What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I've been focusing mostly on the B12D3 but I can't nail it on clutch situations. Thankfully, someone online was patient enough to play 10 matches with me until I finally nailed it in the last match haha.

I've been using B23 to change it up when my opponent's been expecting a B1, but I really don't know where to take that. Are there any overhead alternatives that people can recommend?

Also, I discovered that her forward dash is pretty damn fast, so I can get close enough to be able to hit then with either whip or a j2 to keep the pressure. That J2 is great for keeping people on the ground.
I did see 16 Bit write that f.3 is a good overhead since you can add armor to it if you expect your opponent to wakeup with something but that's using a bar

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Seems like MB cat dash is a really good gap closer when fighting some zoning characters like Sinestro. Pig of the Hut is currently playing online against CD and he would just wait until the right time to do that move such as when Sinestro uses his meteor overhead.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This may have been discussed before but you can actually do a F3 in a combo after a B3/F3 as long as the 2nd hit doesn't connect.

Also this sets up a really interesting hard knockdown that I show here:

This is with roll on. You can do a bunch of different crazy mixups from here. Try forward dash > jump 1/3. Very hard to block.

What do you guys think?

Krayzie

I'm posting this here because I figure if you're in a character subforum discussion you care about getting better and maximizing your beastmode. I'd like to get some lobbies going with like-minded players especially players who are already established and don't mind deigning to play online with unknowns. Add me on XBL: Bolo Yeung.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Seems like MB cat dash is a really good gap closer when fighting some zoning characters like Sinestro. Pig of the Hut is currently playing online against CD and he would just wait until the right time to do that move such as when Sinestro uses his meteor overhead.
MB Cat Dash is Godlike. You can just camp out full screen and wait till they commit to something that wont interfere with her armor...or whatever. I've used it COUNTLESS times to close the gap/punish.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Hit the lab. You can do a b3 after the 2d21 starter, the timing is a little difficult, but it's a good mixup. So, something like:

ji1, 2d21, b3, ji3, 112 xx Whip is 35% meterless. Add a MB Catdash on the end and finish with f3 and you'll get a 39% with a hard knockdown for pressure opportunity.

xWildx

Also (shameless bump), has anyone else toyed around with ending combos with Cat Stance~3 for when you're going for meterless damage? It's a little higher than her standard specials :)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Hit the lab. You can do a b3 after the 2d21 starter, the timing is a little difficult, but it's a good mixup. So, something like:

ji1, 2d21, b3, ji3, 112 xx Whip is 35% meterless. Add a MB Catdash on the end and finish with f3 and you'll get a 39% with a hard knockdown for pressure opportunity.
I also found these:

F2D31 b3 ji2, 112 xx whip
3,3(either b2 or f2) MB cat dash b3, 112 xx whip

She has 50/50s in like all of her strings, pretty cool actually.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Also (shameless bump), has anyone else toyed around with ending combos with Cat Stance~3 for when you're going for meterless damage? It's a little higher than her standard specials :)
I really hate cat stance, get D3 all the time. But yeah if you can get it 100% it is pretty good.

Ok few thoughts. I just started really playing last night. Catwoman is crazy.

1. As mentioned dash mb is stupid good from long range for with punishing.

2. D+f+3 has absurd range and makes people scared from 3/4 screen.

3. Her combos are hella easy once you get the b3 timing off of her strings like 2d21

4. Hitting someone with a j2 from range still gets you a combo with a cat dash!

I'm loving playing her.

xWildx

So I've been trying out f2d31 as a combo starter, and it's a pretty good starter for damage. The issue I'm having is that after the launch I go for ji3, and the timing to connect 112 after seems ridiculous. Anybody mind doing it and giving me a pointer on when to input the 112?

Black Knife

AKA Blank
Has anyone figured out a way to fight Deathstroke? I've fought a few Deathstrokes of varying skill level in tournaments and I can't find any way to get in on him once he gets full screen. j2 seems to be the best bet but he's got counters to that and MB Catdash just gets shot.

I noticed if you do a combo like j3 cat dash mb b3 j2 112 cat stance pounce (any combo that anti airs with a cat dash I guess because j3 knocks them off their feet) the pounce crosses them up and if they tech roll you land right in their face. If they don't, you can cross them up again and connect with a j1 into string.

Has anyone figured out a way to fight Deathstroke? I've fought a few Deathstrokes of varying skill level in tournaments and I can't find any way to get in on him once he gets full screen. j2 seems to be the best bet but he's got counters to that and MB Catdash just gets shot.
man I just dash hold down. Repeat lol

Rorshock

Noob
Yo, noob Catwoman here (just started her yesterday, but I totally love the way she plays).

I was wondering if you guys had any advice on how to handle the Deathstroke matchup? Getting in is problematic for me. I can use evade, but because he has low guns as well, it becomes a 50/50 game, and that's no good. Cat Dash MB is very nice, but if I predict it wrong I get hit out of the dash and lose 1 meter for free, so that's bad.

What do you guys suggest?

Edit: Lol, just realized someone asked the exact same question above me.

Edit 2: Also, what's CW's best quick punish? d1~claws?

Rorshock

Noob
Oh, this is probably known, but j3 is a decently ambiguous crossup and lead into a combo. For example:
J3 1 1 2(2)~Cat Dash (MB) b3 --> Straight Whip (36%)
-or-
J3 1 1 2(2)~Cat Dash (MB) b3 --> Cat Scratch (5) (42%/44% depending on Cat Dash hits)

(2) = you can do a second 2 but the timing can me a little finicky from my experience.

JJParker

Noob
So I've been trying out f2d31 as a combo starter, and it's a pretty good starter for damage. The issue I'm having is that after the launch I go for ji3, and the timing to connect 112 after seems ridiculous. Anybody mind doing it and giving me a pointer on when to input the 112?
The combo i do after f2d31 is ji2, 33 ex cat dash, b3 (wall bounce), d2 straight whip. It is 12hits and does 41%.

Shady

Noob
The combo i do after f2d31 is ji2, 33 ex cat dash, b3 (wall bounce), d2 straight whip. It is 12hits and does 41%.
That's nice, I usually do F2D31 ji2, 112 Ex Cat Dash MB, B3, 3 Cat Stance 3. It does a little less, somewhere around 34-35% but the Cat Stance 3 jumps over the opponent, reversing the wake up. Good for a few mind games. Alternately instead of 3 Cat Stance 3.... just cat stance 3 for a knockdown.