What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wazurau

FGC Since '97
TBH people commending a grown man for having literally the minimum amount of anger management required to live in society scare me a bit.
Fr like he was just doing what normal people should. He talked shit, got clapped, and then took the shit talk back. Idk why anyone expects assault. He got proven wrong and owned up to it. This should be expected not rewarded

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Fr like he was just doing what normal people should. He talked shit, got clapped, and then took the shit talk back. Idk why anyone expects assault. He got proven wrong and owned up to it. This should be expected not rewarded
Because people somehow think it's acceptable to beat someone up when they say something you don't wanna hear.
I thought the popoff was excessive, but honestly, it's not justifiable to get physical on someone unless it's self defense, period. And Scar already has a history of being a jerk apparently, so I can't say I feel sorry for him either.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Half of the delicate folks getting so absurdly mad at this popoff:

"Um pop offs are cool and all but does he have to be so close :( I mean it's really not professional :( I mean come on this is a whole different level from normal trash talk :( um actually 30 seconds is a very long time, so inappropriate :( wow props to Scar, truly the bigger man :( I mean yeah Scar started it and stayed up there but it's totally different :( oh my goodness he's so close Buffalo could have spit on him! I mean he didn't but that's totally not the point. Oh no I think he breathed on him! :("

The other half, all these keyboard warriors pretending like they'd "swing on" Buffalo:

This is getting more and more absurd the more it's discussed. Lots of folks acting like this was like an hour-long tirade, when really it's just a kid getting heated for a few seconds after winning against a guy who talked down on him.

I consider it classy to keep cool under extreme situations. A crazed man, swearing at you an inch from your face, most likely with spit flying at you qualifies, IMO.
Despite the fact the the adult (Scar) who did put his middle finger up at the kid was the main one to talk shit about this same kid over a timespan of a month. Screw that classy mess -- if this was someone else and someone much older, Scar would've had to dealt with the repercussions in the street. Don't start mess unless you want to be cleaning it up afterwards.

Wazurau

FGC Since '97
Because people somehow think it's acceptable to beat someone up when they say something you don't wanna hear.
I thought the popoff was excessive, but honestly, it's not justifiable to get physical on someone unless it's self defense, period. And Scar already has a history of being a jerk apparently, so I can't say I feel sorry for him either.
Anywhere i can see his history of being a jerk? Im playing him this weekend and i dont want him to shit on me if i win lol

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Anywhere i can see his history of being a jerk? Im playing him this weekend and i dont want him to shit on me if i win lol
I think people posted some stuff earlier on the thread, check it out. I had no idea beforehand either, but it seems like this wasn't his first instigator moment.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Ask yourself this: Would you be OK with someone literally walking up to you, getting an inch away from your face, and yell at you aggressively, calling you "boy"(which isn't getting enough attention for how awful it is), telling you to go fuck yourself and flipping you the bird for a minute straight?

No. This is not acceptable. Period. Calling this a "pop off" to normalize it is misleading. Yes, pop offs are part of the FGC culture and they're generally hype. This was not that. Fuck outta here. And all because he implied the only reason he beat some dude is due to the FT2 format?
He didnt walk up to him tho, he just stood up from his chair

Definitely sounded like he was saying "ft2 boys"

Scar could've left whenever but he chose to stay, that's part of the reason it lasted so long

He popped off and scar took it, shit wasn't violent so that's what matters

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
He took it too far and Scar's composure made him look dumb. The FGC is lucky Scar didnt retaliate/get physical (bad looks). You can tell Scar is a true professional.

I dont really blame him though, he is young and was all hype from the win, shit happens...

coolwhip

Noob
He didnt walk up to him tho, he just stood up from his chair

Definitely sounded like he was saying "ft2 boys"

Scar could've left whenever but he chose to stay, that's part of the reason it lasted so long

He popped off and scar took it, shit wasn't violent so that's what matters
Ah yes, walking up to him is the relevant point, not being inches away from his face. I see.

coolwhip

Noob
I wasn't the one who said "literally walking up"

And he wouldn't be inches away from scars face if he left, nobody was keeping him there, but again scar sat there and took it
You gotta be a special kind of stupid to blame the guy who didn't walk away and not the guy who got in his face to begin with. Like, really, really fucking stupid.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
When someone gets in your space / in your face its pretty acceptable to defend yourself. Not saying in this environment, but if this were a random encounter in public...

Probably why people are commending Scar for not escalating the situation..not because he has the 'minimum amount of anger management to live in society'.

Scar is one of the most calm cool and collected people in the MK scene

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I wasn't the one who said "literally walking up"

And he wouldn't be inches away from scars face if he left, nobody was keeping him there, but again scar sat there and took it
Yeah he lost, and sat there and took the popoff like a man. At the end of the day it just made buffalo look bad

You gotta be a special kind of stupid to blame the guy who didn't walk away and not the guy who got in his face to begin with. Like, really, really fucking stupid.
Or dont talk shit to people and they wont get in your face?
I've already said buffalo went on too long in the pop off, but it would've ended sooner if scar walked away

coolwhip

Noob
Or dont talk shit to people and they wont get in your face?
I've already said buffalo went on too long in the pop off, but it would've ended sooner if scar walked away
I don't think you realize how insane your suggestion is. You're literally asking players not to say someone beat someone because it was a FT2 (which is like the mildest form of shit talk I can think of) otherwise they have to accept someone getting into their face and yelling obscenities extremely aggressively. Have you actually interacted with a human being in real life before? Because that's not how it works.

I don't think you realize how insane your suggestion is. You're literally asking players not to say someone beat someone because it was a FT2 (which is like the mildest form of shit talk I can think of) otherwise they have to accept someone getting into their face and yelling obscenities extremely aggressively. Have you actually interacted with a human being in real life before? Because that's not how it works.
He didnt have to accept it, he could've left....

Lightaero

Liu Kang/Noob Saibot
A mildly snarky comment on Twitter doesn't give you a free pass to get up and start yelling in anyone's face. Buffalo is the one who's responsible for how he chose to respond in that moment and it's his own overreaction to the situation that made him look like a child, not his age.

There's no excuse for that kind of behavior in a professional tournament setting.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Lol at people saying Buffalo took it too far. Buffalo looked dumb af, but he didnt act morally wrong. If you cant relate to that level of passion, youre gonna have to get familiar with losing. Scar acted exactly how a man should have, but he did shit talk a child. This is a dumb talking point though. No one was hurt, a kid just felt like he was validated with thousands of witnesses. He was big hyped. I dont blame him. This is mundane, you all are being tedious.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
He didnt have to accept it, he could've left....
Ok, people keep saying that, but angry people want to be heard.
It has just as much power to escalate a confrontation as it does to end one. It's not some easy way out or sure fire way to shut conflict down.

It's also unfair and/ or unrealistic to expect someone suddenly in a confrontation to weigh all their options and choose the best one. That and hindsight isn't fair or clear. We have no idea what would have happened if he did something else. We can't rewind and play the situation back with different variables. We can just act we know things would have been better.

Last edited: