What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Spikes and rocks are pretty much worthless and it's pretty much just a guessing game you don't have the type coverage like in 6v6. I'm gonna whip up a few teams for singles and doubles I'm definetly down for a couple more if you're still on.
Im going to be on for a little longer. Have to go to bed soon though. Early day tomorrow unfortunately lol.

7L

Heads up!
Added everyone recently. My friend code is on the homepage.

@xMWFx616x let me know whenever you have those dittos :p

@xKhaoTik I also need your FC, we can grind in the off time at civil war and prep for the REAL game aka. X/Y

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
OK so I'm working on my Chandelure at the moment and I need some opinions.

Obviously, this thing is a sweeper, but it is so damn frail. I was thinking about this move set:

Modest Nature with Life Orb
Flame Body
Flamethrower (STAB)
Shadow Ball (STAB)
Substitute (protection from potential OHKOs and gives me a free potential kill)
Pain Split (cripple the foe and regain health due to substitute and life orb recoil)

But then I started thinking. This pokemon is designed to kill as fast as possible due to its massive SpA stat but low defenses and speed. I then thought of this moveset:

Flamethrower (STAB)
Shadow Ball (STAB)
Energy Ball (coverage)
Hidden Power Fighting(coverage)/Substitute(protection)

I don't think he needs calm mind due to how slow he is, plus he already has a massive special attack stat, and mix that in with life orb, and calm mind would kinda be a waste.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

Obviously, this thing is a sweeper, but it is so damn frail. I was thinking about this move set:

Flamethrower (STAB)
Shadow Ball (STAB)
Pain Split (cripple the foe and regain health due to substitute and life orb recoil)

But then I started thinking. This pokemon is designed to kill as fast as possible due to its massive SpA stat but low defenses and speed. I then thought of this moveset:

Flamethrower (STAB)
Shadow Ball (STAB)
Energy Ball (coverage)

I don't think he needs calm mind due to how slow he is, plus he already has a massive special attack stat, and mix that in with life orb, and calm mind would kinda be a waste.

Thoughts?
For Moves i would give Will o Wisp, Hex(Do you see the Combo),Shadow Ball, Other move. I would Give if Air Ballon as an item. Its cute.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
For Moves i would give Will o Wisp, Hex(Do you see the Combo),Shadow Ball, Other move. I would Give if Air Ballon as an item. Its cute.

I was thinking that too. Hex is amazing against a foe who has a status problem, but then I started thinking about Walls like Snorlax and Blissey. Pain Split would be gdlk against them.

Even with the damage reduction after connecting with will-o-wisp, Chandelure is still way too slow and frail. Sucker punch is still a threat, even with a burn.

Indecisive

I was thinking that too. Hex is amazing against a foe who has a status problem, but then I started thinking about Walls like Snorlax and Blissey. Pain Split would be gdlk against them.

Even with the damage reduction after connecting with will-o-wisp, Chandelure is still way to slow and frail. Sucker punch is still a threat, even with a burn.
Sucker Punch Only hits if you are doing an attack move. The Weakened attack is actually very useful in competitive. Trust me on that. The Less damage is so good. PainSplit i would rather use on a tank or support pokemon. Chandelure has pretty high special attack. So thats why i would rather have it attacking. But thats just me. it sucks that it has shit for typing. But each pokemon can be ran differently. Except for Swellow. Can only be used in one way.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Even with the damage reduction after connecting with will-o-wisp, Chandelure is still way too slow and frail. Sucker punch is still a threat, even with a burn.
My personal favorite set with Chandelure is a scarf set. He already hits like a truck, but is really lacking in the speed department. This makes him really hard to compete with in OU as the speed tier is just on another level for the most part. This is the current Chandelure move set I run:

Flame Body
Modest
252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed
Choice Scarf
Energy Ball
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Added everyone recently. My friend code is on the homepage.

@xMWFx616x let me know whenever you have those dittos :p

@xKhaoTik I also need your FC, we can grind in the off time at civil war and prep for the REAL game aka. X/Y
I think I already added you but I will check today when I get the chance just in case lol.

Reactions: 7L

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So I made a UU team on showdown yesterday to give mega Absol an honest shot at doing well (I just can't make that thing work in OU) and I have to say...Tyrantrum is a UU monster. I am going to have loads of fun with him down there. I'm not used to being able to outspeed everything with him, but I was and it was tripping me out haha. If he already outspeeds something it makes him a real threat as that's his only weakness for the most part. Tyrantrum is by far my favorite poke to have come out this gen, so to try him out in the tier and get such fantastic results delights me. :) Chandelure blows stuff up down there too.

Flame Body
Flamethrower (STAB)
Shadow Ball (STAB)

Flamethrower (STAB)
Shadow Ball (STAB)
Energy Ball (coverage)

Thoughts?
Personally I run choice scarfs with flamethrower, energy ball, shadow ball, and trick but I already have a bunch of will o whispers do I don't need it but it's hella useful too.

Indecisive

Sorry, I keep forgetting to check TYM. I'm home for the next hour or two and I'll check TYM every couple minutes to make sure I don't miss your message haha. What's your FC again? Mines 3368-2283-7330 GBZ
Im getting on now mine is 0645-5975-0300. Im pretty sure i have you. You have a Dragon Safari right. my IGN is R'yth

Indecisive

List is now Smaller. Thanks to @Impractical Joker for helping me out. 15 Left to go.
Entei
Raikou
Ho-oh
Regice
Kyogre
Groudon
Raquazia
latias
jirachi
Regigigas
Manaphy
shaymin