What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Ok well that's not a problem. I would start by saying if you want to build a competitive team, what is the one pokemon that you want to play the most right now?
well machamp is my favorite Pokemon so him. But I've been using Mr. mime alot cause I feel like he is really solid. So one of them haha

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
well machamp is my favorite Pokemon so him. But I've been using Mr. mime alot cause I feel like he is really solid. So one of them haha
Alright so those pokes can be used in OU (Overused), but they would really struggle, so I'd say a tier like UU (Underused) is good for you. So since you know that the best thing to do is just build a team around them in order to support them properly.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Alright so those pokes can be used in OU (Overused), but they would really struggle, so I'd say a tier like UU (Underused) is good for you. So since you know that the best thing to do is just build a team around them in order to support them properly.
where would I be able to check what Pokemon are what tier? Just google it?

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Okay, I'm trying to understand stats a bit better. Is it better to have a lot of HP but shitty defense or shitty HP but outstanding defense?

Reason I ask if I'm trying a weird Drimblim set and I want to know how good it can be in theory. It's got 150 base HP but 40 Def and 50 SpD...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Okay, I'm trying to understand stats a bit better. Is it better to have a lot of HP but shitty defense or shitty HP but outstanding defense?

Reason I ask if I'm trying a weird Drimblim set and I want to know how good it can be in theory. It's got 150 base HP but 40 Def and 50 SpD...
The thing about bulk is that HP most times is better, however you want a decent balance btween all three. Azumarill and Mega Venusaur are prime examples. Things like shuckle who have no hp but crazy defenses are able to swallow a hit or two just from sheer defensive prowess, so it all depends really. However with those stats drifblim should have fairly decent bulk.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't even know who my favorite mon is anymore. I can just give like a top 5 list of stuff I fluctuate between at best. Greninja, Venusaur, TTar and Alakazam are definitely on it. Idk doe. Dat character crisis.

The way I always thought of it is hp splits between spd and defense so it's the go to choice. If you want a physically bulky or specially bulky mom then focus on those stats. Also, if hp is much higher than the defenses then each addition to defense/spd will help more percentage wise and vice versa for shuckle

ShadowBeatz

The thing about bulk is that HP most times is better, however you want a decent balance btween all three. Azumarill and Mega Venusaur are prime examples. Things like shuckle who have no hp but crazy defenses are able to swallow a hit or two just from sheer defensive prowess, so it all depends really. However with those stats drifblim should have fairly decent bulk.
The way I always thought of it is hp splits between spd and defense so it's the go to choice. If you want a physically bulky or specially bulky mom then focus on those stats. Also, if hp is much higher than the defenses then each addition to defense/spd will help more percentage wise and vice versa for shuckle
40 defense though XD. I'll give it a shot though. Drimblim's really cool and I feel like he has a ton of swag (okay, gimmicky) sets :D

ShadowBeatz

Speaking of which, I got some Drifloons with Destiny Bond and Body Slam if anyone's interested. (Not that anyone would be, but I have them!)

ZEROX

Noob
Anyone have an extra Adamant Swinub with Icicle Crash? I got some Shiny's or even a Naive Genesect with all his IV's for it, I'm tired of getting ripped off by the GTS trying to find one :/ @ShadowBeatz Ill take one of those Drifloons if you still have one..

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Anyone have an extra Adamant Swinub with Icicle Crash? I got some Shiny's or even a Naive Genesect with all his IV's for it, I'm tired of getting ripped off by the GTS trying to find one :/ @ShadowBeatz Ill take one of those Drifloons if you still have one..
I can hook you up with one.

3325-3024-4659 IGN: Buzzard