage scaling on freeze? not sure on this one.
  • Water Spout - Think Kano's upball. EX version allows corner combo with high scaling.
  • Monsoon - Think Seth's vacuum move but in reverse -- pushes enemy away. EX version allows link into typhoon for combo or a safe raw tag.
  • Typhoon - whips up a hurricane to launch the opponent. Close, medium, far. Very tall hitbox - will hit all but the highest of jumping opponents if placed correctly. EX version = more damage & armor breaking.
  • Super - Exxor Blizzard - Zan summons a mighty ice spike from the ground, launching his opponent into the air and freezing them in place with gale force winds. Zan transforms into a giant creature of ice (think ice atronach from skyrim) and beats his opponent mercilessly, ending in him stabbing his opponent through the chest with a blade of ice, and shooting them fullscreen. When this chunk of ice is fired off, his ice armor explodes away from him, leaving him in his regular form.
Jayna specials:
  • Bull's Horns - Transforums into a bull and headbutts her opponent upwards. Launches for combo. Unsafe on block. EX version deals more damage and is safer on block.
  • Feline Dash - Transforms into a cat and dashes forward. As cats are very small, avoids all mid and high moves. Susceptible to all low moves. Can cancel into another special for 1 bar.
  • Octo-Grab - Transforms into an octopus to perform a command grab similar to Cyrax's. Gives a safe jump into more pressure. Can be neutral ducked. EX = very low launch, allows a bull's horns to link but extremely high gravity so opponent cannot be combo'd afterwards. Enough advantage for a free raw tag. Can be done in the air, and EX air version causes a ground bounce for combo.
  • Chameleon's Aspect - Jayna becomes invisible temporarily. Tagging into Zan while invisibility is active will cause him to be in a "water vapor" state where he is also difficult to see. The timer is set between characters, tagging will neither extend nor shorten it.
  • Super - Shape of T-Rex! - Jayna transforms into a T-Rex and takes a massive chomp that auto corrects anywhere up to 3/4 screen. Holding her foe in her teeth, she impales her massive teeth into her foe, shakes them, and throws them fullscreen.
I'm considering scrapping the individualized supers and going with a universal one. Any thoughts on this???????

Well, then maybe I could keep the original ideas, but alter them slightly.

Zan - As his super flash initiates, he transforms into a beast of ice. He stabs forward reaching 3/4 screen. On hit,the super initiates, on block his armor bursts and he is left vulnerable.
Jayna - As her super flash initiates, she transforms into a T-Rex. She chomps forward up to a 3/4 screen distance. On hit, the suepr initiates, on block she stumbles forward, dazed and vulnerable.

The initial attacks will have the exact same frame data, hitbox, and hurtbox data. The only difference is the animation itself but they are equally as punishable, escapable, etc.

On hit the other wonder twin will appear and a tag-super is performed, differing slightly in animation dependent upon which fighter initiated the super. However, damage will be the same and the knockdown state upon the super's completion will be the same. Holding the tag button during the super will allow you to switch between Zan and Jayna being left to fight at the end of the super animation.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Are we just doing characters we wish were in/unrevealed characters or can we also rework the movelist of existing characters?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
THE RAY

Low damage character with high mobility, to his dash style moves and good keep away full to midscreen pressure and good AA. He's not that good at hand to hand normals up close though and he won't outpoke much. He is meant to abuse specials all day and build lots of meter in order to stay viable. Very visually appealing in his matches for this reason.

SPECIALS:

LIGHT SPEED STRIKE

-Similar to Andy Bogard's diving kick. Starts on ground and dives in an arch over projectiles to hit opponents with a right hook that glows with energy and leaves an energy streak behind it as he dives in. Hits multiple times . Good Jump in counter attack and has great corner carry. Hits several times. Meter burn to cancel it into any normal to make it safe on block ONLY at cost of meter.

ENERGY ARRAY

-Similar to Dr. Doom's finger lasers. The Ray strikes his pose from my avatar and as he glows he shoots an array of low durability beams outward in all directions. The beams are thin though so you can thread the needle with hops not to eat chip damage even if your Grundy. This move is mainly used to force out jump ins and cannot be cancelled and has no meter burn. Long Recovery, pushes folks away on block slightly.

FLIGHT

LIGHTSTREAM

-Can be done on ground, in air, or during flight mode. It is a dash move where the Ray flies VERY fast across the screen leaving his trademark energy streak behind him. It puts him behind enemies on hit or block and is his main mixup tool. Does 1 hit, can be beaten by projectiles. Great tool for mobility and combo starting. Low damage

LIGHTSHOT

-The Ray dashes straight up and then fires a beam down at an angle. OTG. 1 hit. Safe on block. Good pressure/ zoning tool.

LIGHT LANCE

-Horizontal energybeam in the trademarked crazy visual style that only The Ray uses.

LIGHT SHIELD

-Very short Very Quick projectile reflect move. Poor Recovery unsafe on whif.

LIGHT STORM

-Punches ground to make it and himself explode into a tunnel of energy. Similar to Captain Commando's Captain Corridor. Great AA tool.

GIMMICK=ENERGY ABSORBTION
-The Ray charges his meter by holding down the gimmick button. It has a slow start up on it before the meter actually builds, but good after a wallbounce or hard knockdown for a quick meter pop

shaowebb

i want the ray in injustice!
If it helps nearly everyone in Freedom Fighters has been given a 4 part miniseries special so far in New 52. They may be trying to bring back that team...sadly New 52 Ray is someone other than Raymond Terrell who even mentions he's not the "real Ray" and the dude looks nowhere near as flashy. Still I'll take whatever I can get.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
For Raven, I would like to see a trap, special placement based, or even an ailment type of playstyle (No, I don't want fucking Ermac).

For the trap playstyle she could have elements from characters like Naoto and Testament, traps can be used for Oki, restricting the opponent's movement, and stylish combos and resets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7or9KvIFS0Y#t=267s

By special placement, I mean certain things you can place on the field. After they are placed an input can be used to have the object interact with the enemy in some way.
Such as Carmine, using them for pressure and mix-ups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLbIYTUhLBJiLPwD4zguorMBNlXN6wqPCm&feature=player_detailpage&v=VBdCwYq95hI#t=808s
and a Melty Blood fighter, Micheal, using it for sick combos
at 2:09 and 3:23

Finally the ailments could be, exactly what they sound like. Special status effects to give you an edge against the enemy. For example, in Persona 4 arena, Elizabeth can put on multiple status effect on you. Ranging from meter stealing and poison, to your mixing up your directional inputs and and paralyzing you (all for short periods of time, of course, else that shit would be broken).

I'm tired. I'll post specific moves later

shaowebb

I'd like to see someone do Steel, but it looks like Luthor's tech armor and giant ax have his gameplan already.

BGMD

Noob
I'm aware of the people saying that this game need more actual superpowered people, but i feel it would be such a shame to not include Black Canary in the game. She is one of the most prominent h2h martial artists in DC universe and perfect fit for a fighting game in general. Has ties with Green Arrow and Batman.

She is trained (by Wildcat and Lady Shiva) in Aikido, Boxing, Capoeira, Dragon Style Kung Fu, Hapkaido, Judo, Jujutsu, Karate, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Savate, Tae Kwon Do, Wing Chun... also Wonder Women trained her in some Amazon techniques

Her normals and some specials (her only real superpower is Canary Cry) could be based around that

just for example

Canary Cry - her trademark ultrasonic scream. normal version could be combo ender which knocks down oponent allowing her to get in for presure. Ex version bounces oponent of the wall for combo extension... for a gimick maybe limited use of disorientating version

Judo Counter - parry move. She is highly proficient in judo and has amazing reflexes. Ex version bounces of the ground for combo starter

etc...

weapons -
"When Dinah lost her Canary Cry, she used a number of weapons and gadgets which include;
High Frequency Sonic Disruptors
Gas Pellets
Swing Lines
Sneezing Powder"

she could also use shurykens as projectile (like Skarlets daggers), or crossbow

stage interactions - same as Nightwing, acrobatic style